Safe Inspection.... DONE.!!

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Safe Inspection.... DONE.!!

Post by CrackThump » 15 Mar 2019, 7:17 pm

Now COME ON 28 day pta wating period... still 7 days to go... I'VE GOT BUNNIES TO BUST DAMMIT

the process is finally coming to fruition, thank fkn god. Lol
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Safe Inspection.... DONE.!!

Post by Chappo » 15 Mar 2019, 7:41 pm

Patience grasshopper....
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Kel » 15 Mar 2019, 7:44 pm

Is it normal for the safe inspection to be done as part of the first PTA 28 day cooling off period ?
Kel
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by CrackThump » 15 Mar 2019, 8:11 pm

Kel wrote:Is it normal for the safe inspection to be done as part of the first PTA 28 day cooling off period ?

If I understand what youre asking, then yes.. I have just been granted a firearms license 3 weeks ago, and put in my PTA the same day, theres a 28 day waiting period on PTAs in Tasmania and during that time the police will do an inspection of your storage prior to approving your PTA..

For any future PTA's you'll still have to wait 28 days (in tasmania) but inspection of your safe wont be necessary (did I get that right TassieTiger).?
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by CrackThump » 15 Mar 2019, 8:12 pm

Chappo wrote:Patience grasshopper....

I know... I know... but, yaknow..?? . Right.?
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Mar 2019, 9:49 pm

CrackThump wrote:
Chappo wrote:Patience grasshopper....

I know... I know... but, yaknow..?? . Right.?

Rome was not built in one day,,,,,,,,,,,,
And who knows how long it's gonna take for the good Lord to finish doing Tasmania and the Taswegian populace ????

It's an on going problem isn't it Lord ?????????? :unknown:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by ClaytonT88 » 18 Mar 2019, 7:35 pm

Better pull the finger out and bolt mine in then. PTA's been in for about 2 weeks so far.
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 18 Mar 2019, 10:28 pm

CrackThump wrote:
Kel wrote:Is it normal for the safe inspection to be done as part of the first PTA 28 day cooling off period ?

If I understand what youre asking, then yes.. I have just been granted a firearms license 3 weeks ago, and put in my PTA the same day, theres a 28 day waiting period on PTAs in Tasmania and during that time the police will do an inspection of your storage prior to approving your PTA..

For any future PTA's you'll still have to wait 28 days (in tasmania) but inspection of your safe wont be necessary (did I get that right TassieTiger).?

Correct.
Contrary to what I read on here about other fire arm departments, ours in Tassie is very helpful and quite efficient.
Only my first pta took 28 days. All others have been 1-2 weeks.
When I had my dud steyr, they swapped over the sauer for me on same permit - they didn’t have to do that...and similarly, when I had a bingle with my marlin 06 I called them up for advice and they were insanely helpful.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Mar 2019, 11:05 pm

Thats good to hear TassieTiger just shows there are still some good people out there to help i've been in business and had to take a lot of crap from the public at times and i'm sure the gun licencing branchs would have to its of no wonder some of them get a little stroppy at times but good to hear there's still one good one left
Member-Deleted

Post by CrackThump » 19 Mar 2019, 6:36 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
CrackThump wrote:

Correct.
Contrary to what I read on here about other fire arm departments, ours in Tassie is very helpful and quite efficient.
Only my first pta took 28 days. All others have been 1-2 weeks.
When I had my dud steyr, they swapped over the sauer for me on same permit - they didn’t have to do that...and similarly, when I had a bingle with my marlin 06 I called them up for advice and they were insanely helpful.

Thats actually very heartening to hear Tassie that subsequent ptas may come in quicker.

And I have to agree.. every time I ring firearms with yet another annoying newbie question, the young lady on the phone has been unfailingly helpful, we've even managed to share a laugh or two on occasion.. I think approaching them with the right frame of mind always helps, they must deal with some real numpties on the phone every day haha
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation