pard nv007 for chrissy

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

pard nv007 for chrissy

Post by marksman » 14 Jan 2020, 10:06 pm

l am in total awe at this moment :o

l received my late xmas present today from spectra tactical the pard nv007

l really dont have time at the moment to go through it except to say it is amazing, truly amazing and so are the guys from spectra tactical

it really is so much more than l expected, so much better than my other night vision adventures for way more coin

IMHO if you are thinking about dropping some cash on one of these just do it, Paul from spectra looked after me giving me a very good deal

there will be more about this to come :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: pard nv007 for chrissy

Post by Stix » 14 Jan 2020, 10:11 pm

Ive been waiting in great anticipation marksman... :P ...& this is all youve got for me... :problem:

:lol:
Looking forward to hearing about it..& seeing it in action...

id look into it & no doubt het one if money were more abundant for me...

:)
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ferrisweil » 14 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm

Can’t wait to see some images/footage if possible.
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 15 Jan 2020, 7:04 am

Told you all so.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 15 Jan 2020, 8:28 am

There he is...despite being big, cant see him without a Pard...lol
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 4:03 pm

yes you did pete and that had a lot to do with me getting it, thankyou :drinks:

a couple of years ago l tried a different brands night vision scope, it cost more than double what the pard nv007 has cost me with insurance and postage
l wasn't sure about getting it because after much research on my previous effort, seeing all the reviews and u-tube vids when l got it l realised l had bought an unfinished item, meaning it was this company's second attempt with a few upgrades that still was in a testing phase
l also learnt that the u-tube vids for this product were made by sellers of the product and they were biased in their opinion anyway l got rid of it quicksmart to my pro shooter boss who l told l did not want to sell it to but after he told me l could not get it working because l am not a pro shooter l gave no discount :lol:

so what l have seen so far, the service l got from Paul at Spectra Tactical is 100% knowledge of the product, very very helpful and gave a great deal :thumbsup:
http://www.spectratactical.com.au/gener ... -in-stock/

this is what the unpackaged pard nv007 looks like

l've had a good look at the buttons and they are pretty simple really, you could use it as a night vision monocular then put it on the scope very quickly

l had a good play with it last night as a monocular using no zoom the tree l was looking at 100 meters away was crystal clear to me using the onboard ir
we have a lot of smoke haze at the moment but in pitch black darkness l think at that distance l would have had no trouble picking out the shape of an animal no worries and l mean without seeing eye shine, the sight picture was not grainy like the previous night vision l tried it was crystal clear
at 200 meters l picked up eye reflection of a cat but the shape was not very clear, with another ir torch l'm sure it would be better

l have found one thing l cant get working so far in that the TF card slot wont let me insert an SD card,
l thought they are the same but maybe l am wrong about that, if someone has any idea on that can you put it up
the manual says to use a TF card but the menu says to insert an SD card :unknown:
l'll give Paul a ring tomorrow :unknown:

l will be getting out and using it in the next few days it would be good to post up some photos of shots but anyway when l have more to put up l will :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

Enjoy the toy mate, my last toy i still haven't played with. Ahhh well February is another month.

But i will suggest be very careful, and do not look into their illuminator, or you will lose your eyesight. Lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 15 Jan 2020, 4:41 pm

mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 15 Jan 2020, 4:56 pm

I still need to get a decent scope for mine.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

thanks ziad :thumbsup:

l agree mch :thumbsup:

optisan is what Paul from Spectra tactical recommended to me pete, but he said usually anything with the orange/brouny coloured objective lens will work
he said the greeny coloured objectives are the ones that may have trouble but as you have advised definitely ao adjustable :drinks:
l have set it up with a mate to try a couple of scopes as all mine have the greeny objective although l am going to try one tonight and post what l can see :drinks:

so anyway my wife had a look at the sd card problem and its not a problem now, hmmmm dont you hate that :roll:

here is a photo from the pard of the smoke haze and view from the side of my house showing the tree at 100 meters that l was looking at

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 15 Jan 2020, 7:10 pm

Mate just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you went for the Pard007 over the new 008 model?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm

l went for the nv007 because l wanted the flexibility of being able to put it on different rifles and because l was sh!t scared l would be throwing my money away thinking it would be no different than my other night vision exercise
TBH l really think the 008 would be better than l am finding this one but it is a dedicated scope and l am very happy with this so far

l have just tried the nv007 in the dark at the tree 100 meters away

first is my vx2 leupold @ 6x in daylight around the best l could get it, it is not mounted as solid as could be and has the green coloured objective

now at the same tree but a bit more fiddling on the objective for a clear picture

this is my vortex ffp @ 6 x at the same tree, it has the green objective as well and l probably could have played with it a bit more

l am finding the eye relief different to what l am used to and you need to be straight behind the rifle to get a good sight picture
l am going to try shifting one of the scopes forward more to see how that is but l'm sure l will get it a little more comfortable
are there any hints there pete :unknown: l have it setup on a bench at the moment l think it would feel better prone or from the car window :thumbsup:
and l will be trying the pard on some of my mates different scopes in the next few days :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 15 Jan 2020, 9:38 pm

Looks good marksman... :)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 10:25 pm

still the first play Stix and l reckon l can get it heaps better
the photos show what l am seeing as clearly, plenty good enough at 100

l forgot that my son has a nikko stirling on his slug gun it has a very small objective but l thought l'd try anyway, its at about 4 power

l've still got a bit of learning about the adjustments and there is quite a bit of smoke haze about but for a first play it is good :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 16 Jan 2020, 6:02 am

The eye relief thing I thought to over come by using a slip on recoil pad to extend stock length temporarily
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 11:39 am

lucky l have one and l reckon it will work :thumbsup: trying it on the brno zkw 465 that has a very short stock

another thing to consider is bolt throw as l always try and get my scopes as low as l can so it inhibits pushing the scope forward
l also turned the sleeve around for better bolt clearance and because l asked for the 45mm l had to pack the gap with cardboard, it is sturdy
if l decide that this scope is the one l will make a proper packer or just buy the right size sleeve
l honestly think l would be better off with a different scope but l realised today that my previous photos on the scopes were done with the ocular set at 200 clear when l am aiming at 100 so l will give it another crack tonight with the leupold and see
l cant use the pard on my 22 dasher because of the very long bolt throw unless l use higher mounts, some things to consider anyway

the leupold @ 12x daytime same tree

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Jan 2020, 12:19 pm

Hey marksman...
That chromatic aberration happening there...
Is that on your scope, or is that from the pard...?

I imaging it wont make a difference st night, but im just curious if its the optics of the pard...

Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 1:06 pm

had to look that up and learn a bit Stix, your a smart fella :thumbsup:

l dont see it from the scope so l would say it is the pard Stix, it is also not as obvious in lower powers than the 12x
l think it will be ok in the night vision mode because even though the ocular lens wasn't set properly it seemed pretty clear but that was at 6x
l will have a look tonight but thanks for bring that up :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Jan 2020, 1:46 pm

No worries...
eouldnt call it being smart...but i dont hear that too often so ill tske it... :lol:
A backround in the proffedional photographic arena did that to me...id rather not see some stuff that i do--then id be happy with all my cheap scopes... :lol:

By the way Im not picking...
As i said its not likely to make a diff at night...

I wonder if its got something to do with the infrared stuff...

Given its a night vision type unit i guess they can save money in not spending big on lenses for colour rendition...

My Zeiss conquest HD5 is real bad for it...
Very disapointing for a $1500 scope...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 3:03 pm

no worries Stix l'm glad for you or anyone to jump in with any info that may help :drinks:

so l've added enough to the rear so l can just have my shoulder in a comfortable position, l may be able to upgrade what l've done but l am happy that this does work for me from prone at 12x ranged @ 100m, that is the standard l have set for myself
it has to be remembered that this is not a recommended scope, l'm happy so far but l am still learning :thumbsup:

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 8:38 pm

and here is the night time pic, not pitch black but dark enough

now l need to take it out and see what its like on rabbits at 100 max but l'm pretty sure even with this scope it will be fine

one thing l did figure out was that after you have set the ocular and the reticle adjustment to that scope from the pard you only need to adjust the objective for clarity when putting it back on :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 17 Jan 2020, 2:21 pm

It'll be fine. I've knocked a few out to that far
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Tilb004 » 17 Jan 2020, 2:45 pm

Hi marksman

I'm new to forum and have read some good posts on here .
Just to let you know I have a pard 007 and love it .
I have a armasight vampire as well and it's not a patch on the pard .
$ 1300 compared to $ 700.
They talk about not putting the pard on a expensive scope but I have one on a nightforce shv ffp 4-14 x 50 and it works great .
Can see foxes out at 300 + meters but wouldn't be confident to take the shot .
I have a armasight ir light which I got with the vampire and put a doubler on it to get more distance .
Have a 22 lr with a nikon 2-9 x 40 and it works ok but it doesn't have side focus which is essential or ao.
Have fun with the pard

Cheers
Tilbs
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by ratpaker » 17 Jan 2020, 10:31 pm

Glad youre enjoying the pard 007, they are a great unit for the money.
Im Neil by the way, the "other" half of spectra tactical.
Paul and I both use these units regularly, we aren't just sales men for pard, we use and believe in the quality of the pard products.
Lots of foxes have fallen to my pard 007 equipped 17hmr, and now with a pard 008lrf on a savage 17 hornet, the count is only going to get higher!
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 18 Jan 2020, 5:37 am

Mate I am not being critical, however do you find that setup with the Pard007 a little cumbersome?
I can definitely see the benefit of being able to put it on several other rifles though, which is as you suggested, the main reason you went for the 007 over the 008.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 18 Jan 2020, 8:24 am

The pard nv007 weighs nothing and fits in your top pocket...they're hardly cumbersome
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 18 Jan 2020, 9:40 am

bigpete wrote:The pard nv007 weighs nothing and fits in your top pocket...they're hardly cumbersome

Have a look at the photo of it when fitted to the scope. Makes the setup look like it’s quite long mate. Was just asking the question, not being critical.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 18 Jan 2020, 10:11 am

it does look cumbersome JimTom but its really not, it would be better if l could put the scope higher and move it forward

what l have done on the 17 ackley is very easy to transfer to another rifle
it would be the bee's knees on a 22 but it will also go on bigger than the 17

where l reckon it is going to really shine against the 008 is that l can remove it and use it as a monocular till ready to use mate
it really is seconds to put back on and easy as, l am expecting to see bigger rabbits in the field ;)

l've just got to get out and use it but l'm to busy at the moment. maybe next week :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 18 Jan 2020, 10:44 am

Never even thought of removing and using as a monocular. To be honest mate I was a bit perplexed as to why someone would go with the 007 instead of the 008, the later being an all in one integral unit.
I can definitely now see the benefits of the 007 given it’s versatility. Nice one mate. I see your wisdom has far exceeded mine in this case. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 18 Jan 2020, 11:40 am

Tilb004 wrote:Hi marksman

I'm new to forum and have read some good posts on here .
Just to let you know I have a pard 007 and love it .
I have a armasight vampire as well and it's not a patch on the pard .
$ 1300 compared to $ 700.
They talk about not putting the pard on a expensive scope but I have one on a nightforce shv ffp 4-14 x 50 and it works great .
Can see foxes out at 300 + meters but wouldn't be confident to take the shot .
I have a armasight ir light which I got with the vampire and put a doubler on it to get more distance .
Have a 22 lr with a nikon 2-9 x 40 and it works ok but it doesn't have side focus which is essential or ao.
Have fun with the pard

Cheers
Tilbs

hey Tilbs
l have read a review that actually says to use a bigger ir torch for better clarity with the more expensive scopes
these pards have a big following and since buying the nv007 l can see why
very happy :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Scopes, sights and optics