Cat H First PTA

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Cat H First PTA

Post by fitchaj » 03 Oct 2019, 5:51 pm

G'day all. Was wondering if anyone can help me regarding a PTA for a Cat H.
I have completed my Cat H licence applications and am in the process of waiting for that.
I went online to do a PTA and can't for the life of me find the following form it is asking for
"Club Approval for Acquisition of a Pistol"

I sent an email to weapons licensing and they sent me through a form 15A which seems to be the form
I'd need to fill out if I wanted to start a whole new bloody shooting club. I figured they are as useful as tits
on a bull and would ask you lot if you know where I can get the proper form.

Cheers!
fitchaj
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Cat H First PTA

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 03 Oct 2019, 6:27 pm

Are you a member of a hand gun club. Ask your club contact. Or maybe a local gunshop.

I am unsure in qld, but in vic you are probationary for 6 months before you can apply for a pta and in the 6 months you have to do a certain number of shoots (matches), then your club gives you a letter to support your application.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Oct 2019, 6:59 pm

fitchaj wrote:G'day all. Was wondering if anyone can help me regarding a PTA for a Cat H.
I have completed my Cat H licence applications and am in the process of waiting for that.
I went online to do a PTA and can't for the life of me find the following form it is asking for
"Club Approval for Acquisition of a Pistol"

I sent an email to weapons licensing and they sent me through a form 15A which seems to be the form
I'd need to fill out if I wanted to start a whole new bloody shooting club. I figured they are as useful as tits
on a bull and would ask you lot if you know where I can get the proper form.

Cheers!

Are the Police referring to a specific form, or do they just want a letter from your club supporting your PtA?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 03 Oct 2019, 7:13 pm

The QLD process is outlined here:

http://pistolshootingqld.org.au/assets/ ... 202016.pdf

Your pistol club are best placed to advise you and provide any additional forms that you need, if something needs to be signed by them they should be able to provide the form for you.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 03 Oct 2019, 8:46 pm

Your club will need to provide and approve the acquisition form. I doubt they will provide one until your licence is approved.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Chinballs » 08 Oct 2019, 11:17 am

There is no specific form, that is why OP can't find it. Just ask your club for a letter and they will give you what you need.

8x57 wrote:Your club will need to provide and approve the acquisition form. I doubt they will provide one until your licence is approved.

They can and do. In QLD you can apply for both a license and PTA at the same time and the waiting periods run concurrently. The club letter just says the applicant is a financial member of the club and it has to have barrel length, mag capacity, calibre and the genuine reason (ie what match will it be used in) of the intended purchase. The applicant can use the reference number from their license application in place of a license number on the online PTA application.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws