7615 magazine fail

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

7615 magazine fail

Post by Heathen » 26 Mar 2020, 8:12 am

Had my 7615 out yesterday and the after feeding a couple of mags thru it, it would no longer lock in the mag, as if the mag release was activated.
Suggestions?
Heathen
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: 7615 magazine fail

Post by 8x57 » 26 Mar 2020, 10:37 am

Could just be a bit of grit in there gumming it up.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heathen » 26 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm

Lol.
Some sort of grass seed or something behind mag retainer stopping it travel in far enough
Heathen
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 28 Mar 2020, 1:02 pm

What mag you got mate?
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MJW380 » 17 May 2020, 7:47 am

Just to add to this, I wasn’t a fan of the metal mag that came with my 7615, so got hold of a couple of p-mags, on fitting them and working the pump the bolt is catching on the mag somewhere, sometimes it bumps it and keeps going, sometimes it won’t go past and I have to drop the mag. On comparing the pmag with the original, the lips are a lot wider on the original. I’m guessing sanding a bit of meat off the sides will have them functioning. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 17 May 2020, 10:15 am

how many rounds the p mag hold some of the ar15 typ mags will have feed issues when full and latching in the gun
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by MJW380 » 17 May 2020, 3:49 pm

They are 10 rounders, haven’t tried them with rounds, just the empty mags.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 17 May 2020, 8:47 pm

They need to have rounds in them. Yes without rounds I will get the bolt hit them occasionally with rounds no problem ever.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by MJW380 » 17 May 2020, 9:13 pm

Excellent, thanks.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by InisBineest » 18 May 2020, 12:41 pm

MJW380 wrote:Just to add to this, I wasn’t a fan of the metal mag that came with my 7615, so got hold of a couple of p-mags, on fitting them and working the pump the bolt is catching on the mag somewhere, sometimes it bumps it and keeps going, sometimes it won’t go past and I have to drop the mag. On comparing the pmag with the original, the lips are a lot wider on the original. I’m guessing sanding a bit of meat off the sides will have them functioning. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I was looking at either the 7615 or the WFA1L last year, massive difference in price and appearance, but functionally as far as how they run and what they run for they were similar. One of the biggest put offs i had for the Remington was this problem exactly. I read so much about modifications and adjustments that had to be made to the magazine or rifle to keep the thing going, either on different brands of mags, or just overtime as wear and grit set in. I'm not trying to bash the 7615, but it is a common problem i read about all over the shop. I hope for the OPs sake that it was just some grit that could be cleaned out. Best of luck!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Gunsmithing