South Burnett Dogs

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

South Burnett Dogs

Post by Mark » 11 Jul 2019, 8:03 pm

Im in charge of dog control on 30,000 acre block in the south burnett. The surrounding blocks are mostly prickle farmers on the doll who cant look after there dogs. they end up feral & breed with dingo's . I cant recall the last time i saw a pure breed on this block !
20160326_111825.jpg
20160326_111825.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2147 times

20160326_171905.jpg
20160326_171905.jpg (109.23 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

20190101_180420 (3).jpg
20190101_180420 (3).jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 2147 times

Resized_20170105_062007.jpeg
Resized_20170105_062007.jpeg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2147 times
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: South Burnett Dogs

Post by SCJ429 » 11 Jul 2019, 8:08 pm

Good old .222?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Mark » 11 Jul 2019, 9:07 pm

20190419_154130 (2).jpg
20190419_154130 (2).jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Jul 2019, 6:14 am

G'day Mark mate it's good you're knocking them down as well I to shoot wild dogs and have done some surveys with a mob and the findings are exactly as you have described the dogs down there all mixed breed I actually shot several hundred in my area and they were dna tested and not one was pure breed all the dogs were shot over a 200klm area the whole situation has evolved from as you say domestic dogs breeding with the dingo and its a problem that is not going to go away not ever its my opinion that its only a matter of time before you won't find a pure dingo those top pics are obviously x-dogs but you do get a black/black tan dingo pure we get them up here the locals call them scrub dingo because they are mainly found in or around scrub areas rarely out in the open country that bottom dog looks its some ones sheep dog and that's another problem as people see them as domestic and these very dogs could be the ones killing their chooks and stock without people realising this mate you are going to have your time cut out controlling the dog problem where you are because you shoot one another seems to step up from nowhere since I started shooting wild dogs quiet a few years ago they have grown in numbers to the point they are out of hand in some areas so mate keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Blr243 » 12 Jul 2019, 3:01 pm

Great work mark well done. Last time i tried whistling up a dog in the dark with my thermal scope a bloody grey roo ran at me 100 miles an hour. So I need to get my act together
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 12 Jul 2019, 4:23 pm

great work mark :thumbsup:

I see you have them same safety boots as me :lol: :lol: :drinks:
I miss beautiful one day perfect the next :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Mark » 12 Jul 2019, 7:59 pm

marksman wrote:great work mark :thumbsup:

I see you have them same safety boots as me :lol: :lol: :drinks:
I miss beautiful one day perfect the next :drinks:

That the pic i usually post when someone says what the best camo clothing for hunting when im out with my March scoped tactical longrange 17.338 sledge hammer
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Mark » 12 Jul 2019, 8:01 pm

G'day Mark mate it's good you're knocking them down as well I to shoot wild dogs and have done some surveys with a mob and the findings are exactly as you have described the dogs down there all mixed breed I actually shot several hundred in my area and they were dna tested and not one was pure breed all the dogs were shot over a 200klm area the whole situation has evolved from as you say domestic dogs breeding with the dingo and its a problem that is not going to go away not ever its my opinion that its only a matter of time before you won't find a pure dingo those top pics are obviously x-dogs but you do get a black/black tan dingo pure we get them up here the locals call them scrub dingo because they are mainly found in or around scrub areas rarely out in the open country that bottom dog looks its some ones sheep dog and that's another problem as people see them as domestic and these very dogs could be the ones killing their chooks and stock without people realising this mate you are going to have your time cut out controlling the dog problem where you are because you shoot one another seems to step up from nowhere since I started shooting wild dogs quiet a few years ago they have grown in numbers to the point they are out of hand in some areas so mate keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks mate ! I'm a bit of a one man band in the district though. Apart from 1080, that gets the odd pup.
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Mark » 12 Jul 2019, 8:03 pm

Blr243 wrote:Great work mark well done. Last time i tried whistling up a dog in the dark with my thermal scope a bloody grey roo ran at me 100 miles an hour. So I need to get my act together

Cheers mate. The bloody things are getting very smart, i'm constantly changing what i do & tactics to try & out smart them !
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control