Collectors license hypothetical around magazines

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Collectors license hypothetical around magazines

Post by wolfthomas » 27 Mar 2020, 10:59 am

So I understand the clearest answer might be asking licensing but I thought I'd ask my peers first.

I have had a General Handgun license for sporting shooting in Victoria for a while but recently I have got my category 1 collectors license.

If I shoot a new-ish Browning HiPower with 10 rds magazines for sporting and I'm looking to obtain an older pre-1947 Browning HiPower on my collectors license because I think they're neat.

Then if I come across a 13rd original browning magazine before I find an antique Browning HiPower, am I allowed to own it?

Or will I get into trouble as technically it could go into my newer HiPower which I use for sporting?

Just trying to stay out of trouble with all the byzantine rules.
wolfthomas
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Collectors license hypothetical around magazines

Post by yoshie » 27 Mar 2020, 4:09 pm

You would be able to own an 13 rounder but you'll be in the stink if you are caught using at the range
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Mar 2020, 5:29 pm

G'day wolfthomas,
yoshie has hit the nail on the head, you can own any magazine just don't use it. The mags aren't that hard to come by either, I have a couple on my Collectors for the Vietnam era holster I found which also are not hard to find. WW2 Canadian holsters pop up now and then but of course Nazi marked ones are expensive, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wolfthomas » 27 Mar 2020, 6:13 pm

Thanks for the help guys
wolfthomas
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws