Zastava 17 HMR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Zastava 17 HMR

Post by Brunka » 16 Jul 2019, 8:52 pm

Hi All,
Have a Zastava 17 HMR, seems extremely accurate & am generally really happy with it. Came with 2 X 5 round steel magazines, seem to get a few problems with reliable feeding, anyone got any advice on mod's that may help. I have lightly filed & polished the sharp edges on the magazine feed lips. Any info. would be welcome.
Regards,
Brunka.
Brunka
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Zastava 17 HMR

Post by Jakotay22 » 23 Jul 2019, 8:17 pm

Although I have not done it myself, i think the trigger needs some work because mine feels pretty heavy.

How does yours feel?
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Zastava 17 HMR

Post by Brunka » 25 Jul 2019, 4:38 pm

Hi There,
You can adjust the trigger, Iv'e got a good description on the net on how to do it, I will have a look where I put it & send it.
NOTE You MUST check the setting of the safety block that stops the trigger moving with the safety catch ON, it is possible the fire the gun with the safety engaged unless you check & reset if necessary after the adjustments ! My trigger is set to I think was 1 kg or about 2.2 lbs, had almost no pre-travel but let off quite nicely once you got used to the sort of odd feel. Seems quite safe, I can whack the gun quite hard on the stock with it cocked & safety in off position & the trigger has absolutely no movement with the safety on which also locks the bolt from turning. That safety check I mentioned is an absolute must !
When I bought my Zastava the barrel wasn't free floating, I had to carefully chisel & sand out the channel in the fore stock where it was contacting, I was going the bed the action but the wood to metal fit is so tight, virtually a precision slide in fit so tight that when I used a thinned out varnish to ensure the word was sealed against moisture all on the inside of the stock I had to resand with #600 wet & dry around the area in the stock where the action fitted in, best wood to metal fit on numerous rifles etc I have owned ! iv'e fitted a new scope I had still in the box for years ! A Hawke 2.5 - 10 X 44 AO on the turrets, good solid 4 bolt mounts & a bi-pod. Got to shoot it in again at St Mary's 50 m range. Did previously shoot it in with a Cheapo air rifle scope & it shot about a 5 mm group at that distance, I was pretty impressed with it's accuracy bearing in mind I once had a .22 LR Anshutz 54 single shot Olympic match rifle, it shot a bit better but not by that much !
Regards,
Brunka.

Regards,
Brunka.
Brunka
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles