Another GSCI thermal...

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Another GSCI thermal...

Post by brinny » 19 Jul 2020, 9:25 pm

Just bought a second GSCI thermal scope to put on another rifle....
This time aTI S350....
Will be setting it up on a 17 Hornet for shooting around populated areas where the 204 is a tad too noisey....
Should do the job very nicely....
Big shout out to Alan from Australian Shooting Services for his outstanding service and advice yet again.....

Last edited by brinny on 20 Jul 2020, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Another GSCI thermal...

Post by niteowl » 20 Jul 2020, 10:51 am

Well done. You can never have too many thermals eh? I think it is "Australian Shooting Services" though.
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by brinny » 20 Jul 2020, 5:19 pm

niteowl wrote:Well done. You can never have too many thermals eh? I think it is "Australian Shooting Services" though.

Bugger...it is too....rectified mate....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by intheevening » 23 Jul 2020, 11:20 pm

Hi Brinny. Excuse for jumping into the thread. I've spoken to Alan a few times - he's in my neck of the woods. I would be very interested to see your feedback on the TI S350 as I'm particularly interested in this model to purchase. Can't PM at the moment as I just joined but will keep an eye on this thread. Cheers.
...When the day is done.
intheevening
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by brinny » 24 Jul 2020, 11:17 pm

intheevening wrote:Hi Brinny. Excuse for jumping into the thread. I've spoken to Alan a few times - he's in my neck of the woods. I would be very interested to see your feedback on the TI S350 as I'm particularly interested in this model to purchase. Can't PM at the moment as I just joined but will keep an eye on this thread. Cheers.

No worries mate....
I have it on a 22 at the moment ready to go out and do a cleanup job on some rabbits...but it is going on a smaller cal HP when i get around to getting one....
I have bought all my thermal gear from Alan....2 Pulsar thermal scopes..an Apex XD75, an XQ50 Trail, 2 Pulsar monoculars, an XQ50 Quantum and an XQ50 Helion and 2 GSCIs, a TI S675 and an TI S350 thermal scopes....(to date)....
You wont deal with a better bloke than Alan ....he really knows his gear...absolute gentleman to deal with.....and will give you all the RIGHT infomation to fit you up with what you need....not fill you up with BS to make a sale....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by intheevening » 28 Jul 2020, 10:58 pm

Thanks mate. That's exactly my plan with my 17hmr.

Alan is great to chat with - very patient and knowledgeable.

I actually picked up on the GSCI brand because of your posts on this board re: your TI S675. Was excited when I saw you'd acquired the S350 (more my price range).

Am very keen to read your feedback re: the S350. Like you, I had a Trail XQ50 (two in fact) which wouldn't keep POI - frustrating in the extreme. Love to get your opinion re: S350s image capabilities compared to the XQ50, it's battery life etc.

Cheers.
...When the day is done.
intheevening
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by mickb » 29 Jul 2020, 1:26 am

What is the quality and price points like for all these fellas? Do they have a decent warranty?
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Blr243 » 29 Jul 2020, 5:10 am

I hunt very open farm land , that is ploughed soil with no vegetation or weeds. ... it’s beneficial for me to have a thermal with long range detection capabilities... I can’t afford a GSCI ....but if anyone is hunting thick scrub where u can only see max 200 m in front of you perhaps a cheaper thermal would suffice ...this possibility crops up for me because as I buy more rifles there’s just no way I can afford a nice thermal on every rifle
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by brinny » 30 Jul 2020, 1:19 pm

mickb wrote:What is the quality and price points like for all these fellas? Do they have a decent warranty?

Mick....quality is supurb....They are a tad on the pricey side but you get what you pay for......Like most brands...there are a series of models to choose from, and with that comes a range of prices....
They come with a 7 year warranty on most parts.....but only have a 12 month warranty on the lens....
I didnt hesitate to get another GSCI thermal.....

Niteowl here is the man to talk too....He will give you all the right info on models, price, and the type of scope that will suit your needs....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 01 Aug 2020, 6:54 pm

What are the prices, I couldnt find any listed online?
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by mickb » 01 Aug 2020, 6:55 pm

Just found them, thats Hilarious :D I mean as in the idea I could get one.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by brinny » 01 Aug 2020, 10:44 pm

mickb wrote:What are the prices, I couldnt find any listed online?

Did you go to his website mate??.....I just looked and all the prices are displayed...
Australian Shooting Services....then follow the prompts....Takes you to all the models, info on them and prices.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics