Adler Straight Pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler Straight Pull

Post by CAVEMAN » 30 Jul 2019, 8:15 pm

Looking to pick the brains trust on the new Adler straight pull shotguns.

Anybody with experience on the original lever action version, would you think the straight pull would make it cycle any better than the original model or sort out any of the issues with feeding. Or maintain any issues regardless of the cycling action.
Attachments
849c9f11-5330-4ac9-a3ca-401271991efc_large.jpg
849c9f11-5330-4ac9-a3ca-401271991efc_large.jpg (12.94 KiB) Viewed 14901 times
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Adler Straight Pull

Post by JimTom » 30 Jul 2019, 9:49 pm

Mate I don’t have an answer for you however I was very interested when I read about these this arvo. Reasonably cheap too.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by meawls » 30 Jul 2019, 9:50 pm

I signed up for one this afternoon ... so I’m keen to hear as well. Three mates did the same ... or will be in the next day or two. So far I can’t source a single thing on them. Anywhere. New release?! Seems to be a massive after market cohort for the brand ... so here’s hoping the product is ok.
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Jul 2019, 10:01 pm

My local gun shop hates the Adler due to the ramp / timing mechanism - which looks to be carried over from lever to straight pull.

I have an Adler level and loading stuffed up a while ago - BUT NIOA were efficient and very good, paid post both ways, resolved inside a couple weeks and works beautifully again.

Not sure RE straight pulls other than shop talk - but the levers 5 year warranty instilled confidence.

Just to add to this - when I was most recently at local, he had his safe wide open and asked me to help him find a particular part I had ordered. There were at least 20 adler boxes there. When I asked him why, he said that despite him not liking them, many, many others were getting paranoid about a possible grandfathering...they have built a bit of a reputation as being half decent for the $.
Last edited by TassieTiger on 30 Jul 2019, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Jul 2019, 10:12 pm

When I got the email about the Adler straight pull I looked at the picture and thought to myself .... looks like there's been a supply issue with levers on the A110 production line.
Obviously Adler are doing a great job of fulfilling market demands.

Without ever having played with one, I would have thought that the lever would cycle faster and possibly smoother.
The lever action looks to have more leverage during it's cycle and it lands your trigger finger back into position once cycled where as the straight pull leaves your hand to find the grip after cycling.

I'm looking forward to seeing a side by side performance comparison between the A110 and the SHS STP12 (That's a bloody mouthful)
First to unload 10 rounds wins :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice piece of kit.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 30 Jul 2019, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 30 Jul 2019, 10:52 pm

definitely a good alternative to those who dont want to drop closer to 1k on a straight pull, and as far as i know the internals are all the same as the other adlers, so people should know whats what there, not spring assisted so not my cuppa tea, but beatons were doing the same thing a while back in perth except for 3 times the price.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by perentie » 31 Jul 2019, 7:31 am

I had to sell my lever Adler due to arthritis in my lever finger joints. Just too painfull to operate. Looking at a straight pull now and got the Adler email flyer. Good price but talking to another dealer , he said the bolt handle is too far forward on these compared to others.
It is too hard to see from the pictures where the bolt handle is. Some might know.
Thinking of waiting till the mods are made to the Berika Black ops and pay a bit more for that.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by meawls » 31 Jul 2019, 10:46 am

flutch wrote:definitely a good alternative to those who dont want to drop closer to 1k on a straight pull, and as far as i know the internals are all the same as the other adlers, so people should know whats what there, not spring assisted so not my cuppa tea, but beatons were doing the same thing a while back in perth except for 3 times the price.

Written confirmation from Nioa this morning. The new Adler action is most definitely spring assisted.
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cracker » 31 Jul 2019, 5:14 pm

not alot too them alot of parts would carry over from a semi auto.. pretty straight forward
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by perentie » 15 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm

What about this one?
I like the box mag. Easier to unload.

Adler B230T.jpg
Adler B230T.jpg (35.93 KiB) Viewed 14555 times
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Aug 2019, 5:00 pm

Didn’t these just get banned in QLD?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by perentie » 16 Aug 2019, 7:23 am

This is an Adler B230T They are not here yet but dealers are taking pre orders for around $560.
The Berika , similar looking was recalled for changes and should be available soon I hear. It was a bit over a grand.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by flutch » 16 Aug 2019, 10:33 am

meawls wrote:
flutch wrote:definitely a good alternative to those who dont want to drop closer to 1k on a straight pull, and as far as i know the internals are all the same as the other adlers, so people should know whats what there, not spring assisted so not my cuppa tea, but beatons were doing the same thing a while back in perth except for 3 times the price.

Written confirmation from Nioa this morning. The new Adler action is most definitely spring assisted.

really 4 phone calls directly with them tells me otherwise, where is this "written confirmation"
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by meawls » 16 Aug 2019, 6:55 pm

flutch wrote:
meawls wrote:

really 4 phone calls directly with them tells me otherwise, where is this "written confirmation"

Can’t work out how to cut and paste from email to here. Confirmation was from one Keith Boyle - apparently senior customer service consultant - and dated 31 July. His email address is shown as k.boyle@nioa.com.au.

Hope this helps ...
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cracker » 16 Aug 2019, 9:20 pm

not sure why it wouldnt be spring forward?

its turkish and a straight pull, its a semi auto missing some bits, cheap turkish semi auto shotguns in american are pretty common.

it should go forward, it would be odd if it didnt, i would imagine, for the sake of manufacturing.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ghoatman » 16 Aug 2019, 11:39 pm

Any info on mag interchangeability ? Can't seem to find anything that looks similar to the mag that fits the tactical. Unique design mebbe ?
Ghoatman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by flutch » 17 Aug 2019, 2:43 pm

cracker wrote:not sure why it wouldnt be spring forward?

its turkish and a straight pull, its a semi auto missing some bits, cheap turkish semi auto shotguns in american are pretty common.

it should go forward, it would be odd if it didnt, i would imagine, for the sake of manufacturing.

well my two local stores I spoke to about it as well as the reps from nioa all say its not spring assisted as the adler lever gun isnt and these are made from the internals of those Not from a semi. hence so much cheaper than a spring assist.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Dabi » 20 Aug 2019, 2:42 pm

flutch wrote:
cracker wrote:not sure why it wouldnt be spring forward?

well my two local stores I spoke to about it as well as the reps from nioa all say its not spring assisted as the adler lever gun isnt and these are made from the internals of those Not from a semi. hence so much cheaper than a spring assist.

any idea if the tactical one is spring assisted or are they all the same?
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by meawls » 21 Aug 2019, 10:17 am

The exact wording of written response by Keith Boyle from Nioa on 31 July... “The Adler B220 and B230 models will be supplied with spring assisted returns like many other straight pull shotguns currently on the market.” The tactical model is the B230 ... so it seems that this has been put to bed at last. The Adler straight pulls have spring assisted return. Any arguments, contact Keith!!!
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dabi » 21 Aug 2019, 1:46 pm

meawls wrote:The exact wording of written response by Keith Boyle from Nioa on 31 July... “The Adler B220 and B230 models will be supplied with spring assisted returns like many other straight pull shotguns currently on the market.” The tactical model is the B230 ... so it seems that this has been put to bed at last. The Adler straight pulls have spring assisted return. Any arguments, contact Keith!!!

thank you! i would've refunded my deposit if it didn't have a return spring, phew :)
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 23 Aug 2019, 10:18 pm

Remember the times years ago when we used to carry our pumps or autos out onto the wheat stubble at night flicking our torches on every now and then to make sure we are moving correctly in relation to the big mob of pigs we saw ...... now we just have these levers and straight pulls and malfunction s and it sux
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by aimz » 24 Aug 2019, 1:16 am

so jealous of a mate living in the US. goes and buys a 2nd hand pump for a couple of hundred. no one loses their sh** over it. its just another shotgun.

anyway, these adler straight pulls are cheap, but am i just going to have the ejection issues like the lever? might be worth spending a bit more a get an SHS or dickinson.
aimz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bridgy » 24 Aug 2019, 7:55 pm

I'll be putting a deposit on an all-weather during the week. For $435 and a 5 year warranty I don't think it can go too wrong.

It's certainly no Beretta or Browning but I wouldn't be able to use a nice shotgun for trundling around the scrub without fear of marking it, so it'll work for me!

I reckon treat it like an 'original' Adler, and don't baby it, and it'll be okay!
Bridgy
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by cracker » 24 Aug 2019, 9:00 pm

Bridgy wrote:I'll be putting a deposit on an all-weather during the week. For $435 and a 5 year warranty I don't think it can go too wrong.

It's certainly no Beretta or Browning but I wouldn't be able to use a nice shotgun for trundling around the scrub without fear of marking it, so it'll work for me!

I reckon treat it like an 'original' Adler, and don't baby it, and it'll be okay!

100%, its very cheap very. and treat it mean it should work fine... its a pretty basic design really
compared to an auto5 or a winchester model 12 they are built very cheap indeed, but big deal, still be pretty fun
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sus_scrofa » 27 Aug 2019, 6:39 pm

Here's a locally modified adler option

https://beatonfirearms.com.au/shop/beat ... l-shotgun/

I've herd from my LGS there will be a few new cheapish straight pull 12g shotguns on the market before the end of the year. Maybe it's worth waiting to see which is best for your application and has best warranty etc.
Sus_scrofa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by flutch » 29 Aug 2019, 7:51 pm

Sus_scrofa wrote:Here's a locally modified adler option

https://beatonfirearms.com.au/shop/beat ... l-shotgun/

I've herd from my LGS there will be a few new cheapish straight pull 12g shotguns on the market before the end of the year. Maybe it's worth waiting to see which is best for your application and has best warranty etc.

yeah zaine will sell ya one of them for over 3 times the cost of the new adler straight pull
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by jacobpsayers » 26 Oct 2019, 8:21 pm

does anyone know when applying for a PTA (QLD) for one of the new alder straight pulls what the action is under? the option in the drop box for straight pull is non existent. the only option i can see that is close is bolt?
jacobpsayers
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by meawls » 27 Oct 2019, 1:06 pm

jacobpsayers wrote:does anyone know when applying for a PTA (QLD) for one of the new alder straight pulls what the action is under? the option in the drop box for straight pull is non existent. the only option i can see that is close is bolt?

Bolt mate.
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Ghoatman » 27 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm

meawls wrote:
jacobpsayers wrote:does anyone know when applying for a PTA (QLD) for one of the new alder straight pulls what the action is under? the option in the drop box for straight pull is non existent. the only option i can see that is close is bolt?

Bolt mate.

Can confirm bolt, picked up my tacticool version on Thursday, yet to shoot it though.
Ghoatman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 27 Oct 2019, 2:55 pm

I phoned weapons licencing in Qld. They said bolt action
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.