Got the CZ 452 varmint. .22LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Got the CZ 452 varmint. .22LR

Post by Gun nut. » 02 Mar 2019, 5:03 pm

Finally found one of these after looking for a while. Topped it off with a leupold 3x9x40 , can't wait for a good range session now!. I would be interested on your thoughts on which ammo this rifle may like. Cheers.

Last edited by Gun nut. on 02 Mar 2019, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Got the CZ 452 varmint. .22LR

Post by yoshie » 02 Mar 2019, 5:19 pm

Nice
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Mar 2019, 5:48 pm

Looks exactly like mine ;-)
Which like SK magazine subsinics.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Diamond Jim » 03 Mar 2019, 1:34 am

I have the same rifle topped with a cheap, knock-off sight from a well-known online seller based in Asia. I figured after spending nearly $1000 on the rifle I'd buy a cheap scope and replace it down the track as funds became available. Well, 5 years on and I've still got the cheap scope and the combo is a tack driver. If and when it dies I'll buy a brand name scope because this rifle deserves one but until then I'm happy with what I have.
Best value for money in rifles in my opinion.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by combo12 » 03 Mar 2019, 2:05 pm

SK Rifle Match are great ( I have the same rifle) also Lapua CentreX. Mine doesn’t like Eley for some reason.
combo12
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by wildcard6 » 03 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

Your ammo choice may be determined by what you want to do with the rifle. Hunting? Target shooting? I have used Winchester Power Points for many decades in my CZ452 Varmint, but in recent years, quality has deteriorated and I've had three misfires in one box of fifty! All fired when rotated 180 degrees in the chamber. CCI Mini Mag or Velocitor is very good, reliable ammo for hunting. For target work, I use both CCI Standards [cheap] for informal metallic silhouette shooting out to 100m, then I'm using SK Standard+ [twice the price] for more serious accuracy [I'm shooting out to 300 yards on metallic silhouettes]. One thing you might want to look at is putting a stock ammo pack on your rifle, because cheek-weld may be poor with your set up. Your scope mounts are quite high, and you may find the stock doesn't naturally align your eye with the scope as a result. The simple solution is to add a stock ammo pack. If your trigger is stock standard, various options exist to improve it. A light, crisp trigger is a real aide to better accuracy. Enjoy your rifle!
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Cooper » 03 Mar 2019, 8:20 pm

What year is your cz452? Should be stamped on left hand side of barrel? Will be interested to see how it shoots. I have a CZ 452 classic (American) mine is 1999 model. CCI standard for plinking. SK rifle match is the best I've tried.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gun nut. » 04 Mar 2019, 4:47 pm

wildcard6 wrote:Your ammo choice may be determined by what you want to do with the rifle. Hunting? Target shooting? I have used Winchester Power Points for many decades in my CZ452 Varmint, but in recent years, quality has deteriorated and I've had three misfires in one box of fifty! All fired when rotated 180 degrees in the chamber. CCI Mini Mag or Velocitor is very good, reliable ammo for hunting. For target work, I use both CCI Standards [cheap] for informal metallic silhouette shooting out to 100m, then I'm using SK Standard+ [twice the price] for more serious accuracy [I'm shooting out to 300 yards on metallic silhouettes]. One thing you might want to look at is putting a stock ammo pack on your rifle, because cheek-weld may be poor with your set up. Your scope mounts are quite high, and you may find the stock doesn't naturally align your eye with the scope as a result. The simple solution is to add a stock ammo pack. If your trigger is stock standard, various options exist to improve it. A light, crisp trigger is a real aide to better accuracy. Enjoy your rifle!

Wow! 300 yards with a .22? That's about 200 yards more than I would care to shoot with a.22 rimfire. I have ordered a set of low scope rings that should just give me clearance between the scope and bolt handle. My other concern on this setup is the scope. It's not a rimfire scope so incorrect parallex will be a problem at 50 yards but I will see how I go. Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by Gun nut. on 04 Mar 2019, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Gun nut. » 04 Mar 2019, 4:51 pm

Cooper wrote:What year is your cz452? Should be stamped on left hand side of barrel? Will be interested to see how it shoots. I have a CZ 452 classic (American) mine is 1999 model. CCI standard for plinking. SK rifle match is the best I've tried.

11 is stamped on left hand side of barrel. So 2011 I guess . This was the last year of the 452 production if I'm correct .
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by wildcard6 » 04 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

On the question of scopes and parallax adjustment-capability, if you are going to use the rifle for HUNTING, stay with what you have. No rabbit, hare. or fox ever criticised my shooting due to parallax error - because they were already dead! Having a parallax-adjustable scope is great for TARGET shooting only. They are a pain in the butt for hunting. I don't think there is one scope that will truly do everything, so one approach I have used in the past was to have a target scope, set up in its own set of mounts, as well as a hunting scope [3-9X or straight 6X] also in its own set of mounts. Most of the time I left the target scope in place, and when I went hunting I just swapped scopes. A couple of shots to check/adjust zero and off you go. The trick to doing this is to set your front mount [both sets] right at the front edge of the action, so it's easy to locate where the scope has to be put each time you change. There are other ways of doing this, but things just get more complicated and I like to keep things as simple as I can. FWIW, I now have a 4-16X Vortex Diamondback Tactical scope on my CZ Varmint for all my target shooting needs, even out to 300 yards. I don't see much call for the hunting set up anymore, but I've still got them if I need them. A spare scope or two is always a good thing to have for just in case situations.
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by rookie » 09 Mar 2019, 10:09 pm

Got mine yesterday CZ 452 Varmint .22lr with a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 with Sportsmatch medium rings :mrgreen: - Very similar to yours GN - mine is also stamped with "11"

My first rifle and she’s a beauty :thumbsup:

Just need to do something about the factory trigger as she feels heavy and long creep before breaking ... any recommendations? Timney? https://timneytriggers.com/cz-452-trigger/ .. what pull weight do u guys look for?
Edit: I read this on the Timney viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2959#p186058 - might be too tricky for a novice

I’m also using G96 on the bolt to try and loosen her up a bit - do u guys use anything else? Or spray it on a particular part of the bolt?

I think later on I’d like to swap the rings for something that looks more traditional .. these look a little “tactikool” but they seem to be doing a fine job

Had a great morning shooting her and zeroing in the scope - being a novice and with the trigger, I was getting 20 cent groups with CCI Standard, SK Rifle Match and RWS Rifle Match (all the ammo I brought along :) ) - but definitely more consistent with the SK and RWS

hope ur having fun with yours GN :thumbsup:

Actually .. another question .. I had a couple of the CCI cartridges not eject after firing and stuck in the barrel .. i could pick it out easily enough but any thoughts on this would be appreciated
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gun nut. » 10 Mar 2019, 7:26 am

rookie wrote:Got mine yesterday CZ 452 Varmint .22lr with a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 with Sportsmatch medium rings :mrgreen: - Very similar to yours GN - mine is also stamped with "11"

My first rifle and she’s a beauty :thumbsup:

Just need to do something about the factory trigger as she feels heavy and long creep before breaking ... any recommendations? Timney? https://timneytriggers.com/cz-452-trigger/ .. what pull weight do u guys look for?
Edit: I read this on the Timney viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2959#p186058 - might be too tricky for a novice

I’m also using G96 on the bolt to try and loosen her up a bit - do u guys use anything else? Or spray it on a particular part of the bolt?

I think later on I’d like to swap the rings for something that looks more traditional .. these look a little “tactikool” but they seem to be doing a fine job

Had a great morning shooting her and zeroing in the scope - being a novice and with the trigger, I was getting 20 cent groups with CCI Standard, SK Rifle Match and RWS Rifle Match (all the ammo I brought along :) ) - but definitely more consistent with the SK and RWS

hope ur having fun with yours GN :thumbsup:

Actually .. another question .. I had a couple of the CCI cartridges not eject after firing and stuck in the barrel .. i could pick it out easily enough but any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Sounds like a good session you had rookie. Not sure what your problem with the bolt is? It should be well worn in on a 8 yo rifle. Did you get the freedom " rimfire " scope? It's parallax it set at 60yrds which is perfect for accurate shooting for a rimfire rifle.
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by rookie » 10 Mar 2019, 7:01 pm

Hey GN,

The .22lr and her twin (a .17hmr) were both trade-ins that were pretty much new / unfired. Kept in a safe for posterity .. only in Sydney I guess :lol: .. I bought her to shoot.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the .17hmr but was cheering when I came across them - was basically at the right place at the right time and put a deposit on her all when my licence was first approved.

Anyway, the bolt action is still pretty stiff, hence my question re what others might put on them to work them in. I actually got out to the range again today and the range officers put some of their special home-made Vaseline looking stuff on it (they use BRNO for “try and shoot” and hire guns and is the stuff they use on them) and it’s made progress.

The scope I got at Christmas during the sales and is a VX-freedom 3-9x40 - I did read somewhere it is 60 yard parallax. Getting better at it - today rather than worrying about where to put my cheek (something I do with shotguns) I just put my eye in the right spot and let the rest take care of itself. Much better consistency too..

It’s a great rifle, a heap of fun learning to shoot her and do her justice :D
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by ClaytonT88 » 11 Mar 2019, 11:54 am

Nice looking set up GN, keen to see how it shoots, only a couple more weeks until I pick up my T1X and see how that shoots too!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 12 Mar 2019, 12:50 am

Regarding trigger, a popular trigger kit when I bought my CZ452 varmint was something called the "Yo-Dave" kit - I think from a fellow in Canada. It was about $18 for 4 springs and 4 tubular shims. I bought it online and within a hour or so trying different combinations I had a trigger pull of a little over 1kg and zero creep. The latter is important because people who try my rifle always comment that it is a "hair trigger" - it isn't. They are just not used to having no gritty, long take-up. I can lift a 1.25L bottle full of water without the trigger releasing and I can pound the butt with a rubber mallet without it letting go.
If you keep the original spring you can restore to factory standard issue any time with a few minutes work.
I'm not sure if they are still available but if it is legal for you to work on your own rifle and you have basic handyman skills I highly recommend if you can find one.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by rookie » 13 Mar 2019, 10:56 am

Thanks Diamond Jim .. I checked Youtube and found a lot of info on spring changes and a few different ways to approach creep / sear changes.

I also saw that it's been discussed a few times here on EG:
- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6939
- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2029
- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7660

Seems to be a common change for CZ 452/455 - wonder why they don't make changes at the factory :unknown:

Anyway, as I'm new to it, I figure I gotta learn to contend with a heavy trigger .. I gotta work on it but I know she's very capable ..

IMG_2147_small-cleaned.jpg
SK Rifle Match
IMG_2147_small-cleaned.jpg (338.07 KiB) Viewed 8618 times

Just not sure if I do the trigger job whether it would easily prevent the first group from happening too often .. it's a fun challenge trying to get good results .. and I kinda like the idea that others (who have forgotten what it's like to shoot a factory trigger) might not be able to shoot her as well as I want to be able to :lol:

Cheers,
Mick
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Flyer » 15 Mar 2019, 3:00 am

For ejection issues, read this: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/s ... p?t=567160

Bottom line, you may need to sharpen one of your extractor claws, like I needed to do on my old 452. Invariably, it's the one on the right, as in the photo below.

Most 452s I've owned or used weren't particularly ammo fussy. Like others, SK Match was the most accurate. But I used 40gr Winchester Power Points for years, and they shot really well.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Flyer » 15 Mar 2019, 3:09 am

Yeah, I almost forgot. Yo-Dave or Lowey Products trigger kit is the go. Same kits, really. You won't know what it's like to have a nice trigger on your 452 until you shim the creep out of it and lighten the trigger spring a little.

I have a 453 Varmint in 17hmr with the set trigger, and that rifle shoots lights out. They're beautiful little rifles.

On the subject of parallax, I beg to differ. Any scope with parallax adjustment can be "set and forget" - you don't need to fiddle with it out in the field.

If you have it, you can use it. Or not

If you don't have it, you can't use it. And it's not much fun sitting behind a blurry scope shooting a rimfire at 25m. At least in my experience.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Gun nut. » 15 Mar 2019, 5:00 am

Going to my LGS today to get a leupold freedom rimfire 3x9x40 scope today.
Will also get a few varieties of SK .22 ammo to see what all the fuss is about!
Never used it before. Range report soon.
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cooper » 15 Mar 2019, 6:48 pm

Gun nut. wrote:Going to my LGS today to get a leupold freedom rimfire 3x9x40 scope today.
Will also get a few varieties of SK .22 ammo to see what all the fuss is about!
Never used it before. Range report soon.

Looking forward to the range report. I have the same scope on my CZ452. Originally I just had a fixed 4 power on it. So the Leupold VX freedom is a fair upgrade. I haven't tested the rimfire MOA drop reticle yet.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by rookie » 16 Mar 2019, 8:23 am

Appreciate that great info flyer! That close up really shows how the mechanics of the ejectors work, many thanks.

The ejectors on my cz 452 look crisp so the jams must have been the nut behind the trigger :lol:

.. I think I was being a little reserved with the rifle early on and am now finding a confident cycle of the bolt is the best way to avoid the issue.

Good luck with yours GN. I got the tri-MOA reticle in the Leupold but am sure with the clarity they’ll all do the job :thumbsup:

Hope the SK Rifle Match works well - they’re a greasy round (as are the RWS Rifle Match) so not sure if that’s something to look for in rounds that the CZ will shoot well.

One of the range officers said European rifles like European rounds (SK and RWS both originally from Germany?). Not sure if there’s any truth in that as CCI Standard (American) also shot well and I assume different types of ammo from the same manufacturer will shoot differently anyway.

I’m curious to try some ELEY (British?) and maybe Tikka/Sako (Finnish) soon :thumbsup:
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gun nut. » 16 Mar 2019, 10:12 am

Diamond Jim wrote:Regarding trigger, a popular trigger kit when I bought my CZ452 varmint was something called the "Yo-Dave" kit - I think from a fellow in Canada. It was about $18 for 4 springs and 4 tubular shims. I bought it online and within a hour or so trying different combinations I had a trigger pull of a little over 1kg and zero creep. The latter is important because people who try my rifle always comment that it is a "hair trigger" - it isn't. They are just not used to having no gritty, long take-up. I can lift a 1.25L bottle full of water without the trigger releasing and I can pound the butt with a rubber mallet without it letting go.
If you keep the original spring you can restore to factory standard issue any time with a few minutes work.
I'm not sure if they are still available but if it is legal for you to work on your own rifle and you have basic handyman skills I highly recommend if you can find one.

Thanks jim, these trigger kits are still available cause I just bought one. Might get one for my Brno no.2 as well.
A light well tuned trigger certainly plays a part of accurate target shooting. I also like the set trigger on my CZ527 .223 too.
Cheers GN.

[url=https://postimages.org/]Image[/ur
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 16 Mar 2019, 12:34 pm

rookie wrote:Appreciate that great info flyer! That close up really shows how the mechanics of the ejectors work, many thanks.

The ejectors on my cz 452 look crisp so the jams must have been the nut behind the trigger :lol:

.. I think I was being a little reserved with the rifle early on and am now finding a confident cycle of the bolt is the best way to avoid the issue.

Good luck with yours GN. I got the tri-MOA reticle in the Leupold but am sure with the clarity they’ll all do the job :thumbsup:

Hope the SK Rifle Match works well - they’re a greasy round (as are the RWS Rifle Match) so not sure if that’s something to look for in rounds that the CZ will shoot well.

One of the range officers said European rifles like European rounds (SK and RWS both originally from Germany?). Not sure if there’s any truth in that as CCI Standard (American) also shot well and I assume different types of ammo from the same manufacturer will shoot differently anyway.

I’m curious to try some ELEY (British?) and maybe Tikka/Sako (Finnish) soon :thumbsup:

No worries. One thing that is not fully explained in that thread is that on either side of the chamber, where the claws push in to extract the spent case, is an angle. The claws MUST match that same angle where they mate up, otherwise the metal on either side of the chamber will hold the claws off the case rim, which won't be able to get good purchase.

^ This will make sense if you look closely at the angled metal behind the chamber - you should be able to see a wear mark where the claw has been in contact with it, and that wear mark should be fairly even. On my old 452, the angles were wrong, and so I had to remove a small amount of metal on the extractor claw with some 600 grit so that the claw angle matched the chamber metal. This provided a snug fit which allowed the extractor claws to travel further inside and get right behind the case rim. I never had any extraction issues after that, no matter what sort of ammo I used. It is a common problem with CZs.

Eley ammo usually shoots well in CZs, but SK shot just that little bit more consistently for me.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by rookie » 17 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm

Thanks Flyer, I went to the range again today and again experienced extraction issues with CCI Standard. The range officer said exactly the same as you and we were shining light down the chamber to see if there was debris stopping the claws from getting in far enough. Talked about getting a bore snake as an option when the rifle starts doing things like this, etc.

The guy next to me, who was a bench shooter, also said CCI was a particularly dirty round. That it could be the different lubricants used by the different rounds compounding each other. Hence the bore snake and cleaning before trying new ammo (with the understanding that you might have to shoot 20-40 rounds before they start shooting consistent with the new ammo after cleaning). Maybe that the different rounds used have different rim tolerances or could also be their “head space”, etc.

At the end of the day, the new ammo I tried today: Federal Champion seemed more consistent than the CCI Standard and ELEY Sport was awesome. I’m going to have to try a couple others of ELEY but glad the cheapest (sport) went well. RWS Rifle Match also didn’t have extraction issues.

I’ve got about 150 of the CCI Standard left and I won’t get any more of these and I’ll see if it avoids extraction issues in future.
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Mar 2019, 1:27 pm

I thought eley standard in 500 box was the cheapest. Well it actually shoots quite well in.my cz.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 18 Mar 2019, 3:07 pm

rookie wrote:Thanks Flyer, I went to the range again today and again experienced extraction issues with CCI Standard. The range officer said exactly the same as you and we were shining light down the chamber to see if there was debris stopping the claws from getting in far enough. Talked about getting a bore snake as an option when the rifle starts doing things like this, etc.

The guy next to me, who was a bench shooter, also said CCI was a particularly dirty round. That it could be the different lubricants used by the different rounds compounding each other. Hence the bore snake and cleaning before trying new ammo (with the understanding that you might have to shoot 20-40 rounds before they start shooting consistent with the new ammo after cleaning). Maybe that the different rounds used have different rim tolerances or could also be their “head space”, etc.

At the end of the day, the new ammo I tried today: Federal Champion seemed more consistent than the CCI Standard and ELEY Sport was awesome. I’m going to have to try a couple others of ELEY but glad the cheapest (sport) went well. RWS Rifle Match also didn’t have extraction issues.

I’ve got about 150 of the CCI Standard left and I won’t get any more of these and I’ll see if it avoids extraction issues in future.

You may find that some US ammo has a slightly thicker rim than the Euro and Aussie .22 ammo. But once you know the problem, it's an easy fix.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by rookie » 19 Mar 2019, 8:43 am

Ziad wrote:I thought eley standard in 500 box was the cheapest. Well it actually shoots quite well in.my cz.

Thanks Ziad, I didn’t realise there was a cheaper option. I was just getting the ammo from the range counter (it was a Sunday) in boxes of 50 rounds. The “sport” was the cheapest ELEY they had, followed closely by “club”.

Interestingly the range prices weren’t (I think) making a lot of margin at $10.50 for the ELEY Sport whilst a 500 round brick of the same at the nearby LGS is listed at $110. Just that a guy where I work said he avoids buying ammo at the range he goes to .. I don’t feel the need to.

Flyer wrote:You may find that some US ammo has a slightly thicker rim than the Euro and Aussie .22 ammo.

Thanks Flyer. I was forming this suspicion as I was oicking them out :thumbsup:

Going to move on to some hollow points next. Any suggestions?

Highland High Impact RX seems readily available? I was also looking at the Winchester Power-Point 1320fps 42gr HP?

Should I stay away from the Winchester copper plated?

Cheers,
Mick
rookie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Flyer » 19 Mar 2019, 4:34 pm

I love the Winchester 40gr Power Points - and so did my 452. It shot better than the 42gr PP. I set a metallic silhouette club record with 40gr PP and a 452, so I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Just remember to put a few rounds through it first before you try grouping it. Most 22s won't shoot new ammo until you've put half a box or so through them. The PPs have a waxy coating compared to SK, which is very oily, or Eley, which is a bit drier. You need to coat the bore to get consistency. Don't give up on a box of ammo until you have shot the lot and seen what it will do.

The other hollow point I recommend is Eley high velocity hollow point (brown box). It can be a little bit more expensive than Winchester, but is very accurate.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Flyer » 19 Mar 2019, 4:37 pm

CCI Velocitor should get a mention, too, as it can be very accurate in the right rifle. My mate has a Brno and it really likes Velocitors. The only downside is it is expensive and can be hard to find.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Gun nut. » 23 Mar 2019, 10:00 am

Finally got some range time in yesterday with my 452 varmint. Conditions were near perfect with a sunny afternoon with almost no wind. I'm still waiting on SK rifle match ammo to come in at my gun shop so my ammo used was CCI mini mags , CCI standard, WIN power points and federal champion , all were 40 grns. Pics are the 3 best groups for the session out of 10 5 shots groups. These groups were great but group consistantly just wasn't happening. Worst groups were around 1 inch. CCI standard was not good. The trigger was the biggest let down. Very heavy with so much creep . I won't even bother shooting this rifle again until I get the yo-Dave trigger kit I have on order and some match grade ammo. But overall I'm happy with this CZ so far.
Pic 1 - CCI mini mags
Pic 2 - WIN PowerPoints
Pic 3 - Federal

url=https://postimages.org/]Image[/url]

CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22