Local gun shop closures with COVID shutdown

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Local gun shop closures with COVID shutdown

Post by Zappa » 23 Mar 2020, 10:58 am

Are they considered 'essential services' for NSW, VIC and the ACT who have imposed a shutdown ?

Do they come strictly come under sport and recreation ? if so, how are we going to feed our families if we rely on game.

edit: My local pistol club and range has shutdown as there was no clear determination between outdoor and indoor classifications.
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Shutdown COVID - Local Gun Shops

Post by bladeracer » 23 Mar 2020, 12:17 pm

Zappa wrote:Are they considered 'essential services' for NSW, VIC and the ACT who have imposed a shutdown ?

Do they come strictly come under sport and recreation ? if so, how are we going to feed our families if we rely on game.

edit: My local pistol club and range has shutdown as there was no clear determination between outdoor and indoor classifications.

Anybody that relies on game surely keeps a few weeks of ammo on hand?
What ammo do you need?

I've had messages from shops I deal with telling me they're still open, but it can change at any time - if you need anything get it now while you can.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Zappa » 23 Mar 2020, 12:22 pm

Not at the moment. But if meat shortages appear in the supply chain - I'll be out there trying to fill the bag.

Mostly gun powder and projectiles to fill the .223's. And of course,if the thing ratchets up and we go into lock down - then its a moot point for the CIty folk and urbanites.
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 23 Mar 2020, 1:33 pm

I have a small stockpile ready for if the day comes the shops are shut down. Tried to fill the freezer weekend just past to no avail didn't see a thing. I Have always been a person that budget permitting will buy ammo and components only when the products are cheap. Testing times ahead the economic damage that this virus has could be a end for many a shop be it convenience or gun shops.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Mar 2020, 6:35 pm

Well the shutdown fizzled. Now it's only churches, schools, restaurants, clubs etc. Little river is open next weekend so you can get stuff there...i recon most Melbourne metro gun shop will be open
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by snag » 23 Mar 2020, 6:54 pm

Qld is now in lockdown and my local range has closed for the duration. I have been told that all indoor pistol ranges will also have to close. I'm just wondering if Weapons Licensing will cut some slack to pistol owners who may not get their mandatory number of comp shots in because they can't go to a range?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Mar 2020, 7:22 pm

Victoria. Issied today.

Vic non essential.jpg
Vic non essential.jpg (622.16 KiB) Viewed 5696 times

Sooo gun shops ok. BUT still must abide by the 2.5 or 4 square metre rule
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by redtape » 23 Mar 2020, 7:31 pm

Shutdown the pistol ranges, but the brothels are still allowed to operate. That makes sense, governments pandering to bikie bosses running the brothel and giving a hard time to LAFO.
redtape
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 23 Mar 2020, 7:46 pm

redtape wrote:Shutdown the pistol ranges, but the brothels are still allowed to operate. That makes sense, governments pandering to bikie bosses running the brothel and giving a hard time to LAFO.

Brothel's are illegal so they dont exist...so therefor youre bangin on about nothin...!!... :lol: :drinks:

But in all reality, this runs far deeper than bikie bosses running businesses laundering cash through coke cut down to nothin & meth full of everything but PE... :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 23 Mar 2020, 8:03 pm

Stix wrote:[quote="redtape"Shutdown the pistol ranges, but the brothels are still allowed to operate. That makes sense, governments pandering to bikie bosses running the brothel and giving a hard time to LAFO.[/quote

Brothel's are illegal so they dont exist...so therefor youre bangin on about nothin...!!... :lol: :drinks:

But in all reality, this runs far deeper than bikie bosses running businesses laundering cash through coke cut down to nothin & meth full of everything but PE... :)

In what state are brothels illegal? Plenty in Perth.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 23 Mar 2020, 8:21 pm

Advice apparently given to SSAA Vic in relation to Victorian Handgun Licence holders:

The full impact of COVID-19 is still developing and the extent and nature of any future impacts are still unknown.

LRD are monitoring the situation carefully and are fully aware of the impact this may have on clubs and licence holders. I further advised our options may include partial modifications or full exemptions across the whole target shooting cohort; or apply case by case assessments depending on the extent of any isolation measures put in place. It just too early to tell.

If and when we make any decisions we will communicate with clubs and affected licence holders.

Regards

Andrew GLASSENBURY | Acting Senior Sergeant | Regulation Support Unit | Licensing & Regulation Division
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 23 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm

snag wrote:Qld is now in lockdown and my local range has closed for the duration. I have been told that all indoor pistol ranges will also have to close. I'm just wondering if Weapons Licensing will cut some slack to pistol owners who may not get their mandatory number of comp shots in because they can't go to a range?

I was wondering the same thing today.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 23 Mar 2020, 9:13 pm

bladeracer wrote:In what state are brothels illegal? Plenty in Perth.

:unknown: Perth.. :huh: ... :unknown:
Who is Perth... :unknown:
Prostitution...you know what i mean...& you know im muckin around...

Challenge the media on not knowinv what they're promoting & sensationalising mis-truths...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Mar 2020, 9:43 pm

My advice is stock up on ammo projectiles powder and primers while you can this is going to get a lot worse. Our dollar has tanked so anything imported will be more expensive when shops run out of stock.

This 2019 Corona virus is a genetically engineered Bat virus from a lab in Wuhan which is really nasty. It's crap this virus was transmitted from a bat there are no receptors in humans to allow this to happen it's a genetically modified Bat virus which has been engineered so humans are the perfect host.

More on the creation of this virus here which also has links to scientific papers, patents etc with research into Corona virus which has been going on for nearly 20 years. - https://harvardtothebighouse.com/2020/01/31/logistical-and-technical-analysis-of-the-origins-of-the-wuhan-coronavirus-2019-ncov/?fbclid=IwAR3QBP14cr30Krf3Xp0YfvQMYWQPXYPmYBBX_LL8PcPsAsusSUmhHELl7Og

There is big money in viral research from HIV vaccines to rabbit control which might be something those here are familiar with, I am not suggesting China deliberately released this I think it was an accident.

The Governments around the world know how bad this virus really is that's why everything is being shut down to try and stop it spreading. Our PM did suggest there might be more things shut down that is not off the table.
Attachments
china.jpg
china.jpg (154.04 KiB) Viewed 5636 times
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 23 Mar 2020, 10:26 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:My advice is stock up on ammo projectiles powder and primers while you can this is going to get a lot worse. Our dollar has tanked so anything imported will be more expensive when shops run out of stock.

This 2019 Corona virus is a genetically engineered Bat virus from a lab in Wuhan which is really nasty. It's crap this virus was transmitted from a bat there are no receptors in humans to allow this to happen it's a genetically modified Bat virus which has been engineered so humans are the perfect host.

More on the creation of this virus here which also has links to scientific papers, patents etc with research into Corona virus which has been going on for nearly 20 years. - https://harvardtothebighouse.com/2020/01/31/logistical-and-technical-analysis-of-the-origins-of-the-wuhan-coronavirus-2019-ncov/?fbclid=IwAR3QBP14cr30Krf3Xp0YfvQMYWQPXYPmYBBX_LL8PcPsAsusSUmhHELl7Og

There is big money in viral research from HIV vaccines to rabbit control which might be something those here are familiar with, I am not suggesting China deliberately released this I think it was an accident.

The Governments around the world know how bad this virus really is that's why everything is being shut down to try and stop it spreading. Our PM did suggest there might be more things shut down that is not off the table.

I dont wana be the stick in the mud...
But with all due respect...

This is also the random kind of info that the PM & many others advise us not to take notice of...to not get our info from unofficial web sites (such as this).

Aside from that...if you seriously think im going to believe that those pictures in your post were taken & "leaked" by an insider informant in a top secret virus engineering lab deep within & under the control of the republic of China, & that that suit is not a fukn hilarious piss take to send up & invoke fear into the average silly people...And that that picture isnt doctored up by a bunch of fukwits going out of their way to see how far their silly prank will go, just for the sake of it...then you are as silly as the bloody suit looks...!!...
:lol:

That picture...yep...Fair dinkum true story..!!!....FFS... :roll: :lol:
Thats a "B" grade low budget production if ive ever seen one... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...should be in the joke page...!!
And what has that got to do with gun shops being closed anyway... :unknown:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Mar 2020, 11:09 pm

Stix wrote:
I dont wana be the stick in the mud...
But with all due respect...

This is also the random kind of info that the PM & many others advise us not to take notice of...to not get our info from unofficial web sites (such as this).

Aside from that...if you seriously think im going to believe that those pictures in your post were taken & "leaked" by an insider informant in a top secret virus engineering lab deep within & under the control of the republic of China, & that that suit is not a fukn hilarious piss take to send up & invoke fear into the average silly people...And that that picture isnt doctored up by a bunch of fukwits going out of their way to see how far their silly prank will go, just for the sake of it...then you are as silly as the bloody suit looks...!!...
:lol:

That picture...yep...Fair dinkum true story..!!!....FFS... :roll: :lol:
Thats a "B" grade low budget production if ive ever seen one... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...should be in the joke page...!!
And what has that got to do with gun shops being closed anyway... :unknown:

I studied science at Sydney Uni I have read the red links of peer reviewed scientific studies cited from that website I have no doubt Corona virus 19 was created in a lab in Wuhan.

Pressurised suits are used in level 4 bio labs it helps keep stuff out. A Bobcat I used recently had a pressurised cabin the higher air pressure in cabin keeps dust out it's really good.

Bio safety levels take note of level 4 suits- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level#Biosafety_level_4

Wuhan Lab does the suit look similar? It's no secret they have a Lab right where this virus originated from https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/china-to-permit-lab-poised-to-study-worlds-most-dangerous-pathogens/

As for believing politicians no thanks they all speak fluent bulls**t.

Must be pretty serious since we have an unprecedented shutdown of businesses with government telling people to stay at home and distance themselves from others, perhaps they know far more than they're letting on with putting people out of work and on welfare along with closing state and international borders while saying this could last for at least 6 months.

Have a look around the world why are just about every other country shutting things down when was the last time this happened?

Stock up on ammo, powders, primers, projectiles and if you live in rural areas probably best to avoid capital cities stay in the country.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 24 Mar 2020, 12:30 am

Baronvonrort wrote:
I studied science at Sydney Uni I have read the red links of peer reviewed scientific studies cited from that website I have no doubt Corona virus 19 was created in a lab in Wuhan.

Pressurised suits are used in level 4 bio labs it helps keep stuff out. A Bobcat I used recently had a pressurised cabin the higher air pressure in cabin keeps dust out it's really good.

Bio safety levels take note of level 4 suits- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level#Biosafety_level_4

Wuhan Lab does the suit look similar? It's no secret they have a Lab right where this virus originated from https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/china-to-permit-lab-poised-to-study-worlds-most-dangerous-pathogens/

As for believing politicians no thanks they all speak fluent bulls**t.

Must be pretty serious since we have an unprecedented shutdown of businesses with government telling people to stay at home and distance themselves from others, perhaps they know far more than they're letting on with putting people out of work and on welfare along with closing state and international borders while saying this could last for at least 6 months.

Have a look around the world why are just about every other country shutting things down when was the last time this happened?

Stock up on ammo, powders, primers, projectiles and if you live in rural areas probably best to avoid capital cities stay in the country.

Not doubting its seriousness...or your backround...or the fact that youve taken the time read enough targeted information to convince yourself that this was released from a lab. :)

And I get the pressurised suit thing...keep a house from filling with building dust while reno'ing using the same simplistic principles... :thumbsup:

But that pic...man that pic...ill say again...i do not for one single moment believe that 'meme' & inserted picture has come from the credible sources it is alluding to have come from....!
It is nothing more than a 16yo girl telling the world we're all going to die in 10 years if we dont stop living now.

I dont trust Pollies either, but asking people to believe that the "Peoples Daily, China" graphic & its text from "Twitter" is real & comes from one only credible source, is a little far fetched.

Im not against fun either...so from that point i think its funny...but at the same time, i dont think its funny in the utter fear it would be instilling in people, like the climate change debate has done to young kids.

Education is education, & that along with sensible caution with clever risk management is how to best deal with this...

Fear-mongering with WW2 style propaganda achieves nothing but inciting an immediate panic reaction...& this helps none of us...as has been proven so far!!

All of that, & i dont know what this has to do with gun shop hours...
:)
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Mar 2020, 5:21 am

Far more likely it jumped from amimals to human.
Has happened a few times.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Mar 2020, 6:14 am

Ffs this is a thread about local gun shops.... there was a i am a dumb person and i wear tin foil cuz the lizard people will suck my brain thread that got closed.

As i said in that thread, do you really think Chinese are that dumb that they would let the virus escape, or is the virus like in the movies, puts sneakers on and runs away.

This is not the first type of cronavirus that is present in bats, and this is not the first virus that had jumped from animals to humans.

But this is the first virus, where it drops the IQ of normal people by 100 points. That's the real reason this virus is dangerous, it is making the population DUMB.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Mar 2020, 7:37 am

Oldbloke wrote:Far more likely it jumped from amimals to human.
Has happened a few times.

Swine flu, bird flu, and I think the “Hendra “ virus we’ve had in Queensland went from bats to horses to humans didn’t it :unknown:

I think Mother Nature is trying to rid the planet of the overpopulation of humans that’s stuffing it up . As she’s always trying to do since the dinosaur’s ,disease keeps populations in check
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Mar 2020, 7:51 am

You could be right there BR, sometimes i feel that too.

I am sorry if i appear rude, i like to question stuff from every side.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 24 Mar 2020, 9:40 am

Ziad wrote:
As i said in that thread, do you really think Chinese are that dumb that they would let the virus escape, or is the virus like in the movies, puts sneakers on and runs away.

But this is the first virus, where it drops the IQ of normal people by 100 points. That's the real reason this virus is dangerous, it is making the population DUMB.

The 2003 SARS virus outbreak was caused by that virus escaping from labs.

SARS outbreaks after the epidemic. The 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome outbreak spread to 29 countries, causing more than 8,000 infections and at least 774 deaths. Because 21 percent of cases involved hospital workers, it had the potential to shut down health care services wherever it struck. It is particularly dangerous to handle in the laboratory because there is no vaccine, and it can be transmitted via aerosols.

SARS has not re-emerged naturally, but there have been six escapes from virology labs: one each in Singapore and Taiwan, and four separate escapes at the same laboratory in Beijing.

https://nationalpost.com/news/a-brief-terrifying-history-of-viruses-escaping-from-labs-70s-chinese-pandemic-was-a-lab-mistake

Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 24 Mar 2020, 9:48 am

Sitting here eating popcorn with the stop watch you can almost hear the lock clicking I hope the local gun shop stay open for a bit i have some reloading i can do seeing as we cant go to any range
Attachments
20200322_142358.jpg
20200322_142358.jpg (121.43 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
Last edited by pomemax on 24 Mar 2020, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 24 Mar 2020, 10:01 am

marksman wrote:
that would be what you do hey ziad,
the conversation goes against what you are saying so shut it down by contacting blackened :roll:

:

I think the mods should keep this thread open despite their previous warning we haven't seen anything like this since the 1919 Spanish Flu pandemic.

The shutdowns we have are unprecedented the economy is going to suffer this is not something our politicians have done just for the hell of it. We are going to be locked down until this virus is under control it could be 6 months it could be a year or longer there could be far more restrictions placed on us.

The lefties might claim this could lead to racism with Chinese people I disagree with that. Chinese people have made an excellent contribution to Australia don't blame them for this does anyone here remember Victor Chang? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Chang

It's perfectly acceptable to blame the Chinese government for this, while I don't agree with this virus originating from the wet market as Rita Panahi claimed everything else she says is 100% spot on. https://www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustralia/videos/414913309374611/
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Zappa » 24 Mar 2020, 10:08 am

Ziad wrote:I think time 4 this thread to be closed.. can someone msg the mods

i think we're all old enough to know when to taper off and return back to topic, without constant, nanny moderation.

I've rang my LGS and for the time being it's business as usual with no discernable increase in panic sales. And let's keep it like that.
If you feel the need to hoard, and get one up over the other, ===> the Toilet paper line is over there. :problem:
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Mar 2020, 10:59 am

Zappa wrote:i think we're all old enough to know when to taper off and return back to topic, without constant, nanny moderation.

I've rang my LGS and for the time being it's business as usual with no discernable increase in panic sales. And let's keep it like that.
If you feel the need to hoard, and get one up over the other, ===> the Toilet paper line is over there. :problem:

Yep spot on Zappa... :clap:

This is a thread about gun shops opening restraints & at a stretch, panic buying ammo...nothing to do with arguing over who released the virus or who should shut down the thread...

Just keep it about gun shops trading... :)

(where did you say the toilet paper line-up is...?)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Zappa » 24 Mar 2020, 11:08 am

Stix wrote:
(where did you say the toilet paper line-up is...?)

For you Stix? in the Far one.. Very far queue. :)

Speaking of the aussie dollar and taking a dip, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought our ammunition components are locally manufactured using local materials, therefore we shouldn't really be reliant on the greenback unless of course we're exporting the stuff ( like we do our LPG) .

Applies to the powder and projectiles. ?
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Mar 2020, 11:20 am

Zappa wrote:For you Stix? in the Far one.. Very far queue. :)

Speaking of the aussie dollar and taking a dip, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought our ammunition components are locally manufactured using local materials, therefore we shouldn't really be reliant on the greenback unless of course we're exporting the stuff ( like we do our LPG) .

Applies to the powder and projectiles. ?

Ah youre funny zappa...!!... :lol:

And you think "our" ammunition components are made here... :lol:

Maybe the laugh is on me, but ive never seen a hornady factory here... :huh: ...or speer...or R-P...or.. etc etc...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Mar 2020, 11:36 am

I think he means ADI powders and some of their ammo. Winchester were making some rimfire and shot... maybe centrefire, but that stopped last year.

Nearly all primers from OS and poetically all commercial projectiles from OS.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 24 Mar 2020, 12:02 pm

Just checked out my local and whilst they’re still trading, reloading supplies are dwindling fast. Next to no powder, a few trays of primers and the odd box of projectiles. Of course there is another price rise coming too eh. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation