new look for little river

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: new look for little river

Post by deye243 » 10 Jun 2019, 12:25 am

Sounds like the old fudy dudy crap is still alive and well with these clowns ......
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 10 Jun 2019, 8:01 am

I was there yesterday and nothing looks to have started. Range 2 is a better setup anyway, so I don't mind using it.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 25 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

Looks like the latest up date:
End of August for completion

https://ssaavic.com.au/insurance-compan ... of-rebuild

Sarco
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 26 Jun 2019, 9:38 am

it's a good thing the insurance guys are on the ball, this roof may last a while when it does get done, finally :lol:
there will be a big party for him, he will be a farking hero :lol: the facility's manager saviour :lol:
I would not want to be waiting hanging by a rope for what the facilities manager said to come true though :lol:
he's the one who traded a good sound roof for cheap and that's why the public members dont have a decent range and are being put out :thumbsdown:
he may be getting the message that they are not happy with his dawdling delays that he is handballing the blame around for :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 27 Jun 2019, 9:18 am

Well bruno's shut now on Friday and Monday... saying business is down. So obviously range 2 is an issue. Plus on busy days during last summer they probably lost quite a few people as the range 2 can accommodate less people.

I know when we made a claim on my farm insurance the repairs were done within days
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Corn » 10 Jul 2019, 5:16 pm

Hey guys, I received this email today.....

Eagle Park closed to public this Saturday only

Builders carrying out roof replacement works on Main Range 1 have informed us that safety cannot be ensured on the range meaning it will not be open to the public at this stage.
The National Junior Rimfire Field Rifle Championship will be held on Main Range 2 on Saturday, July 13 and the intention was for public user to go to Main Range 1. But the builder's advice means there will be no public access to either range on that day only.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Jul 2019, 6:46 pm

Corn wrote:Hey guys, I received this email today.....
Eagle Park closed to public this Saturday only

Builders carrying out roof replacement works on Main Range 1 have informed us that safety cannot be ensured on the range meaning it will not be open to the public at this stage.

Just expect this. Its now a construction site. Could even be closed again in the future.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm

It's sad how it takes less time to build a whole estate of houses than its taken ssaa and its insurers to build a long carport.

But considering the weather I doubt many would be rocking up to shoot this weekend
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 11 Jul 2019, 12:09 pm

they going to close down the office that is basically attached to the public range as well :lol: :lol:
this will boost the moral of the guys who have nowhere else to shoot :roll:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Jul 2019, 6:57 pm

I would expect that at least the area where the construction work is being undertaken be completely isolated from members, employees and members of the public. This is normal for any construction site. Also if the use of mobile plant (E,g. Cranes and trucks) puts people at risk further measures to ensure members safety may be required. In addition some insurance companies tend to actively enforce a high level of compliance with the Act.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 17 Jul 2019, 4:06 pm

Anyone have an update on this? Are they done?
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 17 Jul 2019, 6:01 pm

apparently the footings have been done on the main range,
was talking to one of there blokes today, he is sick of advising members who ask who they can complain to that the guy they are going to complain to about the public members not being happy and being put out is the guy who is the reason the job is not done, the facilities manager :lol: :roll:
the bloke I was talking to today was also there when the original roof let go and said that when the wind is howling over at the second competition range the vibrating noise you can hear is the same as what they heard before the roof on the main range let go :unknown:

this roof job has really been stretched out and has shown the shallow relationship between the ssaa management and the public members
there is no excuse for taking this long, get it done and give the members somewhere to shoot :roll:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 22 Jul 2019, 8:17 pm

Was down there for a shoot on Saturday, so went and had a look at what progress has been made and quite simply it was somewhat disappointing.
As stated earlier, the foundations have been put in for the roof supports and sweet FA else seems to have been achieved/done.
Absolutely nothing else happening, quite clearly no other activity happening at all.
It is getting frightfully close to 12 months down the track now.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 07 Sep 2019, 9:42 pm

Was down there again today.
Finally work has commenced with the start of erecting the new frames.

I heard that it is expected to be opened early October in time for some sort of rimfire(?) championships.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 12 Sep 2019, 7:48 pm

have heard that after 14 months the roof works look like it's on the way
it had better be a good one that lasts a bit longer than the couple of years the one that flew off did that this ssaa administration controlled
cant wait for the big party the ssaa will throw for the hierarchy because they saved the little river range and got it going again for the benefit of the members

NOT :sarcasm: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges