Scope advice

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Scope advice

Post by Jeff » 24 Jun 2019, 6:05 pm

Any advice on this scope, Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 BDC, looking for a scope for bench shooting, 22lr from 25 to 50 yards with a low Parallax.
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Scope advice

Post by Blr243 » 24 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm

Scope sounds a bit huge for me. I could be wrong
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 24 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm

I have @ 56 mm vortex scope on one of my 243 s. And I have a set of vortex semi compact binos. Both allow very clear detailed viewing
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Jeff » 24 Jun 2019, 6:22 pm

Blr243 wrote:Scope sounds a bit huge for me. I could be wrong

It for target shooting only
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Jun 2019, 7:51 am

Have seen a few at my local range - they work well, allowing for sighting of the .22 holes very easily.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 25 Jun 2019, 8:06 am

I dont own this scope but do have a vortex viper pst ffp 6-24x50
I think you will be very happy with the one you have if it is as good as the one I have
I did find my vortex scope a bit fiddly to adjust but once adjusted the scope is definitely very clear and parallax free
hope this is a good indicator for you :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Jeff » 04 Jul 2019, 10:41 pm

marksman wrote:I dont own this scope but do have a vortex viper pst ffp 6-24x50
I think you will be very happy with the one you have if it is as good as the one I have
I did find my vortex scope a bit fiddly to adjust but once adjusted the scope is definitely very clear and parallax free

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Zeju » 09 Jul 2019, 6:17 pm

Whatever scope you buy just make sure the parallax is lower than 50. 50-infinity is too much for a .22, and effectively makes a lot of potential hunting / 25m shots much more difficult. I too have a Viper PST in 6-24x50, and I'm immediately looking to get it off my .22 and put it on a centrefire and replace it with something more appropriate. But hey, I tried it!
Zeju
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by xDom » 09 Jul 2019, 6:25 pm

Zeju wrote:Whatever scope you buy just make sure the parallax is lower than 50. 50-infinity is too much for a .22, and effectively makes a lot of potential hunting / 25m shots much more difficult. I too have a Viper PST in 6-24x50, and I'm immediately looking to get it off my .22 and put it on a centrefire and replace it with something more appropriate. But hey, I tried it!

So, would you recommend an adjustable parallax?
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Jul 2019, 6:29 pm

Zeju wrote:Whatever scope you buy just make sure the parallax is lower than 50. 50-infinity is too much for a .22, and effectively makes a lot of potential hunting / 25m shots much more difficult. I too have a Viper PST in 6-24x50, and I'm immediately looking to get it off my .22 and put it on a centrefire and replace it with something more appropriate. But hey, I tried it!

Try the Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40, focuses right back to 10m, and has 105MoA of elevation for stretching the .22LR out to 500m.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TheGreenwolf » 10 Jul 2019, 1:07 pm

Love my nikkon scope crystal clear, good in low light conditions as well. and quick to sight in targets.
TheGreenwolf
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Jeff » 15 Jul 2019, 9:20 pm

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 26 Jul 2019, 5:05 pm

marksman wrote:I dont own this scope but do have a vortex viper pst ffp 6-24x50

I am finding it hard to adjust as well hope this week its right
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 26 Jul 2019, 6:53 pm

I dont use mine on the highest power, I set mine at 20 power max, adjust the parallax and ocular lense
you need to have your eye on axis with your eye in the centre of the scope if your eye goes off a bit you will see some haloing
with my scope I have to build a good position every time I fire, I see it as a good thing :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Jeff » 27 Jul 2019, 7:34 pm

marksman wrote:I dont use mine on the highest power, I set mine at 20 power max, adjust the parallax and ocular lense
you need to have your eye on axis with your eye in the centre of the scope if your eye goes off a bit you will see some haloing
with my scope I have to build a good position every time I fire, I see it as a good thing :drinks:

Thanks will try it tomorrow
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles