Adler straight pulls October

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler straight pulls October

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2019, 1:49 pm

I have heard the Adler shipment through Nioa tradeing is due eta sept/ October.....has anyone heard of a recent and/or accurate ETA ? Tragically, My shotgun ammo is neatly sitting on a shelf still in its original packaging,,,it should be warm , empty and scattered across the blacksoil plains
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Adler straight pulls October

Post by Blr243 » 14 Oct 2019, 11:15 am

I emilled and their response was guns are due to arrive this week so if that happens I can take mine on my next trip
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 Oct 2019, 1:53 pm

I got an email to say come get it. Turned up when they said it would. First impressions. As follows. Very tricky to assemble but i got it. It does not show any signs of s**ty machining or workmanship It does not feel unnecessarily heavy or clunky in any areas. It comes to the shoulder fast natural and easy Ergonomics feel great nothing awkward Turns out the rear ghost ring sight is adjustable as I had hoped ....i did not expect to see the pic rail underneath the forend , I won’t be needing that .... does not appear to be in the way so I will leave it for the moment .....it appears to be mouulded as part of the Forend ... I have not handled a shotgun for twenty something years since the old pump days. This gun feels light in comparison so it might boot the hell out of me .... at first glance the recoil pad looks basic. hopefully my local Belmont range allows a shotgun on the rifle range so I can sight in my slugs and check reliabilty.... I got a call from the land owner this morning giving me the green light for a hunt in a bout a weeks time so plenty of testing opportunities then and will post how I go then.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

I’m guessing my ghost ring sight is very easily removed from the rear pic rail. I will test this basic set up in the field next week before I contemplate a red dot or holo Don’t know much about them. I may find the basic open sights perfect. Sometimes simple is best
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dabi » 17 Oct 2019, 10:16 pm

Hey Blr243, glad to hear you got your in the first batch, have you tried cycling it and if so does it cycle well? And from what I got theres no bottom pic rail up front?
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Dabi » 17 Oct 2019, 10:27 pm

actually sorry I missread that, I'm looking to mount a laser underneath :D
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Dabi » 17 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm

And if you are willing to test something out for me; i wonder if the tube underneath the barrel still functions as a tube magazine, like if it's possible to use that in conjunction with the magazine. A friend of mine mentioned this, would be cool to load buckshot in the mag and slugs in the tube XD
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 18 Oct 2019, 4:27 am

I’m too scared too cycle mine at home in case one goes off I will have to wait till the hunting trip next week. There’s no way shells can be fed from the tube underneath The b230;model is strictly box magazine fed. ..the top piccrail is not on the barrel like some ,,,, it’s on the receiver. That’s why I paid the extra for this model instead of the 450 dollar models. The forend is long enough to have room for your hand and the pic rail / acccessories .... the underside pic rail is mounted to the front of the for end grip
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dabi » 18 Oct 2019, 7:44 am

Ah okay, let us know how you feel about it after the trip, I was thinking snap caps if you had some.
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 18 Oct 2019, 9:36 am

Are snap caps just dummy shells? I considered emptying some and knocking out the primer then re assemble and try that. But I figured I might not be able to make them exactly as they were and my test on my dummy rounds if successful is not necessarily a test of the real live ammo .. so I’ll prob wait till the bush then try. Then if there’s a prob u will see me sad crying and carrying on like a girl
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dabi » 18 Oct 2019, 11:54 am

Yes they are just dummies, and that's actually a good idea, save some empty shells and make them into snap caps afterwards. Live shells still chambers more smoothly in comparison.
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 18 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm

Remembering that these are box mag fed here’s a tip that might save someone some drama. When loading the mag with the first shell Line the shell up parallel with the top edge of the mag and after pushing down below the feed lips then push the shell back so that it fits nicely against the back of the mag. ( Just normal procedure that we all familiar with) But the following shells are a real bugger to load unless you adopt the following technique.......instead of pushing down with the cylindrical edge of the next shell , flip it 90 degrees so you are useing the base of the shell to push down on the already loaded first shell ....and as you do so roll it round into the normal position under the feed lips This works heaps better and faster. Conventional method is difficult because the rim of the second shell catches on the first shell where the brass meets the body of the first shell
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dabi » 18 Oct 2019, 1:18 pm

So load it like a badly designed 22lr mag :D
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by perentie » 19 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

Blr243 wrote:Remembering that these are box mag fed here’s a tip that might save someone some drama. When loading the mag with the first shell Line the shell up parallel with the top edge of the mag and after pushing down below the feed lips then push the shell back so that it fits nicely against the back of the mag. ( Just normal procedure that we all familiar with) But the following shells are a real bugger to load unless you adopt the following technique.......instead of pushing down with the cylindrical edge of the next shell , flip it 90 degrees so you are useing the base of the shell to push down on the already loaded first shell ....and as you do so roll it round into the normal position under the feed lips This works heaps better and faster. Conventional method is difficult because the rim of the second shell catches on the first shell where the brass meets the body of the first shell

Yes that works. I discovered it by chance loading the C-More / Saiga mags as well.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Oct 2019, 10:00 am

I think if the brass / plastic case section junction were nicer it would not be a prob. Perhaps other ammo is better in this regard. But no big deal if we have to adjust our loading technique a little
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm

Now that I’m in the bush I have safely cycled but not fired shells thru my new Adler. No hang ups at all. The spring assisted bolted appears to have perhaps about 30 per cent more power than necessary to collect and chamber the shells ..... probably do the slug sighting and shot patterning tests tomorrow....tonight’s work I’ll just stick to my usual 243 I know it’s sighted in perfectly
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ghoatman » 23 Oct 2019, 4:53 pm

Picking mine up tomorrow. Anyone know if there are 10rnd mags available or if there are other mags that are interchangeable ?
Ghoatman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Oct 2019, 7:35 pm

If it’s single stack box mag a ten would be very long. My fives are approximately 200 mm from memory
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 14 Feb 2020, 7:13 pm

Put down a deposit for a 220 today, they'll be here in about 6 weeks.
:D
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Patt96 » 16 May 2020, 4:50 pm

With the Adler b220 all weather can you mount the lucky 13 pic rail to the gun to put a Red dot on
Patt96
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 16 May 2020, 8:15 pm

This one only says the 110 but I don't see why not. A gunsmith can do anything.

https://www.thebarn.net.au/Products/LUC ... OUNT/17692
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 02 Jul 2020, 8:40 am

Patt96 wrote:With the Adler b220 all weather can you mount the lucky 13 pic rail to the gun to put a Red dot on

Done, greens party wankers would not approve.
It's awesome!!!
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by byadbo boy » 16 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

Just picked up a B230 straight pull tactical. Initial impressions are good but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so time will tell.
Quality of fit and finish seems good for the price point - but was tricky to assemble.
I watched the two Turkish gentlemen on youtube a few times and finally got it together- barrel/fore-end were reluctant to fit over magazine tube and spring
and I didn't want to force anything- just keep cycling lever and gently assemble.
Magazines seem good too but a bit of bush time and some dust will be the test.
I'll report back once I have put some solids and target load through her.
byadbo boy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 16 Sep 2020, 7:19 pm

Mine turned up in October a day or two before a hunting trip so I was stoked but still not gone for a walk with it despite taken it on many trips away ....beware of the eley Aaa buckshot in this gun the bolt can be very hard to operate after shot fired
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 16 Sep 2020, 7:20 pm

It’s the most natural pointer coming to the shoulder in the perfect spot every time
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 16 Sep 2020, 9:07 pm

Blr243 wrote:Mine turned up in October a day or two before a hunting trip so I was stoked but still not gone for a walk with it despite taken it on many trips away ....beware of the eley Aaa buckshot in this gun the bolt can be very hard to operate after shot fired

LUBE

oiling the breech helps significantly with sticking cartridges, oil mine before heading out and it handles 25+ shots no jams on high brass high speed rounds.

long beard turkey choke is also a must if shooting things like foxes over longer distances. easily increased my range by nearly 15m before too much spread shoots more like a 28" barrel and full choke now all with the 20" barrel.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.