Apollo mission's 50th anniversary

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Apollo mission's 50th anniversary

Post by Noisydad » 20 Jul 2019, 6:21 pm

It's the 50th anniversary of the moon landing today.
The big question is do you think they did it or faked it?
I think that we clearly live with governments that are quite happy to fake things to support an agenda and it wouldn't surprise me if they did fake it BUT I think that not only did they actually land on the moon but that a LOT more is known about both it and Mars than we're told.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Apollo mission's 50th anniversary

Post by Stix » 20 Jul 2019, 6:24 pm

I think i can hear Homer coming up the hall with a link... :D
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 20 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

Stix wrote:I think i can hear Homer coming up the hall with a link... :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: god bless homer but . if we all thought the same it would be boring :thumbsup:

after all, everyone knows the moon landing was filmed on a MGM movie set of a john wayne western :P
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Jul 2019, 8:10 am

No I believe homer has a couple of fake accounts on this site.....he might use one of them to reply
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Jul 2019, 6:57 pm

The Germans landed on the Moon as early as 1942, utilizing their larger exo-atmospheric rocket saucers of the Miethe and Schriever type... so theres no reason the yanks couldn't have done it in 1969
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 21 Jul 2019, 7:33 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:The Germans landed on the Moon as early as 1942, utilizing their larger exo-atmospheric rocket saucers of the Miethe and Schriever type... so theres no reason the yanks couldn't have done it in 1969

ya ever see the sci-fi movie "iron sky" the nazi's escaped to he moon and regrouped for a invasion :lol:

actually if your into sci - fi with a twist it's not a bad move. it was made in 2012 so the special effects are good :thumbsup:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Jul 2019, 8:24 pm

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:The Germans landed on the Moon as early as 1942, utilizing their larger exo-atmospheric rocket saucers of the Miethe and Schriever type... so theres no reason the yanks couldn't have done it in 1969

ya ever see the sci-fi movie "iron sky" the nazi's escaped to he moon and regrouped for a invasion :lol:

actually if your into sci - fi with a twist it's not a bad move. it was made in 2012 so the special effects are good :thumbsup:

Sounds cool ... It's probably based on a true story.
I was talking to a fella who'd either left his tin foil hat at home or lost it, he was telling me all about the Nazi moon base. It's on the dark side of the moon, but with tis telescope he can see the tops of the missile silos :crazy:

It's hard to know how to react to those kind of claims, so I just asked him if he'd be taking LSD that night.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2019, 5:02 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Sounds cool ... It's probably based on a true story.
I was talking to a fella who'd either left his tin foil hat at home or lost it, he was telling me all about the Nazi moon base. It's on the dark side of the moon, but with tis telescope he can see the tops of the missile silos :crazy:

It's hard to know how to react to those kind of claims, so I just asked him if he'd be taking LSD that night.

I just saw a preview of “iron sky 2” , the “moon nazi’s” are back ! :lol: in the preview Adolf is back riding a T-Rex ! :lol: check it on YouTube. I read a lot and have quite a collection of books on lots of subjects, but my sci-fi novels are my favourite. A interesting series is “the lost regiment “ about a union civil war infantry/artillery regiment that gets sucked through a portal to a distant planet :P
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jul 2019, 7:53 am

One of the Astronauts that went up, lost his s**t about what was on the dark side of the moon, he said something like - he couldn’t describe it exactly, but they saw weird flashes that appeared to pass through them - and that something changed him...he apparently then lost it after a while.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2019, 9:22 am

TassieTiger wrote:One of the Astronauts that went up, lost his s**t about what was on the dark side of the moon, he said something like - he couldn’t describe it exactly, but they saw weird flashes that appeared to pass through them - and that something changed him...he apparently then lost it after a while.

It was the “moon nazis “ taz :lol:

I wouldn’t doubt the unknown. I’ve seen some strange things in the coarse of my life that others have witnessed, and no drugs or booze involved. Okay, maybe a little booze
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 22 Jul 2019, 9:48 am

Sorry but I can't help myself as this person expresses it so beautifully.

@DavidBCollum
I am a "conspiracy theorist". I believe men and women of wealth and power conspire. If you don't think so, then you are what is called "an idiot". If you believe stuff but fear the label, you are what is called "a coward".

David B Collum, Betty R. Miller Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Macross » 22 Jul 2019, 4:52 pm

Its interesting to think about how NASA sent men to the moon 50 years ago. I also find it really interesting how no other country, agency, government, society, corporation or body, has ever replicated the feat. Not even come close. Its the only thing in human history that was accomplished by one group and then not replicated by others.... im not saying we didn't go to the moon.... its just really interesting that only NASA has.... decades ago.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2019, 5:52 pm

straightshooter wrote:Sorry but I can't help myself as this person expresses it so beautifully.

@DavidBCollum
I am a "conspiracy theorist". I believe men and women of wealth and power conspire. If you don't think so, then you are what is called "an idiot". If you believe stuff but fear the label, you are what is called "a coward".

David B Collum, Betty R. Miller Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University

a very interesting point of view , one i can sympathise with . i try to use logic and common sense to justify some of my beliefs and views , but when these views go against the "popular" belief, ridicule and mockery usually follow . it wasn't that long ago that viking exploration of north america was a myth, in more recent times it has been proven to be fact . just one view that "experts" claimed was rubbish . but longhouses discovered in newfoundland and runestones in oklahoma prove they went further than imagined .ya gotta wonder though why more moon exploration didn't continue , especially with advances in technology :unknown:

bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jul 2019, 6:13 pm

There’s another famous quote that goes along the lines “the most amazing things that occur in this world, are taken for granted as one is born into, one wonders what an extra terrestrial might make of an explanation of a cumulus cloud or even the humble gravity force that moves water, but holds water all the same, those that cannot imagine sciences beyond our own world, are sadly failing humanity with blinkered educated guesses, that are often later proven to have failed generations” or some crap like that.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Jul 2019, 6:18 pm

Regardless of whether they got to the moon or not one thing I find hard to understand is all the resources and money wasted on doing so nassa may have invented a few things that are good for the people but other than that the whole moon thing has done nothing for mankind except giving a small amount of power people boasting rights
I would have thought the money and resources would have been better spent by helping the needy like the homeless ,returned Veterans, hospitals ''the list is too long'' rather than on the moon jobie ''Just my opinion''
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 22 Jul 2019, 7:03 pm

Regardless of whether they got to the moon or not one thing I find hard to understand is all the resources and money wasted on doing so nassa may have invented a few things that are good for the people but other than that the whole moon thing has done nothing for mankind except giving a small amount of power people boasting rights
I would have thought the money and resources would have been better spent by helping the needy like the homeless ,returned Veterans, hospitals ''the list is too long'' rather than on the moon jobie ''Just my opinion''

at that point in american history it was all about proving they were better than the russians :P
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Jul 2019, 7:57 pm

Yes bigrich mate and they're still trying so they're going to attack Mars next I suppose
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jul 2019, 9:58 pm

I dunno - if they had have patented Velcro, it would have paid for mars as well lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Noisydad » 23 Jul 2019, 7:15 am

I've got this mate right...no really, an ACTUAL mate, who thinks that not only did they go to the moon but that NASA has never stopped going to the moon. They just stopped telling us. Further more he's said to me during the course of many weird and wonderful conversations, (none of of which have required any chemical enhancement because they get weird enough as it is), that he thinks we're already on Mars citing the $40 trillion black hole in the budget as the funding source.
I had a laugh but then later wondered who's to say he's wrong?
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Jul 2019, 5:23 pm

Hmm interesting topic.... my thoughts...

It was an environment of a race to beat the ruskies at everything. They won the first person in space... next logical step was moon, no expense spared.

Then people got disinterested, big companies wanted the government to spend money on war, the Congress decided spending billions per year to send a man on the moon is not going to achieve much except bragging rights..... atleast Mars can be colonized...or so they tell us.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Jul 2019, 7:54 pm

I'm pretty sure that the first person sent into space was Asian ... so I guess they wun the sprace wace
images (4).jpeg
First Asian astronaut
images (4).jpeg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Jul 2019, 8:21 pm

Noisydad wrote:I've got this mate right...no really, an ACTUAL mate, who thinks that not only did they go to the moon but that NASA has never stopped going to the moon. They just stopped telling us. Further more he's said to me during the course of many weird and wonderful conversations, (none of of which have required any chemical enhancement because they get weird enough as it is), that he thinks we're already on Mars citing the $40 trillion black hole in the budget as the funding source.

I guess if we can learn to live on a planet that's
had most of its carbon dioxide atmosphere blown away by solar winds due to the lack of an intrinsic global magnetic field,
is bombarded so hard by radiation that the very instrument sent there to measure it got fried by it.
Has a night-time temperature of minus 73 degrees Celsius
Where almost all water exists only as ice....

Then its safe to say we'll be able to survive on earth for a while yet. ... 40 trillion well spent :thumbsup:

Next time you see ya slightly wacky mate, tell him that Neil Armstrong never went to the moon ... he came from the moon, want proof? what's Neil A spelt backwards ?
The whole lunar landing thing was actually rescue mission to save the stranded alien piolt.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Noisydad » 23 Jul 2019, 10:15 pm

A rescue mission theory is on the table now! Completely new idea to me and really no sillier than any other lol
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2019, 4:43 am

Noisydad wrote:A rescue mission theory is on the table now! Completely new idea to me and really no sillier than any other lol

No that’s crazy. It was a trip for ambassadors from earth to meet with the moon nazi’s ( re -“ iron sky” , sci-fi movie )
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 24 Jul 2019, 7:56 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Noisydad wrote:I've got this mate right...no really, an ACTUAL mate, who thinks that not only did they go to the moon but that NASA has never stopped going to the moon. They just stopped telling us. Further more he's said to me during the course of many weird and wonderful conversations, (none of of which have required any chemical enhancement because they get weird enough as it is), that he thinks we're already on Mars citing the $40 trillion black hole in the budget as the funding source.

had most of its carbon dioxide atmosphere blown away by solar winds due to the lack of an intrinsic global magnetic field,
is bombarded so hard by radiation that the very instrument sent there to measure it got fried by it.

Then its safe to say we'll be able to survive on earth for a while yet. ... 40 trillion well spent :thumbsup:

Next time you see ya slightly wacky mate, tell him that Neil Armstrong never went to the moon ... he came from the moon, want proof? what's Neil A spelt backwards ?
The whole lunar landing thing was actually rescue mission to save the stranded alien piolt.

We learnt to live in Ipswich, mars won’t be much of a stretch.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jul 2019, 8:22 am

deanp100 wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Now thats funny!!!!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2019, 8:37 am

deanp100 wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Ya wanna see some strange alien life forms, come to Logan :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 24 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

Hey fellas, I heard on this morning news India has launched a moon mission to the moon ! True ! Their looking for water around the moons South Pole apparently. I reckon that’s a cover up . Their secretly opening the first 7 eleven/ quickie-mart on the moon ! Moon-slushy anyone ? I think due to resupply problems the pies might be a bit old !
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by flutch » 24 Jul 2019, 11:58 am

I am legit on the fence with this one reasons are as follows:

- I wasnt born when all this was going down
- I dont personally know anyone who "went"
- I dont know anyone personally involved with the missions
- There is video of nasa expert scientists admitting we dont have the means to cross the van allen belts
- There is video of nasa expert scientists saying that "we used to have the technology to goto the moon, but they destroyed it all??
- Apparently they destroyed all tech needed to get to the moon, yet have tech in development to goto mars? hard to believe they would be able to goto mars and not the moon
- Mars has little to no atmosphere, no breathable air and extreme radiation exposure, just like the moon, yet no moon base to train future mars pilgrims? not convincing.
- There are countless videos picking apart the moon landing, and only one moon landing video (that is picked apart)
- The moon landing took place during an era of extreme propaganda, exiting was nazi propaganda and bolshevik and incoming was soviet and USA and UK propaganda and cold war antics.... so who knows.
- it still takes hours to days to stream in images from stellar probes yet somehow in the 60s they had the bandwidth and tech to stream video????

there are a lot of unanswered issues with the whole thing, but admittedly I wasnt around at the time so who knows.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jul 2019, 2:45 pm

One word here and this thread can be closed - Bob Lazar...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation