fundraiser for 365 precision training legal fighting fund

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: fundraiser for 365 precision training legal fighting fun

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Sep 2019, 11:11 pm

AAH geez there has been a long healthy sometimes warm debate so far, no one has lost an eye so lets not spoil it by taking sides and pointing fingers lets just respect each others opinions even though sometimes those opinions are boarder line this whole thing will take its coarse and will be fine so lets let sleeping dogs lay and get on with things life's too short cheers gents and ladies :thumbsup: :) ;) :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Sep 2019, 7:30 am

In vic, we definitely have had a big increase in armed invasions, car jacking and even shootings over the last 5/8 years..but the question is

Have other states esp QLD or NSW had similar issues?

I think the increase of the incidences have also coincided with the general increase in drug use and the acceptance of the government that its ok to be a druggie... its not your fault

Edited to make clearer
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Sep 2019, 7:55 am

I'm a bit off post but yes Ziad you pretty much said it all same up here in our small city (town) law sways to diminished responsibility because of their addiction it all starts with good Samaritans trying to help these people by giving them a break to them using it to avoid punishment there is a person up here that has avoided imprisonment on several occasions because of his love affair with ''ice'' not sure if this is done elsewhere but it did here
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 21 Sep 2019, 5:12 pm

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 21 Sep 2019, 6:54 pm

There you go it makes the mind boggle ''Verbal'' accusations by the commission I think if Mitch and his staff had done anything wrong they would be charged or at least be given the charges in writing instead of verbal forgive me if i'm wrong but I thought that's the way the law worked to shut or stop something of that type would have a long paperwork trail to prove the accusations toward Mitch and crew . Keith wrote a little post under the read and I think he has a point ya know it might be as simple as a way for the police commission of NSW to see how far they can push their agenda by using Mitch his business and his crew as cannon fodder and if that's the case then it's ''SHAMEFUL'' just goes to show you can put your life on the line for a country and be treated like this when you return best of luck to him and his crew
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 01 Oct 2019, 5:12 pm

A further update -
Hi Guys,

Latest update to this situation, we are still talking to registry and it seems the biggest issue now is that we are being told we now have to shroud targets to prevent recoil from steel being impacted.
As this has never been an issue in the past nor has it been brought up before we are fighting this, we have been instructed by registry that there has been no changes to the range RDA or legislation and that no restrictions have been put in place. But we now must shroud steel, the reason we were given is that I changed my target hangers from being solid mounted to swinging.
This has no different affect then the hard mounted targets, in fact from my research a swinging target is more likely to deflect the projectile down to the ground after absorbing most the impact in the swinging back motion.
If there has been no change to legislation and range RDA then why do we need to shroud steel.

I even have in writing from them in 2017 when I asked the question, do we need to shroud steel targets on the range. The answer I got was -

We have looked at the original range RDA and it does include hard targets, therefore you do not need to shroud such targets on the range.

So why now has it changed when the original range approval was for steel targets, nothing legislation wise has changed. This does not make sense to me so we are pushing. Thanks for all the support, we will see where this leads.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 01 Oct 2019, 5:59 pm

and what do they expect the shrouds to do :lol:
it sounds like they have employed some ssaa guys who think they can control a ricochete :lol:

as I said earlier after the ssaa little river ricochete incident I was a person at the meeting held by the ssaa when an invited expert from the armed forces got up and explained how a ricochete works and his advice was that you cannot control a ricochete and that the projectile has already ricocheted before the swinging target moves :wtf: following his advise shrouds would be useless and as I said after this bloke left we were all told by the ssaa operations manager at that time to disregard everything we had just heard :crazy: obviously he could not take that news to the vic lrd :o the expert said that the only control you have over a ricochete is distance and it was agreed that 200 meters was sufficient for there main public range but the sub clubs would not change and they still shoot as close as 5 meters at swinging steel targets,
I think the 200 rule was a number they came up with because that is what they do at interstate ranges :lol:

its a real shame I dont have contact with this army expert as his credentials hold up in court
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 01 Oct 2019, 7:25 pm

You’ve only got to look at tracer ricochets to see how they react...

I wonder if a compromise can’t be reached to satisfy the buffoons...even knock off Kevlar fabric on the sides of targets via a basic framework or what ever - just to get these ducks off his back and move on...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by sungazer » 01 Oct 2019, 9:53 pm

I know the guy feels like he is being singled out and picked on.However If it were me I would be making small sheds or tunnels out of railway sleepers and small just big enough to have the steel target at the back of probably the full length of a sleeper 8-9 ft. As others have said work with them not against. Trying to fight against it will just cost money and wasted time. There is still going to be one more obstacle in his way. That is they are restricted to 8mm so no 338 cal or similar. The other option if the range complies get the range certified for larger cals than the 308 and other 30 cals.

In NSW they have as in the NSW Police an 81 page document on Range Users Guide actually a step by step guide on how to build the different types of ranges the danger zones or in reverse the saftey zones that are required for each type of sport / gun.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 01 Oct 2019, 10:13 pm

The range is (was) certified for what he requires. He built the place in line with stipulated requirements - he was 110% compliant.
He also feels likes he’s fighting hypocrites...he has a letter stating shrouds were not required as part of his certification ...but now they are...
What’s to stop them changing the goal posts again...if this gent has to shroud his targets, why wouldn’t everyone who is doing similar...?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by perentie » 02 Oct 2019, 7:14 am

Here in QLD years ago ,I wanted to put a couple of steel hangers in front of the full bore mantlet for blackpowder lead bullet shooting. They said OK but to put them in a bunker.. I stacked some old railway sleepers behind , on each side and on top, pushing up some dirt behind as well., and all was good. The sides are in front of the swingers by about a foot. So far so good.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 02 Oct 2019, 2:05 pm

I really dont think these guys can work in with FAR :wtf: that's how they got here dont you think :roll:

I've seen how range managers go weak in the knees because they were getting a visit :crazy:
although they full well know everything is the way it is supposed to be :roll:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 31 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

So an update to this - the school is back in full operation with no new restrictions and still allowed to shoot steel.
Someone posted earlier that this couldn't happen...well...it can and it does and more than likely, there will be no retribution to FAR - despite this debacle no doubt costing serious time and money.
Its absolute bull$%t that they can pull this crap.

All,
We are extremely happy to announce that we are back open for business, the range is back to normal operations.
We sincerely are so thankful to everyone who has donated to help fund our legal team and offer assistance. We could not of done it without you !
We are back to resuming as normal shooting steel on the range with no new restrictions, since we did not have to go to NCAT and this has now been settled we have put it to our doners on what should be done with the money and we are going to respect and follow through with their wishes. We had 50/50 results on locking the money away for any future fights and to spend some money on the range for the range owners and to make life more comfortable for all students and attendees.
We will be following through with this, while we conduct this work we won’t be running any courses. We will be adding new dates very soon for 2020 in which we will be a big year for us, if you missed out or are still awaiting your course please make contact with us and we will book you in.
Once again thank you so much to everyone for their support and patience, it’s been a long road of ups and downs over the last 6 months but in the end we/you got the result !
We look forward to opening the doors and get back to doing what we love, long range shooting.
We will see you on the range !!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 31 Oct 2019, 2:52 pm

Nice he gets to keep the money... and spend it on his business (factory fitout).... i am sure someone else would be thinking that.

I don't really care... except nsw police state won't allow my guns in their anyway
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 31 Oct 2019, 3:17 pm

Ziad wrote:Nice he gets to keep the money... and spend it on his business (factory fitout).... i am sure someone else would be thinking that.

I don't really care... except nsw police state won't allow my guns in their anyway

:unknown: :unknown: Please explain :?:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 31 Oct 2019, 3:25 pm

Apart from my 22lr all my rifles are pistol grip military appearance, plus some are folding stock..... no way i can ever goto his training school.

The first part was a sarcastically unfunny dig
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 31 Oct 2019, 3:38 pm

Ziad wrote:Apart from my 22lr all my rifles are pistol grip military appearance, plus some are folding stock..... no way i can ever goto his training school.

The first part was a sarcastically unfunny dig

Pistol grip military appearance are fine in NSW, any stock that allows altering the overall length of a rifle is not though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 31 Oct 2019, 5:34 pm

l'm very happy to hear it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
thanks for all the updates ect Tassie, your a good bloke :drinks: :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 31 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm

That’s good news glad they had a win
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 31 Oct 2019, 9:14 pm

I didnt get right into the nitty gritty of it all, but this is a great result for us...us being the broader shooting community...!!

Its also good to see a follow-up on such an issue...
Both thanks, & good on you for posting up the latest Tassie... :thumbsup:

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Nov 2019, 12:58 am

Massive win !

Bloody great news.

Insert party song
https://youtu.be/X70VMrH3yBg
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel