After market recoil pad for miroku mk70 -which one?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

After market recoil pad for miroku mk70 -which one?

Post by mickyj » 19 May 2019, 7:03 am

I recently bought a Miroku mk70. New to shottys. Went to clay target yesterday and shot 50 rounds. Arm hurts a bit. My gun has a hard rather thin plastic butt. Deffunately need something better. What is good? The model gun I have is mk70 game 12 gauge. Thank you.
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: After market recoil pad for miroku mk70 -which one?

Post by Bent Arrow » 19 May 2019, 8:46 am

In my limited experience I found the limbsaver recoil pads to be excellent. I have a classic fit (made to just screw straight on) on my main hunting rifle, and a slip on pad on my sons MK70. They don't make a pre-fitted one for the Miroku's, so you'd have to buy a grind to find one, but they do make pads specifically for trap/skeet.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 19 May 2019, 9:58 am

Not to long ago I got a Limbsaver put on my Franchi. Gunsmith cut the stock down to amount needed, shaped the recoil pad and fitted it to the stock. You'd never know its not original, he did a great job. Cost $130 I think
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dando223 » 19 May 2019, 1:53 pm

I've been using Decelerator pads on most of my shotguns for years now, they are really good. I think they are made by Pacmayr? A bit exxy but really good pads. Like the poster above has said, its a good idea to get a gunsmith to fit it for you as a sore shoulder might mean the gun may be a bit too long or short for you, so may need a bit of timber shaved off or a few spacers thrown in. Well worth doing though.
dando223
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by marksman » 19 May 2019, 6:55 pm

man up what are you on about you pussy :lol: :sarcasm:

I like the decelerator pads myself, not that I'm a sook or anything :lol: :drinks:
I'm not sure but I think you can buy them that will fit perfectly :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by av1 » 19 May 2019, 7:50 pm

If the Miroku is new then it should be fitted with the much thicker recoil pad compared with the older models. My 2016 model is a delight to use. Does the Firearm fit you correctly? Perhaps you should contact the importer or Miroku directly and inquire about the thicker recoil pad that is fitted to later models, again ensuring correct firearm fitment.
Regards Robert.
av1
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by mickyj » 19 May 2019, 11:00 pm

av1 wrote:If the Miroku is new then it should be fitted with the much thicker recoil pad compared with the older models. My 2016 model is a delight to use. Does the Firearm fit you correctly? Perhaps you should contact the importer or Miroku directly and inquire about the thicker recoil pad that is fitted to later models, again ensuring correct firearm fitment.
Regards Robert.

I checked the gun and it’s a 2018 model. Are u sure that this model comes with the recoil pad?
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 19 May 2019, 11:00 pm

Are you shouldering correctly? Are you shooting lighter clay loads? 50 rounds is not even half a mornings comp, so you might want to have some check your form.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by mickyj » 19 May 2019, 11:02 pm

marksman wrote:man up what are you on about you pussy :lol: :sarcasm:

I like the decelerator pads myself, not that I'm a sook or anything :lol: :drinks:
I'm not sure but I think you can buy them that will fit perfectly :thumbsup:

Nah. I admit I’m a pussy. The gun kicked the crap out of me. I think the length of pull is too long for me too. 14.5 inches it is currently.
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mickyj » 19 May 2019, 11:05 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Are you shouldering correctly? Are you shooting lighter clay loads? 50 rounds is not even half a mornings comp, so you might want to have some check your form.

Yeah I think it’s too long and I wasn’t shouldering it properly. First time shooting it.
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mickyj » 19 May 2019, 11:14 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:Not to long ago I got a Limbsaver put on my Franchi. Gunsmith cut the stock down to amount needed, shaped the recoil pad and fitted it to the stock. You'd never know its not original, he did a great job. Cost $130 I think

Cool thanks mate where is he based? Will look into this.
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 20 May 2019, 5:16 am

mickyj wrote:
Kelsey Cooter wrote:Not to long ago I got a Limbsaver put on my Franchi. Gunsmith cut the stock down to amount needed, shaped the recoil pad and fitted it to the stock. You'd never know its not original, he did a great job. Cost $130 I think

Cool thanks mate where is he based? Will look into this.

Cooky at Halls firearms in Townsville did mine.

A mate of mine has the same Miroku with plastic butt and it bruises everyone who uses it. Must be something about being U/O that makes it kick so hard, I have a coach SxS, and full length SxS and a SKB semiauto all with plastic butts, and none of them kick like his U/O.
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 20 May 2019, 8:28 am

The MK70 is a pretty light gun too, it's intended as a field gun, not a clay target buster. My sons MK70 had a plastic butt pad, and is much lighter than my MK10.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by av1 » 20 May 2019, 9:13 pm

Hi
Reading the specification on the Australian Miroku website your game gun does have a thin plastic butt plate. The sporter that I have has a flat sporter rubber butt plate hence the severe recoil, most game guns would not fire 50 rounds in quick succession and therefore a game gun may not be the best choice for continuous target shooting.

Adding a thicker butt plate will affect your length of pull. Perhaps it may not be too late to change your gun for a sporter and may even be more economical that stuffing around with your existing gun.

I hope you can get your gun sorted as clay target shooting is great fun and should not be spoilt by a painful to use gun
Regards Robert.
av1
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by mickyj » 20 May 2019, 9:45 pm

av1 wrote:Hi
Reading the specification on the Australian Miroku website your game gun does have a thin plastic butt plate. The sporter that I have has a flat sporter rubber butt plate hence the severe recoil, most game guns would not fire 50 rounds in quick succession and therefore a game gun may not be the best choice for continuous target shooting.

Adding a thicker butt plate will affect your length of pull. Perhaps it may not be too late to change your gun for a sporter and may even be more economical that stuffing around with your existing gun.

I hope you can get your gun sorted as clay target shooting is great fun and should not be spoilt by a painful to use gun
Regards Robert.

Thanks Robert good advice. I am thinking of going to gunsmith installing recoil pad and slicing off some length after he measures it up with the recoil pad I select. All that I’m still “ahead” as I got the gun at a very good price but returning is not really an option.
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.