Trrrrrrrrrrrust me, I am a bank

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Trrrrrrrrrrrust me, I am a bank

Post by Tiger650 » 20 Aug 2019, 6:51 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-20/ ... l/11429230

My personal super fund got ripped off by Bankers Trust / Westpac for $12K last year, straight up "unconscionable conduct" on their behalf but they have the "regulating authority" [APRA] at heel.

The Royal Commission into behavior of banks was a taxpayer funded feast for Lawyers and things are still headed South for your average honest bloke.

The new crime of "hoarding cash" will be real and if you kick over the traces you could easily go from financially secure to penniless at the whim of a totally unaccountable system.

"Privatization" of Australia's monetary system ex that low ba$tard Keating and other state level fellow travelers who hocked individual state banks and the Commonwealth Bank was treason.

I wonder at the coincidence of all the State Banks becoming unenviable prior to the feds selling the Commonwealth Bank.

The aim is to abolish cash and have us all inseparably hitched to a financial cartel.

Slavery.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Trrrrrrrrrrrust me, I am a bank

Post by Stix » 20 Aug 2019, 7:11 pm

Yes...yes it is...but we already live it...

I hear this afternoon the govt want to make cash transactions over 10k illegal...!!...WTF...!!!

Hows that for railroading us into a corner & giving the banks even more power...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 20 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm

I was sorting out my affairs and found I could cash my super in I made it by a few months.Born 1961 and 58 years old.I have my money with me.I remember super being invented.I am confidant that if everyone tried to cash their super in there is no money there to pay its all a work of fiction
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Aug 2019, 7:26 pm

Soooo.... Most of the "industry" funds got a big tick by the commission. (much to the disgust of the liberal, nationals) It was the other funds that were ripping off the workers.

When will prople realize the lib,nats only look after big bussiness. And them selves of course. Never been any different.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Aug 2019, 7:44 pm

I haven't double checked yet, but I heared they've stopped printing $100 notes.

Cash payments of 10,000 dollars or more is now banned.

That figure will be chipped away at and lowered soon enough.

Basicly the Government knows our fiat dollar is in serious trouble, it's on the brink of collapse and they're fighting hard for maximum financial controll of our lives, you know..." to stop crime and tax fraud."

New "money" is being pumped into the economy at an amazing rate deflating the dollar. Good old QE (quantitative easing)
Heading towards negative interest rates and constant talk of banning cash are all very bad signs for the economy.

Even though it's nice to have the freedom to, hording cash isn't a great thing to do.

Keeping a few months worth is smart, but beyond that, inflation is slowly but surely killing the buying power of your savings.

Mininise debt to avoid paying intrest, Blue ribbon shares that pay a good dividend funny enough bank shares are one of the best and safest here and consider some precious metals as a secure store of wealth.
When our fiat falls on it's proverbial backside, your PM will be worth a fortune.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 20 Aug 2019, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Tiger650 » 20 Aug 2019, 7:45 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Soooo.... Most of the "industry" funds got a big tick by the commission. (much to the disgust of the liberal, nationals) It was the other funds that were ripping off the workers.

When will prople realize the lib,nats only look after big bussiness. And them selves of course. Never been any different.

'Tis all of them Oldbloke, Keating and Joan Kirner were the major offenders, attempting to paint the Libs and Nats as the exclusive bad guys is not credible.

Both "sides" of the Aust political system work for masters other than we, criticism of one lot only shows perhaps naivete or perhaps ignorance or perhaps self interest.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 20 Aug 2019, 8:20 pm

I met a lady who lived in East Germany through the 70s and 80s you reckon you would prefer that can of worms where family members go missing and there is no recourse.How about Brunei where the population are not allowed to dance or drink coke.We have it pretty good here and how easy is it to slate off Politicians
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Aug 2019, 10:13 pm

Omg this thread is funny... it doesn't make sense.

Last time I checked I never seen near 10k in cash in one location.... but what's more funny is what stopping joe kreps his money under his pillow, couldn't he just make 2 payments of $9500 in cash to buy his fancy diamond ring worth 19k....or 9k in cash and 11k including GST via bank transfer
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Aug 2019, 10:22 pm

Ziad wrote:Omg this thread is funny... it doesn't make sense.

Last time I checked I never seen near 10k in cash in one location.... but what's more funny is what stopping joe kreps his money under his pillow, couldn't he just make 2 payments of $9500 in cash to buy his fancy diamond ring worth 19k....or 9k in cash and 11k including GST via bank transfer

Yep Joe can, till they lower the max to 5k... which they will.
The last 2 vehicles I bought were both cash deals, both well over 10k.

Are you happy to selll your vehicle that you paid over 50k for new, and then have to declare that money as income when you sell it privately for 30k and pay tax on it? EFT Or would you rather just get cash and call it a done deal?

How about the old garrage sale? Better pay your tax on that to, it's an income and you can't hide it in a eft. Id rarher get a few folding notes thanks.

It's the pointy end of the wedge, perhaps you'll moan when cash is no longer an option and the power is out or the internet just decided to stop working?

I wouldn't expect most millennials to understand, most of us who received our first pay-packets as a ward of cash certainly do.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Aug 2019, 11:19 pm

Ive Bought a few wrecks over the years to repair and sell to try and gain a few extra dollars here and there...it costs a lot of time and money. If the govt ends up wanting to tax things like personal resales that make money...geeez....black markets will go nuts as will bitcoin transactions!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by gordicans » 21 Aug 2019, 12:00 am

As soon as I found out that banks don't like cash transactions (more labour intensive for them plus a few other reasons) I started doing as many of my transactions in cash as I possibly could. It has the added benefit of making the process of checking your bank statements much much simpler.

Yes oldboy, it's ironic that the government is going after the industry super funds when they are outperforming the retail funds by a large margin. Our political system sucks. Getting rid of political donations and having publicly funded elections would go a long way to helping correct our corrupt system.
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Aug 2019, 7:25 am

Mate specifically private vehicle sales are not included at this time, and I doubt they can stop cash completely, as they earn an income from printing notes (bet you didn't know that). Also I don't think i know many people who would have 50k in cash under their mattres... if you want cash they would have to pull out the 50k from bank and 100% the bank has already notified the withdrawal to AUSTRAC. And will you put that 50k under your mattress? No it will eventually reach the bank, and what are the chances you will want to make 6 trips to the bank to deposit under the 10k current magic limit to report to AUSTRAC. Naa mostly you who'll just make 1 trip deposit 50k and bingo they already knows you got 50k for the car. And btw did you forget that vicroads already notified ATO that person B transferred a vehicle for 50k from you.....ffs making a mountain out of a molehill

As I said you guys are over thinking to much.... remember it's a bureaucracy they don't want to do extra work anyway....and just like guns only law abiding people will do the right thing....ie will not stop the criminals or people with bad intentions as they will work around it.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Aug 2019, 7:33 am

ATO already says it does extensive data matching to identify people who are operating in the black economy.... only if the government gave them extra midsummer to hire people to audit everyone.... in reality every year every government keeps yanking more money out of their budget... so they fire more people every year
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JSS » 21 Aug 2019, 8:30 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

Are you happy to selll your vehicle that you paid over 50k for new, and then have to declare that money as income when you sell it privately for 30k and pay tax on it? EFT Or would you rather just get cash and call it a done deal?

How about the old garrage sale? Better pay your tax on that to, it's an income and you can't hide it in a eft. Id rarher get a few folding notes thanks.

It's the pointy end of the wedge, perhaps you'll moan when cash is no longer an option and the power is out or the internet just decided to stop working?

I wouldn't expect most millennials to understand, most of us who received our first pay-packets as a ward of cash certainly do.

On _one_wheel this claim you're making about a 10k cash withdrawal ban is absolute rubbish. You can withdraw as much as you like, for larger amounts like 10k or over, they just normally ask you for 24-48hrs notice but that's it. The fact is anything over 10k in cash they are required to report it to the ato but that's as far as it goes. I rang them a couple of months back and ordered 30k, they asked if 48hrs was ok and it was there in two days. last year with 24hrs notice i pulled out 80k in cash to but a caravan, we were travelling south on a road trip and decided to buy one while we were down Melbourne way, i wanted extra bargaining power and a quick and easy same day purchase & pickup so cash was best.
I love the idea of cash and use it as much as i can, more people should use it more often or we are going to lose it.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Aug 2019, 8:43 am

Tiger650 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Soooo.... Most of the "industry" funds got a big tick by the commission. (much to the disgust of the liberal, nationals) It was the other funds that were ripping off the workers.

'Tis all of them Oldbloke, Keating and Joan Kirner were the major offenders, attempting to paint the Libs and Nats as the exclusive bad guys is not credible.

Both "sides" of the Aust political system work for masters other than we, criticism of one lot only shows perhaps naivete or perhaps ignorance or perhaps self interest.

Agree. Some are just worse than others. Who introduced super?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JSS » 21 Aug 2019, 8:59 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Tiger650 wrote:

Bob Hawke got it started in the 80's and it was further worked on after that by the Keating govenment.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 21 Aug 2019, 9:07 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Tiger650 wrote:

And who introduced GST...& Medicare...etc..etc...
Why turn this into a politicsl party/labour are better than libs/nats arguement... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 21 Aug 2019, 10:58 am

$10k limit will eventually be reduced to $5k then $2k just like some overseas countries.

the removal of this freedom just forces us all into the corrupt Banking system where they can cream extra fee etc from us all.

Scomo is a loose cannon that needs to be pushed overboard
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Aug 2019, 11:25 am

What does a cashless society look like...? It looks corrupt to me...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by wanneroo » 21 Aug 2019, 11:41 am

Looks like the $10K rule has not been passed yet. I would oppose it at all costs.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JSS » 21 Aug 2019, 1:08 pm

Bill wrote:$10k limit will eventually be reduced to $5k then $2k just like some overseas countries.

the removal of this freedom just forces us all into the corrupt Banking system where they can cream extra fee etc from us all.

Bill when it comes to stuff like this they are all the same, they just wear different coloured ties.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Aug 2019, 8:33 pm

JSS wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

On _one_wheel this claim you're making about a 10k cash withdrawal ban is absolute rubbish. You can withdraw as much as you like, for larger amounts like 10k or over, they just normally ask you for 24-48hrs notice but that's it. The fact is anything over 10k in cash they are required to report it to the ato but that's as far as it goes. I rang them a couple of months back and ordered 30k, they asked if 48hrs was ok and it was there in two days. last year with 24hrs notice i pulled out 80k in cash to but a caravan, we were travelling south on a road trip and decided to buy one while we were down Melbourne way, i wanted extra bargaining power and a quick and easy same day purchase & pickup so cash was best.
I love the idea of cash and use it as much as i can, more people should use it more often or we are going to lose it.

Where did I say 10k withdraws are banned?

I think you've misread my post.

Anyhow, keep up the cash usage.
Like ya said, use it or loose it :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Aug 2019, 10:49 pm

Lol at bill... I was thinking you talking about guns... come on that (scare campaign) argument has been used to many times mate.

But it's ok I keep forgetting I am in a right wing nutter poo fight now.... yes getting in before people call someone here leftward.... sarcasm
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JSS » 22 Aug 2019, 7:57 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Where did I say 10k withdraws are banned?

I think you've misread my post.

Anyhow, keep up the cash usage.
Like ya said, use it or loose it :thumbsup:

Sorry mate my mistake all good :thumbsup: What kind of payments were you talking about when you said
on_one_wheel wrote: Cash payments of 10,000 dollars or more is now banned

EDIT: never mind i just googled it for myself. With all the opposition it's receiving and where it's coming from there's a good chance it won't pass, thankfully.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 24 Aug 2019, 11:24 pm

Just another fellow traveler.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 26 Aug 2019, 8:14 pm

Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 26 Aug 2019, 11:32 pm

This is the sort of stuff that is important to talk about, but it gets very little airplay. As soon as people start asking questions the government funds half a dozen red herrings like the gender debate, vegan farm invasions, or what day Australia day should be. Basic diversionary tactics, throw the mob a few bones and they forget they are hungry for 10 minutes.

Just the loss of penalty rates should have been big news, aka population wide protests. Generations ago, bringing the labour laws into place almost caused a civil war. Its not something that gets taught these days at school, but its an important part of history. Another red herring is politicians expenses. People run about like chicken little because some bird spent a measly 40k on a personal chopper ride, meanwhile no one says anything when the government strips a billion bucks off the population....
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 27 Aug 2019, 5:39 pm

Ahhh humnutbug. This article don't make sense.

Negative interest rates... so they saying we keep money in bank, then we pay the bank a quasi interest rate.

And this is done to simulate the economy (like dripping from 10 to 6%)

How is that supposed to simulate the economy... ohh so I consumer who has 1k in his bank account will spend it on a TV or a GUN with company B or pay %1 per annum in interest..

Ok but who holds the most cash in their bank accounts or under their mattress.... it's actually companies. So the companies holding cash to pay for goods or wages.. will be slugged %1 tax.... that will actually slow the economy cuz you are taking cash from the companies and putting it into banks. So it will actually increase the recession.... and those with money under their mattress will just keep it there

And criminals will goto crown casino and make their black money white
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 13 Jan 2020, 10:10 am

Most reassuring [ref below] plainly it is only silly folk who engage in conspiracy theories as to the motives of the Puppet Masters and their elected lap dogs.

Uneducated folk who probably do not believe the Fable of The Seven League Boots, betcha they do not even possess even one Arts Degree.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-13/ ... a/11858104

Perhaps I was asleep when the MSM informed us of the passage of legislation and prior debate ?
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics