PARD NV008 LRF

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

PARD NV008 LRF

Post by ramshackle » 19 Aug 2019, 8:19 am

This is the thread for the new version of the PARD NV008. This is the LRF (laser range finder) version, released a few days ago:
https://www.facebook.com/pard.tech/post ... 7?sfnsw=cl

This looks like an ATN X-Sight 4K Pro killer, but a lot depends on the price :huh: . Note that it will however NOT have an inbuilt ballistic calculator like the ATN, so you'll still have to work out your aim points.

Some people will prefer to stay with the cheaper NV008 and have a separate range finder. Others will say: "why have a scope, torch, NV007 and a rangefinder all crammed on a rifle when the NV008LRF will do the job?"

It's the same as old PARD NV008 ..... PLUS:

1. Inbuilt 600M Laser Range Finder
  2. New Reticules
  3. Redesigned Mount
  4. 6.5-26x Magnification
  5. Picture in Picture

The Pard NV008 LRF rifle scope features:

1080P Full colour for daytime use
1080P Night vision mode for night use
600M inbuilt laser rangefinder
6.5x optical magnification and digital 15x zoom function, increases image size target image size.
Multiple reticule choice with aim point graduations.
Built in recording to Micro SD card, records in MP4 format which is compatible with OSX and Windows systems, video can be also played back through viewfinder to analyse shots.
Built in 150yd-200yd illuminator with zoom function from spot to flood and three IR power modes
Built in laser, useful for using as a marker for rangefinding
Recoil rated upto .308 calibre
Runs off a single 18650 battery so you can carry spares and replace in the field very easily
Focusable Dioptre
Built in Wifi system, allows viewing of the device via phone or tablet also allows remote recording, and viewing of all video files stored on micro SD card.
Standby mode from press of power button turns eye display off, prevents spooking of quarry from screen glare if carrying a night
Adjustable brightness and exposure control to allow greater colour and detail during very low light conditions
Weaver rail mounting system.

Package Includes:

Standard NV008 unit
18650 rechargeable battery cell
Carry Case
Weaver rail
1 year warranty

The main benefits of this unit compared to other dedicated rifle scope offerings are:

Full 1080P colour mode for day use, including high resolution 1080P night vision mode for night time vermin control.
Inbuilt high power Illuminator allows viewing past 250yds, keeping weight down, and no additional IR is required under these ranges.
Mildot style reticules with multiple aim points.
Supplied weaver mount for quick fitting and removal.
Lightweight and compact design add minimal weight to your rifle setup.
18650 battery power, economic rechargeable cells cost less than £5 each and can be swapped very easily in the field, no bulky packs required.
Inbuilt recording in MP4 format.
600M inbuilt laser rangefinder
WIFI mode for linking via tablet or phone.

Please post reviews here. So far not for sale as of this date in Australia. I think digital sights like this will soon replace traditional lens sights because of the inbuilt ability for night vision, multiple reticles, and photography.

Note that existing NV008 may see a price drop when this goes on sale! :clap:
Last edited by ramshackle on 19 Aug 2019, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: PARD NV008 LRF

Post by xDom » 19 Aug 2019, 5:38 pm

". I think digital sights like this will soon replace traditional lens sights because of the inbuilt ability for night vision, multiple reticles, and photography."

From what I've read, there's a significant difference in optical clarity between the traditional glass lens and the NV/Digital setups for day time use. Even with the top spec models.
We could be a way off in having the NV stuff replace the glass.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by xDom » 19 Aug 2019, 5:40 pm

Ram, have you checked out this forum?

https://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewforum.php?f=3

You have to sign up to read it but there's heaps of info on there.
A lot of support for the PARD's! They love em'!
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by ramshackle » 19 Aug 2019, 6:20 pm

xDom wrote:From what I've read, there's a significant difference in optical clarity between the traditional glass lens and the NV/Digital setups for day time use. Even with the top spec models. We could be a way off in having the NV stuff replace the glass.

Hmmm ... as hunters are we interested in brilliant visual clarity, like astronomers would be, or photographers, or do we look for a "good enough" view that also offers night shooting, photos & videos, multiple reticles, integral rangefinders, point-of-impact calculations etc? I think the digital stuff is definitely going to take over.

This reminds me of the debates around film vs digital cameras back in 1995-2000. There were many people adamant that digital cameras would NEVER compete with analogue, but today film cameras are mostly just curiosities.

Thanks for the heads up on the UK forum ... will join now.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 19 Aug 2019, 6:47 pm

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary crap
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Aug 2019, 6:51 pm

bigpete wrote:Sounds like a lot of unnecessary crap

Definitely aimed at the "All the gear, no idea" market :lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bills Shed » 19 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm

I agree they will replace the current in house glass scopes but that is a long way off as yet. You need to be serious about night shooting in order to get one and the market there will be small. Not too many rifle ranges open after 5pm in the city.
Me and my spotlight will just keep doing our thing. Maybe when they become a bit more practical I will jump in. I have used this type of stuff in the military and there a very definite limitations to practicality.
Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Bills Shed » 19 Aug 2019, 8:38 pm

I agree they will replace the current in house glass scopes but that is a long way off as yet. You need to be serious about night shooting in order to get one and the market there will be small. Not too many rifle ranges open after 5pm in the city.
Me and my spotlight will just keep doing our thing. Maybe when they become a bit more practical I will jump in. I have used this type of stuff in the military and there a very definite limitations to practicality.
Bill
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by ramshackle » 19 Aug 2019, 9:03 pm

Bills Shed wrote:I agree they will replace the current in house glass scopes but that is a long way off as yet.

I'd say within 10 years most scopes will be digital, making DOPE cards (Data-On-Previous-Engagements) obsolete. This has nothing to do with night shooting, or not much anyway. It's about getting your holdover given to you automagically by the inbuilt rangefinder, and recording media.

Analogue, electronics-free scopes are archaic.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by ramshackle » 19 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm

Okay then bigpete, time to stop using your NV007 :roll:

-----------------------------

Anyway, this is getting off topic. If nobody has the NV008 LRF yet, let's just wait until someone can review it here without thread crapping because of Luddite tendencies.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 19 Aug 2019, 9:34 pm

ramshackle wrote:
Bills Shed wrote:I agree they will replace the current in house glass scopes but that is a long way off as yet.

I'd say within 10 years most scopes will be digital, making DOPE cards (Data-On-Previous-Engagements) obsolete. This has nothing to do with night shooting, or not much anyway. It's about getting your holdover given to you automagically by the inbuilt rangefinder, and recording media.

They will need to improve in leaps and bounds over the next 10 years for your prediction to come true. Some free advice is to get a demonstration with the actual sight you are purchasing before handing over your cash, especially if it is a ATN. Otherwise you will get burnt.

Was "automagically" what you intended to write, that was a good touch.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by ramshackle » 19 Aug 2019, 9:38 pm

Automagically is a word in the Oxford dictionary. I'm aware of the sh!tness of ATN, fully awake to it. And won't buy this new Pard until I see reviews here and on YT, hence this thread.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 19 Aug 2019, 9:52 pm

I had not heard of Automagically, thanks for the education.

It is very appealing that a computer does all your thinking for you but it will not nessessarily have all the information to ensure a successful shot. Myself, I like to have the majority of the input in reading the conditions and making a successful shot.

All the digital scopes I have seen have not impressed me. I would like to see what $5000 to $10,000 gets you because the cheap stuff is a waste of time. I am enjoying reading about your research so please continue.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 19 Aug 2019, 10:18 pm

ramshackle wrote:
xDom wrote:From what I've read, there's a significant difference in optical clarity between the traditional glass lens and the NV/Digital setups for day time use. Even with the top spec models. We could be a way off in having the NV stuff replace the glass.

Hmmm ... as hunters are we interested in brilliant visual clarity, like astronomers would be, or photographers, or do we look for a "good enough" view that also offers night shooting, photos & videos, multiple reticles, integral rangefinders, point-of-impact calculations etc? I think the digital stuff is definitely going to take over.

This reminds me of the debates around film vs digital cameras back in 1995-2000. There were many people adamant that digital cameras would NEVER compete with analogue, but today film cameras are mostly just curiosities.

Thanks for the heads up on the UK forum ... will join now.

Do you own a gun, & have you been in a hunting situation where fine detail & low contrast along with high colour saturation are required to see game in shadows or at great distance in contrasty conditions...?...or ever tried to see any kind of target through mirage with poor quality optics... :lol: :lol: ...
YES...Yes there are a good percenatage of "US" hunters who are, as you put it, "interested in brilliant visual clarity"...and what has astronomy got to do with it...?
They use radio telescopes & record images using varios forms of radiation.
We dont hunt with a series of radio dishes mounted to our rifles in order to capture varios types of radiation so we know the chemical make-up & gasseous atmosphere of what we are about to shoot... :roll:

ramshackle wrote:

Most grateful for that...!!!...no seriously...!!!...all of us shooters on a gun/shooting forum thought a "dope" was someone who gets on a gun forum to...ah...ill leave that there i think...!! :)

ramshackle wrote:

Okay then bigpete, time to stop using your NV007 :roll:

-----------------------------

Anyway, this is getting off topic. If nobody has the NV008 LRF yet, let's just wait until someone can review it here without thread crapping because of Luddite tendencies.

Yes Pete...you need to stop "thread crapping"...i mean how dare you give your opinion on of future hypothetical features on digital night vision in a thread about the future of night vision on a bloody shooting forum...!!!
Crikies Pete--get on an astronomy forum & crap on a miximus gibbus saturn rising moon thread where those comments belong...

FMD...!!!...Is it just me... :unknown: ... :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 20 Aug 2019, 12:29 am

Its not just you
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by ramshackle » 20 Aug 2019, 1:51 am

SCJ429 wrote:I am enjoying reading about your research so please continue.

No, I'm out SCJ. The moderation here is so poor that it's not fun for forum newbies. I don't see why I should put up with the trolling, thread jacking, flaming, stalking and abuse that seems to be the norm here. The resident 'big swinging dicks' are allowed to exercise their puerile spleen and humour without restraint. I've had enough. There are plenty of other forums out there that are better managed.

Incidentally, I actually run a forum on another site, with many more members than here, and I keep a very tight rein on this sort of nonsense. It can destroy a forum if left unchecked.

And of course the future is digital. The US navy has switched out their analogue periscopes for digital, because digital is much better. In my younger years I owned many Sako rifles, had a big collection, hunted often, lots of Leupold glass, but would swap them out in a heartbeat for digital scopes with their advantages.

Cheers then, may use this forum for the occasional Oz-specific question.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 20 Aug 2019, 12:15 pm

Well there'll be one less big chip here now...

Seriously Ramshackle...you are the one who is swinging his dick around here...

...anyone even remotely has a different opinion to you, & decides to join in the discussion & YOU behave in just the way you accuse us (me) of doing...

Noone has hijacked your thread...you have insulted the join-er-in-ers & dont like being challenged on it...!!...im guessing you're an only child who never learnt to share...
If someone else wanted to play & you decided to excercise some power over your toys you packed up & went crying to mummy...!!!

Thats exactly how you're behaving...!!...a spoilt little brat who insists on being the superior intellect & will throw a tantrum if challanged...

And your only defense to a sensible arguement is to insult, patronise & dismiss the person as being stupid...

Thats cslked "projection"...google it...!!!

I strongly doubt you run a bigger forum...if you do, then name it so we can come look at it & all its supremely well behaved robots who just follow ehat you say in complete agreeance with a one person discussion...

Come on...what is the forum & who are you on it...???!!!!

Yet another challenge you'll dismiss i bet...!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Aug 2019, 1:01 pm

Naval periscopes? WTF ??
Think the US attitude of “we rule the world, disagree with me at your peril” is over flowing with this one...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 20 Aug 2019, 1:28 pm

I just saw a bowsight online for about 5oo/ 600 bucks. It’s got a built in rangefinder and illuminated pin that automatically positions itself according to the distance And it has auto triangulation compensation if u are shooting downwards from above in a tree stand. Things have come too far I think sometimes. ...no more stone tipped arrows and wooden bows strung with sinew I think Garmin are making sights for bows now too so u can easily find your original shot position if u are tracking
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Aug 2019, 5:38 pm

Just my op...
Obviously - tech gets cheaper by demand. 60” lcd tv was $10k only a few years ago and now $1k - because not only has tech moved forward / is cheaper but demand continues to want 60” tv’s.
Realistically - how many shooters would spend the high end $ for the top end tech in night vision scopes ? And even after a few years have passed and the tech becomes cheaper - there is a purest ideaology associated with shooting that drives a bit of a wedge between hunting with a robot vs marksmanship skills...so will optics eventually all become digital?? Maybe - but I don’t think it will happen anywhere near as fast as in other areas...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigpete » 20 Aug 2019, 5:46 pm

Someone's a bit touchy hey....
Actually,the pard nv007 does have too many features. I'd happily trade the stupid laser and the digital zoom and the ability to record and link up to Wi-Fi for a better IR torch and better visual clarity.....I just want to see at night without a visible light source,everything else is pretty much an enormous wank
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 20 Aug 2019, 7:06 pm

No doubt scopes will eventually become all digital...but im sure its a while off yet...

Personally for me, id imagine id like the ability to record shots for playback purposes, & digital zoom (depending on resolution) due to my poor eyes, but that dont mean i think anyone with a different opinion is "thread crapping"... :roll:

I hit a fox with another guys 17 hmr last sat night, the scope was on 10 power & the glass was poor quality, & i struggled to see it all properly while the fox was only 120 odd yds away...
Somehow i pulled the shot & hit it in the spine, & so it needed a finisher when i got out to it... :thumbsdown: ...but what was weird was the fox appeared to have shrapnel damage to one of its back legs... :unknown:

The entire shot & result was strange, but with playback id be able to go over it & see what the bloody hell actuslly happened to execute such a novice shot...
_________

Anyway...I bet even the Greens political party wouldnt even have him...thats why he decided to like guns & come here... :lol:... :? :silent:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Aug 2019, 9:20 pm

ramshackle wrote:
SCJ429 wrote:I am enjoying reading about your research so please continue.

No, I'm out SCJ. The moderation here is so poor that it's not fun for forum newbies. I don't see why I should put up with the trolling, thread jacking, flaming, stalking and abuse that seems to be the norm here. The resident 'big swinging dicks' are allowed to exercise their puerile spleen and humour without restraint. I've had enough. There are plenty of other forums out there that are better managed.

Incidentally, I actually run a forum on another site, with many more members than here, and I keep a very tight rein on this sort of nonsense. It can destroy a forum if left unchecked.

And of course the future is digital. The US navy has switched out their analogue periscopes for digital, because digital is much better. In my younger years I owned many Sako rifles, had a big collection, hunted often, lots of Leupold glass, but would swap them out in a heartbeat for digital scopes with their advantages.

Cheers then, may use this forum for the occasional Oz-specific question.

Moderators ! Moderators! Someone call the Mods!!! :lol:
That's the spirit ! Flame the mods for failing to provide us with a safe space, away from the differing and sometimes hurtful opinions of those who think differently to us, were left here to defend ourselves like grown men!! THIS IS A BLOODY TRAVESTY!!!! (tantrums emoji)(crying emoji) :lol:

Ahhh .... thanks for the good belly laugh, I really needed that :thumbsup:

But seriously.
Trust me, it's a great forum, you'll learn to enjoy the freedom. Members take the piss here, push buttons and stir the pot. Normally it stops short of getting too personal.
Most of us resident trolling, thread jacking, flaming, stalking and abuse 'big swinging dicks' who exercise our puerile spleen and humour without restraint genneraly have our say and move on, and if we don't, then a PM to a mod will yeald results.

Don t let it get to ya ramshackle. Keep calm and post on....
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 20 Aug 2019, 9:52 pm

Haha...!...well put OOW...
And i agree... the moderators arent to blame for how we feel...
And no need to leave in a huff ramshackle...
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 20 Aug 2019, 10:09 pm

Damn I thought he would last at least another week
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Bills Shed » 20 Aug 2019, 10:34 pm

Ramshackle is right about digital winning the day in the long run. Just a matter of the technology getting better. There was a time when they said they will never put telescopic sights on a assault rifle. The F88, steyr, is a good example of this happening. When I first used the F88 I thought “ this is fantastic, but I bet they loose their zero”. I was happy to be proved wrong. We smashed those rifles against walls, drowned them and froze them. They worked just fine.
The digital scope will replace the fixed glass scope in time and probably less than ten years but until proven I will spend my dollars on a good loopy.
Plus I truely know they are coming..... I have seen Star Wars...Luke Sky Walker had one!

Bill
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by wanneroo » 20 Aug 2019, 11:51 pm

I don't see fixed glass disappearing anytime soon. It's just like night vision, military is still using analog technology and will be doing so for a while. Digital is heavier and a battery hog.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Blackened » 21 Aug 2019, 11:43 am

Stix wrote:Haha...!...well put OOW...
And i agree... the moderators arent to blame for how we feel...

Your feelings and delicate sensibilities are my top priority, Stix.

(That may be a lie :mrgreen:)
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 21 Aug 2019, 12:40 pm

We should encourage people to post their thoughts and experiences without being judged harshly. Ramjet did promote a bit of discussion around this site and without guys like that it can get very quiet.

People here often complain about their poor experiences when visiting the local range. We need to make sure they don't have another negative experience on this site.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by xDom » 21 Aug 2019, 2:03 pm

Just came back to have a look around.. WTF happened here?! Have you guys been upsetting people?

See, this is why you kids cant have nice things!
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Next

Return to Scopes, sights and optics