The worst shooting video ever.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

The worst shooting video ever.

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Aug 2019, 12:39 pm

I was doing some homework on thermal scopes, and had the misfortune on clicking on this "review"

I'm technologically bankrupt and have never done a "link",,,,,,,,,,, so here are the manual details.

Google search ATN Thor-HD 640 5-50x

And click on the review labelled as 3.45 mins, Mr Shambles You Tube 01/06/2018

This guy using a semi auto center fire (judging by the sound) is trying to shoot pigs.
He has the annoying habit of counting, "three, two, one" prior to firing. (and missing more often than not)
Going by his accuracy, I'm glad I'm not buying his ammo.

Then, in another vid by the same guy, it shows him about to fire at a pig in amongst cattle.
My immediate thought was,,,,,,, this aint gonna end well.
However, his calmer, more patient, approach won the night and he actually got a clean kill.

I still wouldn't allow him to be shooting among stock that I owned though. :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: The worst shooting video ever.

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Aug 2019, 4:58 pm

3 2 1 countdown hey, :lol: what a tool

perhaps I've been doing it wrong the whole time.

I might even try saying "3 2 1 engage",
its more tactical. :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by YoungBuck » 14 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm

Poor pigs. Some of them got a clean death, others... geeeeeez.....awful shooter.

The link BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-HI_nE4u1w
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Aug 2019, 6:41 pm

Just watched it ... definitely a contender for the world's worst shooter.

He's using the spray and prey technique
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 15 Aug 2019, 10:46 am

What a clown show that was. Dude needs to learn how to shoot. Plus it looks like he is using 223 for hogs which really doesn't cut the mustard IMO.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by SCJ429 » 15 Aug 2019, 12:05 pm

It does show how important shot placement is.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Aug 2019, 2:46 pm

SCJ429 wrote:It does show how important shot placement is.

Yeah right,,,, :lol: :lol: WHAT SHOT PLACEMENT :unknown:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Aug 2019, 2:50 pm

At least he's got better luck than BLR had on his hunting trip.

At least the pigs were coming through the fenceline and into the same paddock as the shooter,, ;)
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 15 Aug 2019, 4:16 pm

Yes that was a very easy situation for him. If you had a bunch of video that showed a variable level of results and competence and ethics one would think that you might erase the worst of it and only present the best. If that’s his best he has presented I don’t want to even think about the other
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 15 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm

There was at least one instant where he hit the brain or spine. Not all bad but the others were not the best. I hope there were not any others that were worse.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm

I wonder what distance he was shooting at?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Aug 2019, 9:26 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I wonder what distance he was shooting at?

I just went through the pain of watching it again.
Judging from the size and clarity I'm guessing that some of those pigs (especially when he first starts firing) were between 50 to 80 meters away.

The second pig in the video (the real long one) he takes a total of 16 shots, and when he stopped videoing I am not convinced that the pig was dead even then.

The many wild shots and clear misses are visible in the footage hitting the dirt well clear of the pig.

Sixteen shots, :wtf: :wtf: :oops: :oops:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Aug 2019, 10:07 pm

I’m sorry, I know hunting can and is a messy business and I’m as guilty as anyone for a regrettable shot that resulted in a s**ty outcome - it happens and I accept that as part of the hunt - but if I were next to this bloke and he carried on like this, spraying lead almost indiscriminately at any parts of the animals body ? We are having serious fukn words. What an absolute C%#+%*{#**
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 15 Aug 2019, 10:40 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I’m sorry, I know hunting can and is a messy business and I’m as guilty as anyone for a regrettable shot that resulted in a s**ty outcome - it happens and I accept that as part of the hunt - but if I were next to this bloke and he carried on like this, spraying lead almost indiscriminately at any parts of the animals body ? We are having serious fukn words. What an absolute C%#+%*{#**

Just words...??!!
But yes im with you there...

Ive seen some similar (though not quite as bad) footage loaded up on yoochoob from a bloke over here shooting foxes with his new NV & after some bad shooting causing injury to fox after fox after fox this fellow admitted he didnt sight it in properly. :unknown:

Useless kunts like this should have their guns impounded & be placed on prohibition lists as far as im concerned...

I didnt bother watching any more after the second pig...

The bloke in this vid is just an arrogant self-righteous piece of sh1t ...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Aug 2019, 6:17 am

I think the other part of the problem with this clown is that he's using a Semi Auto 223 and figures if he misses he can just keep shootin till he hits it and then keep pumping it into em until it drops instead of having one decent shot at it and doing the job the most humane way possible in the first place. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Stix » 16 Aug 2019, 7:18 am

They are also using the countdown method so both shooters get an easy shot off to start with...trouble with that is firstly it just encourages a trigger yank, & even if you're a good shooter i rekon it just encourages one to concentrate on getting a shot off 'a split second' before your mate, rather thsn concentrate on the shot...
Also, when fukheads like this do the countdown method it has no allowance for the animal moving or turning just before the shot is released...so if it does move, it doubles the yank & just about ensures there is no concentration left on executing an effective one shot kill.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 16 Aug 2019, 5:29 pm

Yep, all the gear but no bloody idea!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Mark » 16 Aug 2019, 6:17 pm

This one is a little close to home. Not sure how many they wound & im not familiar with the song :thumbsdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhpzNW-NIQ
Mark
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Aug 2019, 6:41 pm

Stuff like that just gives anti gun mobs ammo to push their case that tape would be best kept in their own house not out for all to see better still they should make a tape of them getting practice at shooting and not shooting animals not only that hope they had permission to shoot there looked like they were just shooting off the road side most of the time
Member-Deleted

Post by gordicans » 17 Aug 2019, 12:13 am

YoungBuck wrote:Poor pigs. Some of them got a clean death, others... geeeeeez.....awful shooter.

The link BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-HI_nE4u1w

Someone like that who appears to be incapable of placing a shot shouldn't be allowed to shoot animals...sure, we all miss sometimes but that's just plain animal cruelty.
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 17 Aug 2019, 3:29 pm

Mark wrote:This one is a little close to home. Not sure how many they wound & im not familiar with the song :thumbsdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhpzNW-NIQ

bloody hell that was like masturbating with a cheese grater. and whats with people gutting s**t on the ground? ya got like 4 blokes there and ya rolling the thing around in the dirt? this is why I can't go shooting with 90% of people that ask to come along... NFI
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Ricochet » 29 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm

Check out the clown with the wife beater and hat near the end of that last one, barrel pointing towards his mate :shock: I don't want that guy behind me with a rifle ever :cry:
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control