Kiwi shooters are saying no to gun bans

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Kiwi shooters are saying no to gun bans

Post by marksman » 15 Jun 2019, 2:07 pm

the kiwi's look like they are showing the government that they are not happy to hand in there firearms :thumbsup: :drinks:
good on them :drinks: and only 530 guns have been turned in to the authorities :drinks:
it looks like they will become a nation of criminals or the laws will not get changed just like there attempt at gu registration :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm? ... d=12235230
www.libertynation.com/kiwis-just-say-no-to-gun-ban/
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Kiwi shooters are saying no to gun bans

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Jun 2019, 3:21 pm

What Were the legislature changes?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Jun 2019, 3:31 pm

Power to the people!

Stand strong Cuzzy Bros, we folded instantly in AU and can't have the fun toys all because of the actions of one person. That's called collective punishment, the most unfair form of punishment.

Every time something gets banned or restricted we loose another price of freedom.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jun 2019, 6:05 pm

Oldbloke wrote:What Were the legislature changes?

On 20 March 2019, Ardern announced that all military style semi-automatics and assault rifles would be banned. ... On 10 April, the government passed the Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Bill, banning semi-automatic firearms, magazines, and parts.

you are so right on_one_wheel
"Every time something gets banned or restricted we loose another piece of freedom."
and then its a slippery downward slide banning and restricting whatever they can from the legit guy
problem is that so far it has not done anything to stop the mass shootings and its about time someone dealt with it properly
we all want to prevent the next mass shooting tragedy but policy decisions should be based on evidence and not on emotion
draconian gun bans simply do not work :thumbsdown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Jun 2019, 6:10 pm

I think they will hang on until its time for the elections and then they'll have their say and win but Australia has less shooters per head of people making it harder for us to do similar or have done similar also the Australian gov made it lucrative and most took the plunge some people got more for their rifles than they were worth not thinking of the repercussions of doing so I hope they get a win in NZ and save their guns who knows what is in store for us in the future with gun laws as the mental capacity of the gov thinking practically deteriorates even further as time goes on
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 15 Jun 2019, 8:37 pm

I think they will hang on until its time for the elections and then they'll have their say and win but Australia has less shooters per head of people making it harder for us to do similar or have done similar also the Australian gov made it lucrative and most took the plunge some people got more for their rifles than they were worth not thinking of the repercussions of doing so I hope they get a win in NZ and save their guns who knows what is in store for us in the future with gun laws as the mental capacity of the gov thinking practically deteriorates even further as time goes on

Your on target as always GDB. Referring to the buy back, talking to a fella at the range today who bought a SLR new from Lithgow for $2500, got $6000 from the buy back and used it to buy some very nice 1970’s and 80’s made sako’s . Including a lever action fin-Wolf 243. Another guy I was talking to had a as new garrand 30-06 that he had that would be worth big bucks today. Shame about that, I’ve heard there is a fella that converts them to 35 Whelen. That would be some Sambar rifle
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 16 Jun 2019, 9:22 am

yes I have heard a few stories about guys getting more than what they thought there confiscated guns were worth in the name of “gun reform”
I have also heard about guys upset about what they were handed, myself included :thumbsdown: and nowhere to appeal the amount
calling the confiscation a buy back is really a misnomer because the government never owned those guns in the first place did they
and it was never free money was it? as we all know there was a special tax put in place to fund the confiscation of legal firearms :huh:
no good came from our confiscated guns :unknown: it appeased a few lefty's at that time till they asked for more laws to make us all safer :drinks:
it has not stopped illegal shootings from happening in Australia :wtf: it created a grey market for firearms

I really hope the Kiwi's stick to their guns :lol: and show us ozzies what a democracy really is :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Jun 2019, 9:35 am

Interesting read the herald article... I think 2019/2020 wil be sm interesting year... but there is a chance if decent money is offered and for others, jail time is offered the public will hand them in.

But the second article was written by looks like a 15 year old obviously American from their basement somewhere. Guys for your own good I would suggest not ready that crap..... it drops your IQ by 5% everytime you read it
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Jun 2019, 2:30 pm

Bit like the story of the crocodile and the fox who wanted to get to the other side of the river croc said hop on my back and i'll take you to the other side just before they got to the other side the croc ate him so all that stuff about the NZ guns may be BS but best to be aware than not so I say let them read it and let them decide for themselves
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Jun 2019, 2:52 pm

Yeah marksman the tax payer footed the bill for the buy on guns and yes it has stopped nothing except as you said a grey market on guns you would think they would have learnt by now knee jerk laws don't work as they haven't look at the US it banned alcohol back when and it developed into a market so lucrative that the mafia weighed in on it and prices sky rocketed here in Australia they've made virtual criminals of us with the gun ownership thing if you look around the world the supposedly smart, intelligent, and rich can't even give up a little power for an ounce of practical sense
Member-Deleted

Post by mickb » 16 Jun 2019, 10:35 pm

The Aus show utlisited a lot of gunowners to do the actual damage. Most people here probably too young to be part of it, but there was some terrible infighting between different hunting groups, authorities and even writers. Basically they bought off a lot of players and used them to help write other groups out of the end plan and even draft the legislation. Some prominent writers were the ones the most outspoken against semi-autos for example.

Also the anti's flew in contract protesters by the bus load using every dirty trick in the book. They had scumbags stalking politicians, making death threats, doing door to door mispresentations across suburbs, aka pretending to represent a politician but turning up looking drunk and abusive. A few hundred complaint phone-calls in a week and they buckle. It was a real multi-level show, on the street, in debates, media the works. No one was ready for that level of organisation. It was like being a barbarian tribe in England and having the Roman legions turn up.

The kiwis must have a different dynamic going there, or maybe their groups learned from what happened here, interesting.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by wanneroo » 16 Jun 2019, 11:30 pm

I think people know how it panned out in Australia. It was recent enough for that still to be in people's memories.

I expect the rate of compliance to be very low. Especially for the A category rifles, there isn't a lot of records available in some cases on sales or who has them, so I'm thinking most of those will disappear, especially in rural areas.

In the end the government went full retard. They took the most law abiding cohort of citizens, gun owners and turned them against the government and police. Pretty dumb if you ask me.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mickb » 17 Jun 2019, 1:44 am

wanneroo wrote:I think people know how it panned out in Australia. It was recent enough for that still to be in people's memories.

Those old enough to remember is what I meant, happened 23 years ago after all. :thumbsup:
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by No1_49er » 17 Jun 2019, 6:21 am

Before people jump to the conclusion that our brothers in NZ are somehow rejecting the governments decree, a couple of things come into the equation.
1) the government has not set any values on the previously lawfully owned firearms that must now be surrendered under pain of imprisonment, and
2) the cut-off date for compliance has been set as end Sept.

1) Would you surrender something on which no value has yet been set? Could turn into "surrender only".
2) A lot can happen in that time. Nobody knows how much this debacle will actually cost.
3) If the majority do not comply, how are they going to jail 20 - 30,000 "criminals?"

It will be a case of "standing strong" though.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Jun 2019, 8:36 am

And I think that's exactly what will happen there will be a huge push back from the gun owners as they have numbers so Jacinta has signed her dole form i'd say
Member-Deleted

Post by wanneroo » 17 Jun 2019, 8:47 am

No1_49er wrote:Before people jump to the conclusion that our brothers in NZ are somehow rejecting the governments decree, a couple of things come into the equation.
1) the government has not set any values on the previously lawfully owned firearms that must now be surrendered under pain of imprisonment, and
2) the cut-off date for compliance has been set as end Sept.

1) Would you surrender something on which no value has yet been set? Could turn into "surrender only".
2) A lot can happen in that time. Nobody knows how much this debacle will actually cost.
3) If the majority do not comply, how are they going to jail 20 - 30,000 "criminals?"

It will be a case of "standing strong" though.

What the government there will do and has done already with some of their raids and surveillance is they will find a few to make an example out of and hope that convinces the rest to hand em over. Everything the government has done is out of fear and panic, not rational at all. They know that NZ has less than 2000 combat arms capable troops and the police are mostly clueless firearms handlers but they know there are 250000 firearms licences and many of those people know how to use their firearms very well.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 17 Jun 2019, 4:20 pm

I have heard the nz hardware shops are making a fortune selling pvc pipe at the moment :thumbsup:

we can speculate all we want but the reason they do not have firearms rego is because the shooters would not comply with stupidity :drinks:
the nz government tried it in the 80's :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm

marksman wrote:I have heard the nz hardware shops are making a fortune selling pvc pipe at the moment :thumbsup:

we can speculate all we want but the reason they do not have firearms rego is because the shooters would not comply with stupidity :drinks:
the nz government tried it in the 80's :lol:

They've learnt their lesson form watching what happened here in Australia.

In 1996 we got great prices for a worn out SKK like $600 - $800

Now in 2019 that same worn out SKK could fetch $10,000 on the black market.

Firearms buybacks provide great opportunities for entrepreneurial criminals.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 23 Jun 2019, 11:20 am

This might throw a bit of light on the "buy back" -

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... ack-scheme

Note. Para 2 "up to 95% of the original cost". Those magic words "up to", like how long is a piece of string, "well up to..."
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Jun 2019, 3:14 pm

Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 23 Jun 2019, 8:29 pm

Ziad wrote:Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets

Admin mate...usual Govt admin costs...
And yes...that will give you an idea of how much cash is wasted in everyday runnings of countries like ours...

Imagine how much is thrown away here in NBN, NDIS, Aged Care packages & everyday runnings like motor reg etc...... :crazy:

And just to add...they will say it was sucessful, AS well as add the extra jobs created when it comes next election...but naturally they wont mention the jobs were gun related... :thumbsup:
Rather they will spin the statistics as best necessary...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Jun 2019, 1:28 pm

Yeah I seen first hand how much is wasted in public service
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 24 Jun 2019, 1:46 pm

Ziad wrote:Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets

Ziad you can't count :lol:

What you are thinking of is the E category semi autos, but many, many A category firearms are now illegal too and that is the bulk of the firearms now banned. It's estimated there could be around 300,000 banned guns out there.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 24 Jun 2019, 3:00 pm

wanneroo wrote:

Ziad you can't count :lol:

What you are thinking of is the E category semi autos, but many, many A category firearms are now illegal too and that is the bulk of the firearms now banned. It's estimated there could be around 300,000 banned guns out there.

plus the accessories :drinks:

cheaper to buy some pvc pipe and a shovel :sarcasm: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

Screenshot_20190624-151237_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190624-151237_YouTube.jpg (255.36 KiB) Viewed 4988 times

:lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mickyj » 24 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

Ziad wrote:Interesting read the herald article... I think 2019/2020 wil be sm interesting year... but there is a chance if decent money is offered and for others, jail time is offered the public will hand them in.

But the second article was written by looks like a 15 year old obviously American from their basement somewhere. Guys for your own good I would suggest not ready that crap..... it drops your IQ by 5% everytime you read it

Ziad, I think that’s a bit harsh. What exactly about the second article particularly stupid?.. seemed perfectly reasonable to me though was speculative in parts. But that’s fine..Cheers..
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Jun 2019, 8:33 pm

Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Micky the whole article. My kids watch this bunch of YouTube videos from two brothers and they talk in a really excited high pitched voice. Everything is its oh my God...ahhh haaa.... etc. Etc. Etc...... I imagine this article to be really excited high pitched voice reading
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 24 Jun 2019, 9:57 pm

Ziad wrote:Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Micky the whole article. My kids watch this bunch of YouTube videos from two brothers and they talk in a really excited high pitched voice. Everything is its oh my God...ahhh haaa.... etc. Etc. Etc...... I imagine this article to be really excited high pitched voice reading

so its the way it is written that you dont like :unknown:
the content is ok then :thumbsup:
:drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Jun 2019, 11:38 am

Marksman I read about half of it so cannot answer your question about the content. I do wonder how mitch is hearsay.. just like we city people have NFI of the drought or the issues faced by farmers in Australia... I am unsure how much this person actually knows about the poon the ground situation
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 25 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

Ziad wrote:Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Also keep in mind this just isn't about semi autos but plenty of shotguns and lever guns are now illegal too.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics