Sulun Arms tac 12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 May 2020, 4:08 pm

These will be in stock over the coming weeks/months when the boat comes. They are based on the benelli m4 and they look the goods. I will buy one based on looks alone. Turkish made but better quality than the adler. The price is about $1200 so same as the berika.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMdjLfR6eKE
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by Medb » 22 May 2020, 4:29 pm

I put down an order for one a month ago, just waiting for the shipment to turn up now. I was told hopefully 6 weeks a month ago, but I'm sure they were just being optimistic to try and secure a sale and I expect to be waiting a few more months probably.

I have asked and they did say it was also compatible with most Benelli m4 accessories like side saddle's, different handguards, charging handles and such.

I was going to get a Berika ext12 mk2 until I became aware of the Tac12, as you said it is much more aesthetically pleasing with better furniture (stock/foregrip/sights etc.) and I really like the fact it has a full length 7+1 magazine.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 May 2020, 4:35 pm

Yeah the 7+1 is a big plus mate not to mention they do look good. I just wish they had left hand charging handle. Maybe next year they reckon. They sell this in Canada as a semi auto.

How did you order this through their website or through your dealer?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Medb » 22 May 2020, 9:12 pm

They only added the website and order form recently I believe, it wasn't around when I placed an order. I ordered by emailing them at sales@sulunarmsanz.com.au and we exchanged a few emails and they provided a contact phone number. I ordered it direct from them in W.A and opted to just get it sent to my usual dealer.

Yeah I would of also preferred a left hand charging handle, if they eventually come out with one maybe I'd consider upgrading to it, depends how viable that left handed charging technique they demonstrate in the video really is.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 3:56 pm

Ok cool. I will email them mate. There is not a lot of info about the shotgun yet because it is so new and purely made for the Aus market. They do look bloody good though I will mention again. I have a Berika but I want one of these as well. They are the 2 best Turkish bolt action shotguns on the market. The cheap adler may have started all the fuss with these shotguns but their day is done unless they really up their quality game. It would be nice if Warwick or Lithgow make some good tactical shotguns for around the $1200-1500 mark. Even maybe 2 grand max. Just so we can buy local.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 23 May 2020, 7:53 pm

Yep
Will be getting one of these.
Anyone know the dealer here in QLD
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 May 2020, 7:21 pm

Send an email to that link above mate. Or you can search their website and that will come up to make an order. I am not sure if any are left in the first shipment. Although it is a common salesman tactic to say your shipment is running low to create hype. Although I imagine these babies will sell fine when this china virus blows over.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 25 May 2020, 7:31 pm

Organised purchase today. The bloke was really good to deal with.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 May 2020, 7:36 pm

Ah cool. What colour and what stock did you order?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 25 May 2020, 7:39 pm

Black
M4 stock
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 May 2020, 7:40 pm

Same one I want. :drinks:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 8:36 am

should be on the plane in 2-3 weeks old mate reckons. So lets assume 4-6 weeks. I am surprised WA of all states is the import hub.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 26 May 2020, 10:18 am

That looks smooth as silk to operate and dare I say a 'semi-pump action' much like the Verney Carron is a 'semi-semi auto' haha.
Sign me up I would trade the Adler lever in in a heartbeat if WA would allow such a thing.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 10:33 am

The importer is based in Perth mate so I am not sure if he can only sell them to the east coast or if these are legal in WA. Does WA allow the Berika straight pull? If they do then maybe they will allow this.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 26 May 2020, 1:14 pm

Oh I was talking about doing a like for like swap like they can do in Victoria instead of doing a new application, but now as I type this I realise they're different categories anyway.

I know of a few people here that have the Adler straight pull so shouldn't be a problem.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 1:24 pm

glenn777 wrote:Oh I was talking about doing a like for like swap like they can do in Victoria instead of doing a new application, but now as I type this I realise they're different categories anyway.

I know of a few people here that have the Adler straight pull so shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah QLD has the like for like swap. it is good. Old mate has a few left of this shipment mate if you want to order now or when they arrive. There should be another one near the end of the year I would assume.

These are good looking guns mate. I hope they are reliable or I will be pissed.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 26 May 2020, 7:56 pm

I ordered one today as well.

Am geting the M4 stock pinned for NSW.

Also been researching online and found a limbsaver and parts if you wanted to run aftermarket stocks sold for Benelli M4.

Want to order a mesa tactical side saddle and GG&g charge handle. Can anyone confirm these are good to go from a Benelli M4??

Cheers
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 8:31 pm

Plenty of interest in this shotgun. Really shows how much people love the Benelli. Can you post up that link you have mate for the side sattle and charging handle. I would like to look at them. They don't need import permits do they?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 27 May 2020, 5:13 am

The fde and camo are cerakote at no extra cost.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 7:31 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:Plenty of interest in this shotgun. Really shows how much people love the Benelli. Can you post up that link you have mate for the side sattle and charging handle. I would like to look at them. They don't need import permits do they?

Yep the other thing , this shotty is heaps popular in Canada as a semi auto. Referred to as turkinelli so if you search for turkinelli you will find lots of stuff.

Last night I found how to change the stock for any aftermarket Benelli stock, limbsaver recoil pad etc.

Here's a few parts I'm looking into but need to check further and find shippers

Charge handle
https://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m4-slotte ... andle.html

Btw factory me Benelli handle fits but I like the one above.

Limbsaver
https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/226 ... ble-stock/
Btw apparently no modding needed unless telescopic stock fully collapsed. The forum link down the bottom talks through this specific to sulun tac12

Shell carrier
https://www.mesatactical.com/products/s ... -2-in.html

Not sure if I can post to other forum so please remove if needed. This thread is all about the tac12 in Canada , heaps of info.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/s ... !!!/page43
Last edited by bcr83 on 27 May 2020, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 7:34 am

They were also going to cerakote for me in custom cobalt grey which looks awesome for only 100 bucks extra. 16 week wait though ....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1590471331154.jpg
FB_IMG_1590471331154.jpg (95.08 KiB) Viewed 25295 times
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 7:59 am

Thanks mate I will check it out. That grey looks hell good. I got the black with m4 adjustable stock. I reckon this shotgun and the berika will be the death of the adler. They cost a little bit more but build quality and looks are so much better.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 10:06 am

I've just heard back from shop on Canada, apparently the side saddle won't fit but the bolt handle will....

Still trying to work out sling attachment as well
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 27 May 2020, 11:42 am

Just finalised my order, the bloke I spoke with reckons shipment is leaving Turkey by plane on the 28th of May, and should be ready for delivery from WA in about 3 weeks. This will be my 4th 12 gauge, hope WLB don’t have a limit on same caliber.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 11:50 am

Patriot wrote:Just finalised my order, the bloke I spoke with reckons shipment is leaving Turkey by plane on the 28th of May, and should be ready for delivery from WA in about 3 weeks. This will be my 4th 12 gauge, hope WLB don’t have a limit on same caliber.

WLB are not the law mate. The law does not place restrictions on the number of firearms you can own and the law also says you do not need to provide a genuine reason for a CAT A firearm. Thats why when you do your PTA online and select cat A it does not have a section to put in genuine reason.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 27 May 2020, 12:00 pm

I have read the act and regs mate.
WLB do administer the act and regs though and do have a history of broad interpretation and of trying to frustrate the process.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 12:23 pm

Regardless of who administrates the act they still have to follow the act and nowhere in the act does it place a limit on the number of firearms you can own if you have a genuine reason and it also mentions that every category needs to provide a genuine reason except cat A.

WLB do have a history of being knobs and making up their own rules such as banning people from 338 lapua ownership until people started suing them and the courts more or less told them that the only illegal caliber in QLD by law is 50BMG and because of that I am now the owner of a 338 lapua. The law is clear in regards to PTAs. If you are a licence holder you will be fine mate.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 27 May 2020, 12:58 pm

Yep even in WA I know of a bloke who owns 17 guns, multiple of the same or similar category and repeating shotguns.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 9:24 pm

AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 9:26 pm

So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.