Need a definitive answer re Sako 75 trigger.

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Need a definitive answer re Sako 75 trigger.

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Nov 2019, 8:32 pm

I have googled and looked at a myriad of supposed info but non e of them give a clear and decisive answer.
I have a Sako 75 Hunter with what I believe is the standard factory trigger.

I would like to have it lightened from the ? factory (I'm led to believe, 4lb) to approx 2 1/2 to 3 lb.

Many responses to similar questions on various overseas forums start out like you think your getting somewhere,,,,
but then degrades into discussions about why someone would need to lighten a trigger on a hunting rifle, or they start waffling about
aftermarket triggers.
But,, nowhere is a simple yes or no answer as to whether they can be lightened or not.

Can anyone help me out ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Need a definitive answer re Sako 75 trigger.

Post by Blr243 » 06 Nov 2019, 9:38 pm

Your gunsmith will tell u if he can or can’t do something with it And a definite answer from him means more than anyone else rattling on
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 06 Nov 2019, 9:59 pm

Ask Beretta Aust
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 06 Nov 2019, 10:20 pm

pretty much all standard trigger styles can be haired pretty extensively, depends on the skill and willingness of the people doing it.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by pomemax » 06 Nov 2019, 10:23 pm

Yes you can I just took mine back to 4lb I had it at 1.5 was a bit light https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/S5960112
the grub screw with the dot of blue loctite on it winding it out makes it lighter pull winding in makes harder you cant take it all the way out it should hit the cap head screw that attaches it you action
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 06 Nov 2019, 10:54 pm

s**t f*** 4lb lol I only run triggers higher than 1lb on my scrub and shot guns... a fly could piss on my 223 trigger and set it off lol.... as for my 270 that would be a shade under 1lb... cant stand spotlighting with heavy triggers, theres enough garbage going on in the ute with people moving about, fuel sloshing in tanks, wind, dust in my eyes, people talking loud making the foxes and s**t move instead of sitting etc... last thing I want is some heavy ass trigger with a tonne of creep in the equation, I'm all about removing variables not adding them.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Nov 2019, 7:53 am

flutch wrote:s**t f*** 4lb lol I only run triggers higher than 1lb on my scrub and shot guns... a fly could piss on my 223 trigger and set it off lol.... as for my 270 that would be a shade under 1lb... cant stand spotlighting with heavy triggers, theres enough garbage going on in the ute with people moving about, fuel sloshing in tanks, wind, dust in my eyes, people talking loud making the foxes and s**t move instead of sitting etc... last thing I want is some heavy ass trigger with a tonne of creep in the equation, I'm all about removing variables not adding them.

Just as long as you don't end up removing yourself or a mate.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Nov 2019, 7:54 am

Thanks to all fellahs :thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 07 Nov 2019, 10:10 am

Drop the mag out, look inside the well at the back, small allen key,( cant remember the size ) turn one way for lighter, the other for heavier.
I could go out to the gun room and confirm what size and which way on one of mine but can't be bothered, sorry. ;) :drinks:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 07 Nov 2019, 10:14 am

I made mine up to about 4lb when I placed the but on the ground and shot the sky .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 07 Nov 2019, 10:48 am

Die Judicii wrote:
flutch wrote:s**t f*** 4lb lol I only run triggers higher than 1lb on my scrub and shot guns... a fly could piss on my 223 trigger and set it off lol.... as for my 270 that would be a shade under 1lb... cant stand spotlighting with heavy triggers, theres enough garbage going on in the ute with people moving about, fuel sloshing in tanks, wind, dust in my eyes, people talking loud making the foxes and s**t move instead of sitting etc... last thing I want is some heavy ass trigger with a tonne of creep in the equation, I'm all about removing variables not adding them.

Just as long as you don't end up removing yourself or a mate.

not likely, dont chamber a round till im about to shoot so little to no risk there
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 07 Nov 2019, 11:36 am

Gamerancher wrote:Drop the mag out, look inside the well at the back, small allen key,( cant remember the size ) turn one way for lighter, the other for heavier.
I could go out to the gun room and confirm what size and which way on one of mine but can't be bothered, sorry. ;) :drinks:

Ive never seen in a 75, but from memory the 85 is a 2.5mm hex key & clockwise is heavier...

For the 85 i just pull em out of the stock--way less fiddly...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Gunsmithing