Hunt Reports

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Hunt Reports

Post by AJB » 13 May 2019, 2:37 pm

Jesus fellas those pics look really good I only make the stock standard rabbit stew out of them Kentucky fried rabbit mmm sounds good
AJB
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 13 May 2019, 4:59 pm

Definitely looks the good fellas. Much envy.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 26 May 2019, 12:37 pm

Screenshot_20190524-205628_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190524-205628_Gallery.jpg (798.04 KiB) Viewed 7127 times

Been trying to rack up some brownie points with my offsider since kinda standing her up earlier this week...all shot with my 17hmr and 20gn gamepoint ammo
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 26 May 2019, 9:09 pm

Good stuff Pete...

And ill indulge you...'nice wood' :thumbsup:

Post up a pic of them at consumption... :clap:

I just put the only one i shot last weekend in buttermilk to try tomorrow night...
It'll be in the slow cooker in the morning...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 27 May 2019, 2:06 am

These are for someone else to help her out
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 27 May 2019, 7:45 am

very nice wood :drinks:
good to see the rabbits not going to waste :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by CrackThump » 10 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

1 bullet, 2 hours of elbow grease and a little over 4 kilos of wallaby meat ageing in my fridge, plus dogbones. ( including the haunch I donated to Her Ladyship Landowner for making jerky )

yeah.. I can see this hunting thing being a lot of fun lol.

my condolences to the family of the big grey bennets that had to sacrifice himself for my table. ..

Cest La Vie.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190610-125057_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-125057_Gallery.jpg (414.67 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
Screenshot_20190610-125001_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-125001_Gallery.jpg (384.77 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by flutch » 10 Jun 2019, 7:16 pm

Poxy bloody government and cocky's keep re releasing calici virus here, not a rabbit worth eating in any direction, in 2012 to 2014 however there were hundreds, wish the rabbits would get an immunity to the damned bug, never realize how much ya miss the little pesky buggers till they're all gone
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 10 Jun 2019, 7:19 pm

CrackThump wrote:1 bullet, 2 hours of elbow grease and a little over 4 kilos of wallaby meat ageing in my fridge, plus dogbones. ( including the haunch I donated to Her Ladyship Landowner for making jerky )

my condolences to the family of the big grey bennets that had to sacrifice himself for my table. ..

Cest La Vie.

Um you bothered with the meat off the ribs/arms? Now that's dedication, where I live there are only brushtail wallabys and if I saw someone shoot one I would shoot them.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by CrackThump » 10 Jun 2019, 7:47 pm

flutch wrote:
CrackThump wrote:1 bullet, 2 hours of elbow grease and a little over 4 kilos of wallaby meat ageing in my fridge, plus dogbones. ( including the haunch I donated to Her Ladyship Landowner for making jerky )

Cest La Vie.

Um you bothered with the meat off the ribs/arms? Now that's dedication, where I live there are only brushtail wallabys and if I saw someone shoot one I would shoot them.

it was my first crack at chopping one up. so I kinda wanted to see how it all fit together. I probably did go a bit overboard lol

I dont know about brushtail, but down here Bennets and Rufus are a plague.. and apparenty make damn good jerky.
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by GQshayne » 10 Jun 2019, 8:24 pm

bigpete wrote:
Screenshot_20190524-205628_Gallery.jpg

Been trying to rack up some brownie points with my offsider since kinda standing her up earlier this week...all shot with my 17hmr and 20gn gamepoint ammo

I agree, that is a nice piece of timber in your stock. I can't help it - I like timber stocks. What rifle is it? Factory stock?
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 10 Jun 2019, 9:35 pm

It's a cz 452 American varmint with a factory stock.

Btw. Just been away for 3 days with my friend. Between us I'd say we shot a bit over 30 rabbits,most on the first night. And,I delivered a double head shot with one bullet on demand. When the little lady asks for something,I try to do my best to deliver lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 10 Jun 2019, 10:05 pm

I like it, it has nice figuring. :thumbsup:
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 10 Jun 2019, 11:53 pm

bigpete wrote:It's a cz 452 American varmint with a factory stock.

Btw. Just been away for 3 days with my friend. Between us I'd say we shot a bit over 30 rabbits,most on the first night. And,I delivered a double head shot with one bullet on demand. When the little lady asks for something,I try to do my best to deliver lol

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)
:thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Jun 2019, 1:34 am

Stand and deliver is that how it went bigpete :thumbsup: :D :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 5:37 am

Pretty much hey. I said don't get used to that,it'll never happen again lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 5:39 am

Stix wrote:

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)

Meh,don't worry me none if you don't believe it. The important person was there to witness it ;)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 Jun 2019, 10:22 am

bigpete wrote:
Stix wrote:

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)

Meh,don't worry me none if you don't believe it. The important person was there to witness it ;)

I dont doubt you pete...
Bit I wasnt talking about shooting rabbits... :)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 10:26 am

Yes,well,there's none of that going on either. I don't think the boyfriend would like that not that I give a rats about him
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 11 Jun 2019, 8:23 pm

I saw my old man shoot two pigs with one shot out of his .303 back in the early 80's. Head shots both of them. Too long ago to remember what ammo he was using. It is possible it was a FMJ military round, which he used early on before reloading.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 12 Jun 2019, 5:12 am

What got me was the fact they were at least 15 feet apart,and of course doing it on demand lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 12 Jun 2019, 1:14 pm

Most bunnies I've despatched was most of a half of a total of 265 rabbits, between me my dad and for one arvo out of 3 my mate bugsy we knocked over 265 rabbits off two warrens with our compound bows, just over 2 hours per arvo over 3 days. Was a bloodbath lol, gotta love bows, skewering bun rabs is great fun. This was in 2014
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm

Twice in my culling career I have had 2 fall over and a buddy did it once when I was driving.Both times using .222.The best roo ever was with the same bloke and we pulled up to open the property gate and a good size buck came across the Coalfields hwy flat out and hit head first on the bullbar.One for none is a good start when proculling
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by CrackThump » 18 Jun 2019, 6:04 pm

From paddock to MY BELLY

Last week this wallaby was running around a paddock, 7 days ageing in the fridge and 6 hours in the slowcooker and viola.. wallaby backstrap stew

i'd post the recipe but Im to busy stuffing my face hahaha
Attachments
20190618_180401.jpg
20190618_180401.jpg (359.98 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 19 Jun 2019, 6:25 pm

Looks like that should be comsumed in front of my combustion heater CrackThump... :thumbsup:

If youre slow cooking it, why not use other easy parts of the animal like rump etc... :unknown: :thumbsup: :clap:

Anyway, post the recipe up in one of the cooking/eating/recipe threads mate...lets keep this thread about reports of our hunting showing pics of rifles draped over claret leaking fur eh... :thumbsup:

You could post the recipe in one of these... :drinks: ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9994

A couple other bunny ones...
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7573

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=7969
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 24 Oct 2019, 8:46 pm

Im supposed to be shooting tomorrow night...was gonna snipe some bunnys at dusk then move on to some little red Knyien critters...BUT...!!!...of course its blowin up a bloody storm the only night i get to go ffs...!!...havnt had winds like this since the last time the bureau said wouldnt be windy...!!!

AAArrrrgggghhhh!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :evil: :evil:

Even if something is stupid enough to be out ill have to get close with the 20-25 MPH winds forecast...& there is no doubt because ive dedicated the evening to some shooting, this is one of the forecasts the bureau will get right... :thumbsdown:

Havent shot a fox for over 2 months...Im goin bonkers & now its the windiest night weve had for a billion-teen bloody years...Sometimes i swear im on the equivelant of the Truman show...called the "lets mess with fox killer Stix show"...bloody hell.... :violin:

And where's that recepi Cracko-Thumpo...??
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 22 Dec 2019, 11:00 pm

I don't do hunt reports but i do hunt movies.

https://youtu.be/BmYnSSNieao
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 Dec 2019, 11:01 pm

Faster than a lever.

https://youtu.be/xEY_aSqVrCY
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Am88 » 04 Jan 2020, 10:24 am

Got this unlucky uneducated tom this morning at about 5ish. Wasn't even looking for a cat but he turned up in a place he should not have been. Did not have scales but he was a heavy bugger for his relatively small size.
Attachments
IMG_20200104_102025.jpg
IMG_20200104_102025.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 6669 times
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Jan 2020, 10:38 am

Yeah Am88 probably all the copper and lead in him :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:
Member-Deleted

PreviousNext