Weihrauch HW66 producción- Bedding to make it shoot straight

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Weihrauch HW66 producción- Bedding to make it shoot straight

Post by FerUru » 28 Feb 2019, 8:09 pm

Hi I am from uruguay and have a hw66 producción that I can’t make it shoot right, never less than 2 or 3 cm at 50 meters,
Should pillar bedding make it get better???
Thanks
FerUru
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Re: Weihrauch HW66 producción- Bedding to make it shoot stra

Post by bigrich » 28 Feb 2019, 8:25 pm

I had one, the tension on the action screws can make a difference. What ammunition are you using ? Most eley stuff or SK match shot well for me
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sawyers » 02 Mar 2019, 9:18 am

bigrich wrote:I had one, the tension on the action screws can make a difference. What ammunition are you using ? Most eley stuff or SK match shot well for me

You said you had one, just out of curiosity why did you get rid of it
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 02 Mar 2019, 9:29 am

Sawyers wrote:
bigrich wrote:I had one, the tension on the action screws can make a difference. What ammunition are you using ? Most eley stuff or SK match shot well for me

Bigrich is a smart single man...

Instead of having troublesome women floating in & out of his life, he has guns that float in & out of his life...

When he gets a little bored or annoyed with one, he sells it...however, like other men do with women, if he runs into the gun on the street many months later, he is likely to take it back... :lol:

By the way Richo, hows my hornet going cobber...?

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2019, 10:06 am

FerUru wrote:Hi I am from uruguay and have a hw66 producción that I can’t make it shoot right, never less than 2 or 3 cm at 50 meters,
Thanks

bedding will give you consistency
I believe everything should be bedded myself but I do it myself so there isn't a big cost in it
pillar's are not bedding they are to stop the stock from crushing
try loosen the king screw or screws then holding the rifle vertical tighten them up till you get them just tight, front screw first
with your hand around the forearm tip and barrel tighten further,
if you feel the barrel is moving about as you tighten your action is being bent when you tighten the king screws, this is bad
pull a thin piece of paper down the barrel channel to see if the barrel is floated or not, is the barrel touching on one side of the barrel channel
sand out the barrel channel if the barrel is touching so the barrel is free floating, try shooting it with screws just tight and see how it is
hope this helps its how I would look at it :drinks:

also try giving the rifle a very good clean before hand :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 15 Mar 2019, 3:15 am

FerUru wrote:Hi I am from uruguay and have a hw66 producción that I can’t make it shoot right, never less than 2 or 3 cm at 50 meters,
Thanks

I've got a HW66 and they are sensitive to action screw torque. Mine shot best with 3Nm on the front and 2-2.5Nm on the rear screw. That's not a lot of torque, but it is what works with these rifles.

Having said that, I did bed mine and it made a small difference - but not a lot - to an already very accurate rifle.I bedded with the pillars in place.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 4:37 am

Sawyers wrote:

I let mine go cause it was not as light and handy as a Cz 452 American I have now. The build quality on the weihrauch was awesome, it was not as accurate as some other weihrauchs however .i had a 22 mag that shot smaller groups, my Cz shoots just as well. So I moved my weihrauch on , made room in the safe for something else

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 4:46 am

Stix wrote:
Sawyers wrote:

Bigrich is a smart single man...

Instead of having troublesome women floating in & out of his life, he has guns that float in & out of his life...

When he gets a little bored or annoyed with one, he sells it...however, like other men do with women, if he runs into the gun on the street many months later, he is likely to take it back... :lol:

By the way Richo, hows my hornet going cobber...?

:drinks:

Yeah, well , playing with rifles can be cheaper than women and dating that’s for sure. ;) your hornet is going well stix, what made it really practical was I’m using the same “lil’ gun “ powder for my 357 marlin. The hornet is a fussy at times caliber that can teach a lot about reloading, But the results can be worthwhile

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles