BPCR Silhouette at Rankins Springs NSW.

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

BPCR Silhouette at Rankins Springs NSW.

Post by Gamerancher » 13 Jul 2019, 6:19 am

G'day all.
16,17,18 August.
NSW State BPCR Silhouette Titles.
If you have a suitable black powder rifle and would like to try this sport come along. Set up and practice on the Friday, 40 shot matches Sat and Sun. Also, .22 rimfire match Saturday morning, any non-bolt action, single shot .22 lr along the lines of the full bore BPCR rifles.
Cooked breakfast and lunch available at the range Sat and Sun. Camping at the range, No facilities, or caravan park or motel in Rankins Springs. Range is only about a kilometre from town. Evening meals at the pub. Come along and enjoy a great weekend of smoke, noise and tumbling targets.
Rules available from the SSAA website via the discipline pages.
Feel free to pm me for more details. :thumbsup:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Re: BPCR Silhouette at Rankins Springs NSW.

Post by Strikey » 13 Jul 2019, 6:51 am

Mate do you know about that new powder called smokeless, its been around for a few years now you should try it :sarcasm: :drinks:
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 13 Jul 2019, 2:57 pm

Gamerancher wrote:G'day all.
16,17,18 August.
If you have a suitable black powder rifle and would like to try this sport come along. Set up and practice on the Friday, 40 shot matches Sat and Sun. Also, .22 rimfire match Saturday morning, any non-bolt action, single shot .22 lr along the lines of the full bore BPCR rifles.
Cooked breakfast and lunch available at the range Sat and Sun. Camping at the range, No facilities, or caravan park or motel in Rankins Springs. Range is only about a kilometre from town. Evening meals at the pub. Come along and enjoy a great weekend of smoke, noise and tumbling targets.

Can't find any rules for this in the SSAA Disciplines, is it called something other than BPCR?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by groundhog » 13 Jul 2019, 10:51 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Gamerancher wrote:G'day all.
16,17,18 August.

Can't find any rules for this in the SSAA Disciplines, is it called something other than BPCR?

Hi Bladeracer

It is in the Rifle Metallic Silhouette rulebook. Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, Scoped Black Powder Cartridge Rifle and Smallbore Black Powder Cartridge Rifle are what will be shot on the weekend in question. Please note however that the Scoped BPCR match is open to open sight BPCR rifles as well so could really be considered an any sight match.
groundhog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 13 Jul 2019, 11:07 pm

groundhog wrote:Hi Bladeracer

It is in the Rifle Metallic Silhouette rulebook. Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, Scoped Black Powder Cartridge Rifle and Smallbore Black Powder Cartridge Rifle are what will be shot on the weekend in question. Please note however that the Scoped BPCR match is open to open sight BPCR rifles as well so could really be considered an any sight match.

Thanks Groundhog, I'll have a look at it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 14 Jul 2019, 8:48 pm

I’m in! Had a great time last year and have been looking forward to it - just don’t bring the roaring gale with you this year!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 15 Jul 2019, 4:35 am

What roaring gale??
I recall a slight breeze :lol:
At the Nationals at Berridale a few years ago I had run out of windage adjustment and had to hold off by two animals to hit the one I needed, that's a gale.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges