PTA holdup QLD

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

PTA holdup QLD

Post by Gun nut. » 21 Aug 2019, 9:23 pm

Does anyone know what the problem is with weapons licensing QLD? Been waiting for a PTA to get approved now for 3 weeks. Not happy Jan!!
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: PTA holdup QLD

Post by CAVEMAN » 21 Aug 2019, 9:41 pm

Same situation, mine took 17 days. Just for a lever shotgun. But yet other people are having 2 day turnarounds.

Maybe someone took holidays and didn't tell anyone.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 22 Aug 2019, 8:35 am

They must have run out of peanuts to feed the monkeys that work there again. QWL is a joke and goes from being fairly on top of things to completely useless in the blink of an eye. Then they get a kick in the a$$ and come good for a bit......then back to sh!t.
A couple of months ago i had a some ptas that were done within a week. It seems it's really just the luck of the draw.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 22 Aug 2019, 1:26 pm

Find a hobby to distract yourself. I remember once a physical pta turned up in the post about lunchtime on a fri arv. And a couple of hours later the rifle I was sweating on became available for collection ..I was going hunting for a week that night so sometimes it all just comes together nicely
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Macross » 22 Aug 2019, 2:20 pm

Blr243 wrote:Find a hobby to distract yourself.

Shooting was supposted to be that hobby. I just got back into it and now the waiting is killing me. Someone should warn people not to get into shooting because of the torturous waiting involved. :D
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 22 Aug 2019, 2:26 pm

No wait for me at the moment. Just finished work. A few days of R N R. AND of organising my next trip away. Then a week of pig hunting at my fav place. Then back to the grind of the city and looking for work
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 22 Aug 2019, 3:56 pm

The bloke at my LGS told me WLB are doing a system upgrade, so it could be hit and miss.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by CAVEMAN » 22 Aug 2019, 4:26 pm

That sounds about right on the system update. Either that or two many of you esteemed people are splurging your tax checks away.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by snag » 22 Aug 2019, 5:56 pm

My local gun shop wallah reckons he sells shedloads of guns just before and during EKKA to country folk coming in for the show. Means lots more PTA's to process I guess. Could be a factor?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation