ABC - Time for a change?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: ABC - Time for a change?

Post by MJW380 » 21 May 2019, 8:09 pm

The difference is the ABC is funded by us, the taxpayer, which should ensure impartiality. If you don’t like what a newspaper/tv programs slant on things, don’t buy/watch it. You only have to have a look at what side of politics think the ABC is fair to work out which way they lean.....
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 May 2019, 9:11 pm

I think...its my opinion only.

But there are more lefty or center people who are quite happy with the ABC on the whole as they don't seem to care about their money being wasted
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 22 May 2019, 12:06 pm

For as long as I can remember ABC has always been very left and biased in that direction so clearly it's not a great return on investment for taxpayers. Sure ABC cranks out decent programs on occasion but worth taxpayers funding?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 May 2019, 5:53 pm

Its not only the ABC I think ziad if we started to worry about our money being wasted we'd have to sack all the government we'd save millions :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 May 2019, 4:33 pm

Actually I was thinking a little but more....ABC actually has many very good programs. The Kids channels, the after hours comedy channel and stuff that normally you won't see on commercial stations like many BBC shows. Even Australian comedies like The Pizza.

I think we been hating stuff too much lately... time to be happy and enjoy what we have before we loose it
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 23 May 2019, 6:38 pm

Ziad wrote:Actually I was thinking a little but more....ABC actually has many very good programs. The Kids channels, the after hours comedy channel and stuff that normally you won't see on commercial stations like many BBC shows. Even Australian comedies like The Pizza.

I think we been hating stuff too much lately... time to be happy and enjoy what we have before we loose it

yeah, that's a good point ziad :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by doc » 24 May 2019, 2:12 pm

Ziad wrote:Actually I was thinking a little but more....ABC actually has many very good programs. The Kids channels, the after hours comedy channel and stuff that normally you won't see on commercial stations like many BBC shows. Even Australian comedies like The Pizza.

I can't agree with that sentiment. Sure - there's some good things on the ABC, but by law it is required "to ensure that the gathering and presentation by the Corporation of news and information is accurate and impartial according to the recognized standards of objective journalism;"

You're effectively advocating turning a blind eye to the law and not holding people accountable simply because some good is also done.

As for bias - you can be bias but still fair and allow someone who disagrees with you the opportunity to explain themselves in full instead of putting words in their mouth. It's a matter of respecting other people's rights to have a voice and a fair go - even if you disagree with them on the subject.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Oldbloke » 24 May 2019, 3:46 pm

Ha ha ha. All the commercial media did nothing but knife the ALP up to the election. VERY bias. Sure not against the law but NOT ethical. And counter to there code of practice Im sure.

All my life its been the same. Commercial media in bed with LNP. It would be interesting to see what donations they make to parties.

Of course now the LNP is in power more taxes for the workers and no tax for big business. No wonder they are in bed together.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 May 2019, 5:15 pm

More taxes... mate from my calculations labour were going after old retirees with a 50 billion cash grab.... aka tax. For the working people the tax breaks are very similar.

Ohh and labor were going to put 6k small businesses that employ 30k people out of work. And do bring about three bug fat cat bankers
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 24 May 2019, 7:32 pm

Ziad wrote:More taxes... mate from my calculations labour were going after old retirees with a 50 billion cash grab.... aka tax. For the working people the tax breaks are very similar.

Ohh and labor were going to put 6k small businesses that employ 30k people out of work. And do bring about three bug fat cat bankers

I think you mean they were going to stop giving them gifts. And in any case it was to be grandfathered.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 May 2019, 8:35 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Ha ha ha. All the commercial media did nothing but knife the ALP up to the election. VERY bias. Sure not against the law but NOT ethical. And counter to there code of practice Im sure.

All my life its been the same. Commercial media in bed with LNP. It would be interesting to see what donations they make to parties.

Of course now the LNP is in power more taxes for the workers and no tax for big business. No wonder they are in bed together.

Hmmm...
Its interesting how we all perceive things differently...
I dont watch much commercial tv unless its silly comedy that gives a bit of an escape through having a laugh at ourselves...but the bits-n-pieces of commercial tv i did see during the election campain were definately not knifing the ALP, infact all i heard was how it was going to be a whitewash, & along with that was always an ALP weighted argument towards the country "needing change" from LNP governence.

So i certainly veiwed the election campain differently.

Im sure its like buying a car...before i was considering buying my current car, i could have sworn they werent very popular as i hardly ever noticed them on the road...
Then the 2 models i was choosing between were all i saw stopped at traffic lights.

And while the media are very influential in our society, i dont think they are to blame for the election result...

The reality is, the ALP, who were instrumental in setting our current baby boomers up for a very comfortable retirement, decided to tie a noose around their own necks & convince themselves that taxing these baby boomers--who by the wsy have already payed tax on their wealth--will go unnoticed...as would taking away a good dollup of realestate investors' income, whom happen to be the children of the baby boomers... :crazy:

In my opinion ttuely stupifying things to do, & things that demonstrate how the core values of the ALP from the 50's/60's through to tge 80's have been completely lost in the race for ones need for power.

I used to be an ALP voter, & the reason im not is because they are no longer, as my beloved Scotch grandparents used to say, "lòok after the working man"...

If i were an ALP supporter, id blame the ALP themselves...for the betrayal.
I honestly believe they have fukd their very own people/constituants over...as ive said before, Shorten was doing it with Rudd-Gillard-Rudd, & look where his & Bowens arrogance has landed them.

Bet your bottom dollar the only reason Tanya backed out of the race straight away was to distance herself from the debacle--but rest assured she will rise again before the next election with leadership the only thing in her sights...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 24 May 2019, 9:13 pm

this is what farked the ALP :drinks: :thumbsup:

If i were an ALP supporter, id blame the ALP themselves...for the betrayal.
I honestly believe they have fukd their very own people/constituants over...as ive said before, Shorten was doing it with Rudd-Gillard-Rudd, & look where his & Bowens arrogance has landed them.

now Shorten is gone they just need to get out of bed with the greens :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by flutch » 24 May 2019, 9:20 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:go on...

Me sense someone voted labor and is feeling butthurt
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 24 May 2019, 9:24 pm

End of the day, anyone that relies on tv for information is a freaking moron, tv is nothing more than a mundane distraction for the mindless many, yes the abc is bias, yes so are all the others, but what's more retarded is putting faith in people who watch the garbage in the first place, couldn't think of anything more pathetic to do with your time, especially in the age of high speed internet and paid sub viewing like myoutdoortv
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch