Nebo knives 10% off for members

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Nebo knives 10% off for members

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 9:20 pm

Nebo knives https://www.neboknives.com.au is an online Aussie store based in NSW. I found them while I was looking for a bradford guardian 3 knife - they are one of the few stores that have them, or can get them. I inquired about the knife and also asked if they'd be interested in offering members here a discount. Craig of nebo knives has set up a 10% discount using the code BCOZ10. He was quick to answer my emails and seems like a good person to deal with. They also have a good looking neck knife (well, to me it looks good :) ) https://www.neboknives.com.au/?product_cat=&s=qsp+neckmuk&post_type=product. An interesting thing about the site is that you can also search for knives based on blade steel https://www.neboknives.com.au/products/steel-type/. And free shipping :)
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Nebo knives 10% off for members

Post by Stix » 16 Apr 2019, 9:39 pm

Good stuff Urastus...
(Im not sure how the free advertising sits with the management of EG...) but all the same i think its good you look out for others that may be interested in knives at the moment.... :thumbsup:

Ill have a look later.
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ClaytonT88 » 16 Apr 2019, 10:06 pm

Nice one, I'm looking around for something to carry and skin a few rabbits. I've had my eye on on R+N Blades as he's a mate of a mate but it appears he is busy and backlogged which is a good problem to have for him.
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 10:15 pm

Stix wrote:Good stuff Urastus...
(Im not sure how the free advertising sits with the management of EG...) but all the same i think its good you look out for others that may be interested in knives at the moment.... :thumbsup:

Ill have a look later.

Yes, thanks, and I agree. The reason I posted is because there may be others like me who are looking :) And the business has a nice feel. And ClaytonT88, I've done business recently with JPT-Australia too. No free shipping, but a straight forward helpful bloke; worth a look if nebo doesn't have what you're after.
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 16 Apr 2019, 10:48 pm

Urastus wrote:
Stix wrote:Good stuff Urastus...

Ill have a look later.

Yes, thanks, and I agree. The reason I posted is because there may be others like me who are looking :) And the business has a nice feel. And ClaytonT88, I've done business recently with JPT-Australia too. No free shipping, but a straight forward helpful bloke; worth a look if nebo doesn't have what you're after.

Im still in the market for cheap knife sharpener...got the edge pro knock-off but stones are fukn rubbish...id like the sharpener marksman recommended but cant afford it.

Let me know if you see any good value stones or other options for sharpening... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 11:28 pm

Sorry; I'm set up there. That was a bit of a learning issue too. My favorite is the spyderco sharpmaker. But if you have to reprofile anything with reasonable steel, any of the hand sharpeners take forever. Most new knives come with some strange angles :lol: I bought a worksharp knife and tool sharpener - just for those jobs. In between I use a leather strop on a board with some green wax - cheap off ebay. I like that, and it's another skill in itself. Not hard to learn though. Good luck with whatever you choose. If you have a few knives though, and are passionate, I'd try to go with something that is proven and not a knock off. If you like knives, then you really like them sharp :)
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2019, 5:19 am

ClaytonT88 wrote:Nice one, I'm looking around for something to carry and skin a few rabbits. I've had my eye on on R+N Blades as he's a mate of a mate but it appears he is busy and backlogged which is a good problem to have for him.

You can pretty much tear the skin off a rabbit and peel em like a banana in a way, only thing you'll need a knife for is lopping off the feet and head (gardening secateurs are good for that job, squeeze the guts out their arse and you won't have any fly issues then either :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by ClaytonT88 » 17 Apr 2019, 11:53 am

Cheers bigfella. I'll keep that in mind. I watched the Ozzie reviews how to skin a rabbit and he made it look pretty straight forward.
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2019, 1:00 pm

ClaytonT88 wrote:Cheers bigfella. I'll keep that in mind. I watched the Ozzie reviews how to skin a rabbit and he made it look pretty straight forward.

Your welcome mate :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation