cant say fairy anymore

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

cant say fairy anymore

Post by marksman » 02 Aug 2019, 7:18 pm

so I have just been informed by my young son that he got a reflection at school today for saying "fairy" :lol:

I just about fell to the ground in laughter as he was telling me :lol: :lol:
he was explaining that he has seen fairy penguins in port phillip bay while out fishing
the teacher scolded him saying that they are not fairy penguins but are called little penguins
and that fairy is a bad word that offends people :unknown: you lose your lunch time in reflexion :wtf:
so he went to the reflexion room and the teacher there asked what he had done?, he told the teacher who had a laugh and told him to go have lunch :lol:
so I checked out wikipedia and they call the fairy penguins little penguins now :lol: :lol:
I can see I will have to take this up with the teacher and sort him out about it :lol: :lol:

what is this world coming to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: cant say fairy anymore

Post by bigrich » 02 Aug 2019, 7:37 pm

FFS ! I’m just amazed at how far this political correctness has gone
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Aug 2019, 7:40 pm

marksman wrote:so I checked out wikipedia and they call the fairy penguins little penguins now :lol: :lol:

Yep for a few years now. But dont forget to tell the teacher he/she is an idiot for me. They were called fairy penguins for about 120 years. Sheesh what is he smoking?
Last edited by Oldbloke on 02 Aug 2019, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
General
General

Victoria

Post by knowsnothin » 02 Aug 2019, 7:42 pm

Tell the teacher that being called 'little' offends you and if he keeps calling them fairy penguins little... he won't be able to SEE his own reflection.
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Aug 2019, 7:46 pm

BTW WTF is reflextion?
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
General
General

Victoria

Post by green_comet » 02 Aug 2019, 8:21 pm

Oldbloke wrote:BTW WTF is reflextion?

It's when you have to sit there and reflect on what you've said or done. :lol:

Basically time out or similar.
green_comet
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Aug 2019, 8:29 pm

reflection is when your child gets a time out and has to stay in a classroom instead of out in the playground for lunch :crazy: to reflect :shock:

it's really hard when your 10 year old is being indoctrinated by activist teachers who think they’re entitled to inflict their politics on impressionable children
I spend so much time unteaching my children what they are being taught to think :thumbsdown: they should only be being taught how to think :thumbsup:
marksman
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by GQshayne » 02 Aug 2019, 8:39 pm

On the other side of the coin - I have a mate who is a teacher. Recently at some kind of meeting involving himself, a student, and parents I think, the student was looking very uninterested in what was going on. My mate said to him "I can see that you are really excited about this". The kid complained, and the parents have complained, and he has had to "please explain" why he was using sarcasm with a student.

Political correctness is out of control.
GQshayne
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 02 Aug 2019, 8:43 pm

I don't know what the teacher was thinking but I think he/she is out there with the fairies and oldbloke I think he/she was smoking ''FAIRY'' dust no other explanation
grandadbushy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 02 Aug 2019, 8:45 pm

You're not serious marksman...!
You cant be...!
Nuht...
No way...!!

Ah fuk it.!!..

Im coming to the teacher meeting...!!

AND...!!!

After ive acted intensly interested & acutely understanding of his issue ridden mind bending dumb-ass explanation of why your son got punished...
I am going to pull this out from a bag & insist he have some "reflection" time on how big a fukwit he is...!!!!!!!

Screenshot_2019-08-02-20-00-45-1.png
"LITTLE Floss"
Screenshot_2019-08-02-20-00-45-1.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 650 times

FMD...!!! :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 02 Aug 2019, 8:51 pm

So with all that said what now happens with the ''Fairy God Mother'' will she have to go through a name change ''GEEZ'' at this rate all kids will develop mental issues at this rate
grandadbushy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Aug 2019, 8:56 pm

green_comet wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:BTW WTF is reflextion?

It's when you have to sit there and reflect on what you've said or done. :lol:

Basically time out or similar.

Soooo, A mirror job. You look into it. Lol

I just want what the teacher is smoking. Lol
Oldbloke
General
General

Victoria

Post by grandadbushy » 02 Aug 2019, 8:56 pm

AHH Stix that brings back memories the good old Fai...…….Little Floss :thumbsup: :drinks: :lol:
grandadbushy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Aug 2019, 9:27 pm

Sheeesh,,,, I remember when amongst friends,,,,, to call a bloke "you old bastard" was actually a term of endearment.

Where are we heading nowadays ???? :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 02 Aug 2019, 10:14 pm

Google the story about the name change of the fairy beat up and tell your son's dopey teacher what really happened.
Here's a bit out of the Herald Sun at the time - very funny...

Rebecca Smith, spokeswoman for Sea World, confirmed: "We didn't want to upset the gay community.

"We didn't have any complaints about the name of the penguins, but someone thought it could be seen as offensive so we decided to change it to little penguin instead.

"The name is more politically correct. We're not treating it as a big issue."

But the name change has had the opposite effect. Queensland's gay community described it as ridiculous and unnecessary.

"If they were called poofter penguins or something more direct, it might be a problem. But I don't see the name fairy penguin as a mickey take," Kamahl Fox, chairman of gay support group Gold Coast Breakers, said.
Last edited by allthegearandnoidea on 02 Aug 2019, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mickb » 02 Aug 2019, 10:16 pm

Someone told me some of the southern states have school programs or something that encourage kids to choose from a bunch of genders? Like new York with its 36 recognized genders and Canada with its infinite genders? They are removing the precision of language with all this crap. Which might sound trite but words have power. Common folks basically got free of oppression by applying agreed definitions, backed by common law and eventually strengthened by science. You take that away and the powers that be can have us back in the old days when the church used to say " All men are created equal, unfortunately 1/2 of you still have to be serf class".
mickb
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 03 Aug 2019, 12:27 am

I suppose the Black Garden Spider can't be called black anymore just in case it offends someone? ... the PC term for it is the Non-reflective Garden Spider :unknown:

I'd be looking forward to my next parent teacher interview if I were you, although I probably wouldn't wait that long, a phone call to the School Principal for a "please explain" would be in order, and a letter of apology from the teacher would be the demanded.

I'm offended by leftard teachers standing children in the corner for calling Fairy Penguins, Fairy Penguins.

Due to over-sensitive, new age snowflakes, Fairies shall now be called Littles
images (11).jpeg
images (11).jpeg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.

on_one_wheel LIVES LEFT: 3..BONUS POINTS: 8

Did my post offend you? If you answered yes, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the nearest safe space.
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Ziad » 03 Aug 2019, 8:01 am

What's gets me is the ATAR score of teaching degrees is close enough to the lowest.... which means a moron.... or a person who likely failed at school gets teach our kids.... and you complain...lol
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation