Rossi pump action 22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Rossi pump action 22

Post by Shootermick » 11 Sep 2020, 4:30 pm

I’d really like a Henry pump action 22lr, but received an email from OSA yesterday saying that the next batch of Henry’s aren’t due to arrive in the country until early next year. If my patience doesn’t last that long, what else should I be looking at? There’s not many to consider really as I’m only after new, not interested in old Winchester’s etc.
Rossi?
Remington?
???
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Rossi pump action 22

Post by Bugman » 11 Sep 2020, 4:34 pm

Mate. I was after a Henry some time back and had to wait also. But in my view it was worth it. I think, that alternatives may be available sooner but a few months to wait I would order one and wait. Sorry, I don't know much about the Rossi, but they have been around for quite some time.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by snag » 11 Sep 2020, 5:53 pm

One going on Used Guns for $650 with scope . Apparently as new condition, might be worth a look?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 11 Sep 2020, 7:20 pm

G'day Shootermick,
I have a pump Rossi in 22 Mag, it is an OK rifle for the money but an old Winchester is much superior in fit, finish and reliability. Even more so than any modern rifle including the Henry so why would you have no interest? An old Model 12 Remington in good condition would be as good if not better than a new one also. If "shiny" is important buy some gun blue and tung oil and make an old rifle look new again, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 11 Sep 2020, 7:42 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Shootermick,
I have a pump Rossi in 22 Mag, it is an OK rifle for the money but an old Winchester is much superior in fit, finish and reliability. Even more so than any modern rifle including the Henry so why would you have no interest? An old Model 12 Remington in good condition would be as good if not better than a new one also. If "shiny" is important buy some gun blue and tung oil and make an old rifle look new again, Cheers.

I had a 1906 and liked it as a rifle but the bore was too pitted and it just wouldn’t shoot. That’s why I’m not in any hurry to buy a rifle made in 1915 again. I know there are more recent examples in better nick out there though. Shiny is nice but not the be all and end all for me either. But to be honest, I’ve already got a few other Henry’s which I rate and that is why I’d like another.
I think I just answered my own question, and maybe I just need to learn the virtue of patience.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles