PARD NV008 LRF

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: PARD NV008 LRF

Post by Stix » 21 Aug 2019, 5:52 pm

Blackened wrote:
Stix wrote:Haha...!...well put OOW...
And i agree... the moderators arent to blame for how we feel...

Your feelings and delicate sensibilities are my top priority, Stix.

(That may be a lie :mrgreen:)

Ah so it is a Blackened heart you have... :D
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 21 Aug 2019, 9:01 pm

SCJ429 wrote:We should encourage people to post their thoughts and experiences without being judged harshly. Ramjet did promote a bit of discussion around this site and without guys like that it can get very quiet.

People here often complain about their poor experiences when visiting the local range. We need to make sure they don't have another negative experience on this site.

Well scj...i might sound like a hypocrite, but i agree with you.

However...are you suggesting i, or anyone else shouldnt speak, shouldnt voice their opinion, or shouldnt call out a bully, or bullsh1t when they/it appear/s...?

The bottom line is Ramshackle has, in my eyes bullied & insulted people, & im not sticking up for bigpete, rather all ive done is challenge Ramshackle on his attitude....

Now im more than willing to admit im a little (too) forward in saying what i think sometimes, & maybe ive not put thoughts accross in the most diplomatic way i could have...but seriously...all he (Ramshackle) has done (& Tassie put it best by reading it as 'disagree with me at your peril'), is walk in here, strut up to the microphone & start preeching...& whilst he gives the front of encouraging conversation, when people join in & have a different opinion he shuts them down by way of insulting them & trying to make them look stupid...!!

To use your analogy of the experiences at the rifle range...he has walsed in, claimed a bench from a regular, called a cease fire, dictated how things shall operate, & how thou shall operate their own guns, all the while not actually owning one himself, then when someone has voiced that they dont agree with his opinion, he has patronised & demeaned that person infront of the group...then when another regular speaks up & challenges him on his attitude toward the regulars, he insults everyone (including you...!!), by way of saying-'well im better than you peasants & im off to a better range with better people that allow me to controll them...
(which is all bullsh1t anyway, cos if it were that good there he wouldnt be here to begin with...!!...)

The reality is, im guessing he not only doesnt own a gun, but has stated he doesnt own night vision, yet while giving the perception he is wanting active discussion on Pard night vision, he shuts down one of the only 2 active members in the discussion who actually own one...!!! ...& all because they have a different opinion to what he "thinks" he may have, if one day he ever got around to owning one... :wtf: :unknown:

Well to that i say, go forth, &...& do it quickly...!!!...whats the point of having someone with no experience, ridicule people with the experience... :unknown:

Im sorry we dont get our easily found links to the new Pard for when we want to buy one...but im not sorry for calling a bully cry baby a bully cry baby... :o

There is no need for him to leave...he can be a man & keep posting & have me on his ignore list...hell i dont give a hoot...!!
I just see him as an attention seeking bully, who has a desperate need to have the superior intellect, & will persecute those with a different opinion to hold that throne...
If hes not that type, then he wouldnt leave...simple as that...!!
...just saying what i think with no malice...

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 21 Aug 2019, 9:43 pm

I think you will find that 90% of guys in their 20s and 30s think they know it all and cannot take advice. All you can do is tell them what you have experienced and leave them to make up their own mind. A friend of mine bought some ATN gear, I told him not to, it turns out to be crap and he has wasted $1,500. Will he listen to me next time? Of course not.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 21 Aug 2019, 9:45 pm

I must say that my Dad gave me good advice when I was a young bloke, which of course I ignored.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Aug 2019, 10:18 pm

When I was 17, my dad was a bit stupid and didn't know that much, but bloody hell he got so much smarter as I approached 30...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by budda » 26 Sep 2019, 11:14 pm

I have a Pard n 008 which I just firmware updated to the lrf software and I have an lrf version of the 008 on the way. Brilliant scope. The inbuilt IR is perfect for all airgun shooting. I have also found it works extremely well with my 950 nm laser ir torch. The x sight 4k pales in comparison
budda
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by ratpaker » 04 Oct 2019, 3:12 pm

Hey guys, just joined, I am currently using one of these Pard 008 LRF night vision units and in fact they ARE for sale in Australia via spectra tactical www.spectratactical.com.au they are priced at $1200 delivered to your door by registered post.
The non range finder model is $850 delivered and the clip on unit, the 007 is $650.
All units come with 12 month warranty, are stocked in Australia (Melbourne) and we support and back up, basically, we are hunters too so we use what we sell.
We are also on facebook and happy to fill you in on info you might need.
Cheers, Neil
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 07 Oct 2019, 6:55 am

Blr243 wrote:I just saw a bowsight online for about 5oo/ 600 bucks. It’s got a built in rangefinder and illuminated pin that automatically positions itself according to the distance And it has auto triangulation compensation if u are shooting downwards from above in a tree stand. Things have come too far I think sometimes. ...no more stone tipped arrows and wooden bows strung with sinew I think Garmin are making sights for bows now too so u can easily find your original shot position if u are tracking

Sights on a bow is sacrilegious ;)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 07 Oct 2019, 7:51 pm

ratpaker wrote:Hey guys, just joined, I am currently using one of these Pard 008 LRF night vision units and in fact they ARE for sale in Australia via spectra tactical http://www.spectratactical.com.au they are priced at $1200 delivered to your door by registered post.
The non range finder model is $850 delivered and the clip on unit, the 007 is $650.
All units come with 12 month warranty, are stocked in Australia (Melbourne) and we support and back up, basically, we are hunters too so we use what we sell.
Cheers, Neil

can you give us more of an insight to the pard models and maybe some tweaks that help get the most out of them :drinks:
things like "you should use the 007 with and adjustable objective for better quality vision"
I'm working on the family for xmas :drinks:

and just wondering if there is a discount for buying one off you and mentioning enough gun :lol: :lol: :lol: that is a joke by the way :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 07 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

marksman wrote:
ratpaker wrote:Hey guys, just joined, I am currently using one of these Pard 008 LRF night vision units and in fact they ARE for sale in Australia via spectra tactical http://www.spectratactical.com.au they are priced at $1200 delivered to your door by registered post.
Cheers, Neil

can you give us more of an insight to the pard models and maybe some tweaks that help get the most out of them :drinks:
things like "you should use the 007 with and adjustable objective for better quality vision"
I'm working on the family for xmas :drinks:

and just wondering if there is a discount for buying one off you and mentioning enough gun :lol: :lol: :lol: that is a joke by the way :thumbsup:

Why joke...?...
What about a multi buy discount for members here...ten members each buy one, & i get the eleventh one free...!!... :unknown:
:lol:
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ratpaker » 08 Oct 2019, 1:54 pm

Well, you are correct, the 007 model works better with some scopes than others, Meopta and leupold DONT work well, this is due to them having IR coatings on the lenses so IR light wont pass through.
The factory IR is ok out to about 200 meters but if you add a decent IR torch like a t67mk2, you will get further and better image due to more light being available to the camera.
The 008 is a whole scope, its like an ATN, no optics required, it has 6.5 x as base magnification and one button push takes you to 13 x mag.
It now has picture in picture function if you want to use it, a tiny insert in the viewfinder at 2 x the mag of the main screen with its own tiny, fine crosshair...I don't bother zooming in, use 6.5 and just use the pic in pic to do any fine shooting.
The --8 LRF is the same again but has a built in range finder on the side, displays range in the viewfinder as youre shooting.
With all units, they have built in IR that works ok out to 200 meters but I run an external light to lengthen battery life and give more light.
Using the IR, you get about 2 hours run time, if you switch it off, all night would be nearer the mark.
All units record at 1080i resolution at 30 frames per second, you don't have to record but watching it back later is pretty good!
Really like mine, very impressed with quality and reliability.
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by marksman » 08 Oct 2019, 7:21 pm

thanks ratpaker
it will soon be xmas :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 27 Nov 2019, 7:19 am

Ozzie has not long completed a review of this product for those that are interested. Thinking of one myself as an entry level product.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhwNqmW6aY

On a side note. Pretty average start to this thread.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 28 Nov 2019, 3:54 pm

Sorry for that JimTom...i tried to add a bit of Jazz...but its hard to Jazz at the same level as Dr Ramo...!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 28 Nov 2019, 5:01 pm

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Fair enough mate. :drinks:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 28 Nov 2019, 8:32 pm

Jim Tom. U getting any pigs lately or are you havin some slack time?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 28 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm

Mate unfortunately I missed the last two trips away chasing hogs due to work commitments. Bloody work getting in the way of fun eh.
Won’t get a chance to go again until after the wet. Way to long between drinks mate. A few trips to the range and fishing has kept me partially sane though.

Still thinking a out some night vision stuff though. I typically don’t hunt at night but would like to turn that around. Your adventures have inspired me somewhat mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by NTSOG » 26 Jan 2020, 6:07 am

G'day, I bought a PARD NV008 four weeks ago to relace a night scope that took a whack - It's way off zero - and I can't figure out whether it's the casing/mounts or the internals. Any way the PARD required an adaptor, 11mm dovetail-to-picatinny to fit my old Anschutz .222. I have had, like others, difficult getting it zeroed centrally on both the X and Y reticle axis. I had to shim both the rear of the scope and the left front mounting jaw or clamp to get X and Y somewhere near middle of screen. It's a brilliant scope in terms of light weight and size, clarity and range, day and night, but the mounting brackets are poorly finished in terms of precision. I have fired 25 shots or so for zeroing, but don't yet have any faith that it will hold zero sufficient to be used on live game. I understand some owners have had the cross bolts break, hence getting them to a tension where they will hold without breaking is a concern. In the mean time I keep hunting with my ATN X Sight II and squinting through the 'fog'.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 26 Jan 2020, 9:07 am

I once bought some weaver bases that were supposed to clamp on to a dovetail of my 22 mag but 1 of the 4 screws was already stripped in the thread before I tightened it up so not something I could trust I think dove tails are the type of thing you see mostly on small , low recoling 22 rifles .... as soon as we start adding bigger scopes and attachments the quality of our mounts becomes critically important
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ratpaker » 26 Jan 2020, 3:17 pm

NTSOG wrote:G'day, I bought a PARD NV008 four weeks ago to relace a night scope that took a whack - It's way off zero - and I can't figure out whether it's the casing/mounts or the internals. Any way the PARD required an adaptor, 11mm dovetail-to-picatinny to fit my old Anschutz .222. I have had, like others, difficult getting it zeroed centrally on both the X and Y reticle axis. I had to shim both the rear of the scope and the left front mounting jaw or clamp to get X and Y somewhere near middle of screen. It's a brilliant scope in terms of light weight and size, clarity and range, day and night, but the mounting brackets are poorly finished in terms of precision. I have fired 25 shots or so for zeroing, but don't yet have any faith that it will hold zero sufficient to be used on live game. I understand some owners have had the cross bolts break, hence getting them to a tension where they will hold without breaking is a concern. In the mean time I keep hunting with my ATN X Sight II and squinting through the 'fog'.

Jim

Jim, I've been using a pard 008lrf on my 17 hornet for a few months now and prior to that it was in my 17hmr, neith have big recoil...but holding zero was never a problem.
The units themselves are rated up to 308 Winchester with 130 grain projectiles.
30 INCH pounds (not foot... INCH!) is the recommended torque for the bolts on the pard 008 so as not to break the mounting bolts.
Found these to be the best adaptors to use (you need 2 of them to mount the pard...) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-Scope-W ... SwTa1c46RL

What rifle are you using it on?
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 30 Jan 2020, 2:51 pm

G'day Ratpaker,

Rifle is an old Anschutz 1532 [double or 'set' trigger.] which has been very accurate for me. Calibre .222 Rem.

The issue is that older Anschutz [and even modern Weihrauch] rifles are not 'flat-topped', but rounded so the adaptor you suggested will not fit. I tried a [cheap] Sun Optics and a couple of shorter adaptors which do allow the depth to be secure. In the end I have settled on this from UTG as it offer more bolts and appears better finished:

https://www.kotte-zeller.de/$WS/kotte-z ... 8502_2.jpg

The sight did not sit centred on the rifle using any of the bases alone so shimming was required.

You're the first person who has offered a definitive torque setting for the light weight bolts which do break.

I was able to buy a full length Picatinny adaptor for the Weihrauch which slides then bolts on, but no luck for the 1532.

Thanks for the advice about bolt torque,

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by ratpaker » 31 Jan 2020, 6:12 pm

Jim, you might be best to buy a picatinny rail to suit if you can find one?
Sounds like its a bit of a bugger to fit!
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 31 Jan 2020, 7:41 pm

G'day ratpaker,

I have contacted all sorts of suppliers in the US and Eastern Europe about a full length picatinny rail for the rifle, but no one makes them for that old model.

I'll have to stick with the UTG adaptor,

Thanks for your advice,

Jim.
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics