Cogswell and Harrison

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Cogswell and Harrison

Post by Faedy » 27 Sep 2020, 4:55 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Cogswell and Harrison Certus is a copy of the cz 452 or 455. I thought it was the the 455 but a local gunshop says 452.
TIA
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Re: Cogswell and Harrison

Post by snag » 27 Sep 2020, 5:46 pm

I've been told by a bloke who's got one that it has CZ455 stamped underneath the receiver, hidden by the stock.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Diamond Jim » 27 Sep 2020, 11:58 pm

The barrel on a CZ452 is screwed into the receiver in the traditional way. On a CZ455 the barrel is secured by two set screws. Otherwise they are similar apart from the magazine well. The 455 has an adapter block for 22LR size cartridges which is removed when converting to 22Mag length cartridges.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Rwd22 » 29 Sep 2020, 4:47 pm

Faedy wrote:Can anyone tell me if the Cogswell and Harrison Certus is a copy of the cz 452 or 455. I thought it was the the 455 but a local gunshop says 452.
TIA

It is a CZ455 barrel/action, not just a copy. Mrs has one in the safe next to my CZ455, only difference is I have the heavy barrel on mine.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Faedy » 29 Sep 2020, 11:02 pm

^^ Cheers for the info
I went and dropped the stock of mine and can confirm that it has CZ455 stamped on the barrel on the bottom just in front of the action
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles