New nv scope wanted

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

New nv scope wanted

Post by Tilb004 » 01 Jul 2020, 11:58 am

Hi guys , after a new nv dedicated scope .Thought id put it out there to wealth of knowledge and experience.
Can't afford thermal yet maybe in a few years or one power ball haha .
Looking at the price around the wrap ith , Yukon sightline, pard 008 and any others you think are worthy.
Just after your experience or friends experience.
Pros and cons .
The pard 007 will be going soon , can't get the poi sorted .
Thanks in advance and appreciated.

Tilbs :thumbsup:
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Re: New nv scope wanted

Post by Blr243 » 01 Jul 2020, 12:18 pm

I bought a pulsar nv digisight 355 2200 bucks if I remember correctly..immediately it needed an aftermarket wolf eyes illuminator but still did not appear to be what I needed so I paid 7 for a good thermal Then after another rifle purchase I could not afford another thermal so I bought an nv pulsar n450 Similar price to my first nv scope The factory illuminator suited it perfectly and its tons better than my previous nv scope. Looks like you have already spent money on the learning curve ( join the club) I know it’s hard to organise but it would be great if u could somehow tee up a local lad with equipment to show u so u can try before you buy. That’s something I wouldn’t mind doing for somebody local but I noticed you are in west oz.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Tilb004 » 01 Jul 2020, 3:08 pm

Blr243 wrote:I bought a pulsar nv digisight 355 2200 bucks if I remember correctly..immediately it needed an aftermarket wolf eyes illuminator but still did not appear to be what I needed so I paid 7 for a good thermal Then after another rifle purchase I could not afford another thermal so I bought an nv pulsar n450 Similar price to my first nv scope The factory illuminator suited it perfectly and its tons better than my previous nv scope. Looks like you have already spent money on the learning curve ( join the club) I know it’s hard to organise but it would be great if u could somehow tee up a local lad with equipment to show u so u can try before you buy. That’s something I wouldn’t mind doing for somebody local but I noticed you are in west oz.

Thanks blr for reply .
Originally I wanted a nv clip on so I could attach to my three scope .
The pard came along and I thought you beauty that fits the bill . As you know it hasn't work as I'd hoped.
So now I'm down the path of a dedicated nv scope that will hold three rifle zeros.
I wish I new people that had nv scopes I could look through before I buy but no luck in that dept.
all I can do is ask for advice on forums like this and watch YouTube clips to get an idea
What image is like .
Cheers mate .

Tilbs
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 01 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm

Don't we all mate. Just a dealer/distributor to put on a bit of a trade show would be the ants pants.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 01 Jul 2020, 3:37 pm

I’ll try to do a vid on my next trip away hopefully within 7 days
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by hunting99 » 01 Jul 2020, 4:04 pm

I find the atn x-sight 4k pro 5-20x good, especially with the range fender paired up with it. And the ballistic calculator on.
hunting99
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Tilb004 » 01 Jul 2020, 10:40 pm

Blr243 wrote:I’ll try to do a vid on my next trip away hopefully within 7 days

Cheers blr that would be great

:)
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Tilb004 » 01 Jul 2020, 10:43 pm

[quote="hunting99"]I find the atn x-sight 4k pro 5-20x good, especially with the range fender paired up with it. And the ballistic calculator on.[/quote

Thanks hunting99

I haven't really looked at them do you think
There a good scope
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Tilb004 » 02 Jul 2020, 7:48 am

hunting99 wrote:I find the atn x-sight 4k pro 5-20x good, especially with the range fender paired up with it. And the ballistic calculator on.

Cheers hunting99

Have you had any issues with the x-sight
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by hunting99 » 02 Jul 2020, 8:00 am

Been using it for about a year 3 nights a week commercial game harvesting. And Have had no major problems with it. The only thing from time to time it might freeze up but is easily fixed by turning it off and on. The battery lasts for ever so no changing batterys in the middle of the night for me. And ATN I think is the only brand that with the range finder paired, automatically adjust the cross hairs. That alone sold me on it and that feature has paid for its self hundreds of times. Also it is loaded with a lot of other features that come in handy.
hunting99
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Tilb004 » 05 Jul 2020, 6:55 pm

hunting99 wrote:Been using it for about a year 3 nights a week commercial game harvesting. And Have had no major problems with it. The only thing from time to time it might freeze up but is easily fixed by turning it off and on. The battery lasts for ever so no changing batterys in the middle of the night for me. And ATN I think is the only brand that with the range finder paired, automatically adjust the cross hairs. That alone sold me on it and that feature has paid for its self hundreds of times. Also it is loaded with a lot of other features that come in handy.

Cheers Hunting99.

Thats good news :thumbsup:
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by cusco » 10 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm

Hi folks, just my 2 cents worth re NV scopes. I use at the moment a Pulsar N960LRF (digital) and a Pulsar Apex Thermal. I have looked through friends ATN X Sight plus the new 4K. Both blur the image as you pan around which I believe is due to the type of sensor which gives a colour day time image. My N960 which is B&W all times does not blur. Looking through a Pard NV007 does the same. My suggestion is not worry about a colour day time image (use a day scope then) and look at models with B&W images only. It is for night time. I am a big Pulsar fan, yes they might cost a bit more but they make good stuff. Check out Pulsars Digisight Ultra and Digiex. I have looked through both and was impressed. Also check out Yukon(owned by Pulsar) Sightline series. With digital scopes you need a infrared light source. Some come with built in ones. They use either 810 or 940 nanometer wave length. 810 gives the best image and distance but has a small red glow which can be seen but it is very faint though. 940nm are invisible but are not as good distance/image wise as 810. You can fit extra IR torches for better images/distance.
My old Digisight N960 with my good IR torch can see well over 300 mts. Also be aware some models once zeroed will have the reticle off center. Pardnv008 being one. Again my good old N960 reticle is centered even with its subsonic 300 BO 100 yd zero.Check out the uknightvision forum site as it has some great info.
If anyone one wants advice on NV, PM me your phone number. Happy to have a chat. It takes too much space on here to tell it all .Cheers. Cusco.
Please note I am not affiliated with Pulsar,but just use their gear and love it.
cusco
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by niteowl » 12 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm

Tilb004 wrote:
Blr243 wrote:I bought a pulsar nv digisight 355 2200 bucks if I remember correctly..immediately it needed an aftermarket wolf eyes illuminator but still did not appear to be what I needed so I paid 7 for a good thermal Then after another rifle purchase I could not afford another thermal so I bought an nv pulsar n450 Similar price to my first nv scope The factory illuminator suited it perfectly and its tons better than my previous nv scope. Looks like you have already spent money on the learning curve ( join the club) I know it’s hard to organise but it would be great if u could somehow tee up a local lad with equipment to show u so u can try before you buy. That’s something I wouldn’t mind doing for somebody local but I noticed you are in west oz.

Thanks blr for reply .
Originally I wanted a nv clip on so I could attach to my three scope .
The pard came along and I thought you beauty that fits the bill . As you know it hasn't work as I'd hoped.
So now I'm down the path of a dedicated nv scope that will hold three rifle zeros.
I wish I new people that had nv scopes I could look through before I buy but no luck in that dept.
all I can do is ask for advice on forums like this and watch YouTube clips to get an idea
What image is like .
Cheers mate .

Tilbs

There is a dealer in WA that does what you need. Does a "training" workshop on all types and levels of night vision / thermal and then you actually look "through" everything from Gen 1 to including Gen 3, then thermal up to and including Military spec scopes. Just need to look around, they will travel for reasonable distances at no cost as long a a suitable place can be provided. (need to be able to wave firearms around without attracting the SWAT squad) :thumbsup:
Does not recommend digital and explains the reasons. A contract shooter as well as a dealer.
A PS they need to wait for the covid crap to diminish first !
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 13 Jul 2020, 1:25 am

There are some guys on here that have seemed to make the cheaper digital scopes work.

When it comes to NV, the more you spend the better it's going to be. I think it comes down to your budget to start with.

Gen 3+ analog to me is the best.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Scopes, sights and optics