New Owner

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

New Owner

Post by Humperdinkel » 04 Oct 2020, 11:16 am

G'day Everyone,

Long time shooter but just became licenced & new gun owner.

Picked up my brand new Webley & Scott Xocet 22LR from LGS yesterday. Hitting the range for the first time tomorrow afternoon & I can't wait !!

I see a couple of other members on here with the same rifle. How are they treating you ? Still enjoying them ? Any complaints ?

Cheers Daniel
Winchester Xpert - .22
Savage A22R Pro Varmint - .22
Savage 340 - .222
Howa 1500 VT Fluted - .308
Humperdinkel
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: New Owner

Post by CrackThump » 04 Oct 2020, 4:46 pm

Hey there Humper. :) and welcome to the madhouse ..

Im one of the other lucky Xocet owners here, had it for a bit over a year now and its an absolute hoot to shoot. :D . I was at the range today for a match that got cancelled due to rain and slosh, so we spent the best part of the day just plinking at whatever. I spent a good hour shooting Ooshies off pencils at 50 metres and had a flocking blast haha.

I had a bit of a slow start with the little Webley, half due to my inexperience, half due to a dodgey scope that came with the package, but I recently upgraded to a Vortex scope for target shooting and it is an amazing combo. iof course its no match for the $5000 custom match rifles Im up against, but Im tipping with the right shooter behind it, it wouldnt be far off the pace.

What scope did you get with it. ? are you a bunny buster,? serious competitor. ? casual plinker. ?

PS.. invest in extra mags.. reloading is annoying when all you want to do is rack the bolt and squish Ooshie # 11,12 and 13
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: New Owner

Post by Humperdinkel » 04 Oct 2020, 8:40 pm

CrackThump wrote:Hey there Humper. :) and welcome to the madhouse ..

Im one of the other lucky Xocet owners here, had it for a bit over a year now and its an absolute hoot to shoot. :D . I was at the range today for a match that got cancelled due to rain and slosh, so we spent the best part of the day just plinking at whatever. I spent a good hour shooting Ooshies off pencils at 50 metres and had a flocking blast haha.

I had a bit of a slow start with the little Webley, half due to my inexperience, half due to a dodgey scope that came with the package, but I recently upgraded to a Vortex scope for target shooting and it is an amazing combo. iof course its no match for the $5000 custom match rifles Im up against, but Im tipping with the right shooter behind it, it wouldnt be far off the pace.

What scope did you get with it. ? are you a bunny buster,? serious competitor. ? casual plinker. ?

PS.. invest in extra mags.. reloading is annoying when all you want to do is rack the bolt and squish Ooshie # 11,12 and 13

Its generally going to be my plinker, but I plan on using it for bunnies & the odd fox if one happens to.pop up & the shot is right for the taking. :D

My package came with the Nikko Stirling 3-9x50, which seems ok, will have a better idea after tomorrows sighting in session.

I notice mine doesn't have the imitation accutrigger, just has a standard blade. Perhaps its a later model ?

Will look into the extra mags :thumbsup:
Winchester Xpert - .22
Savage A22R Pro Varmint - .22
Savage 340 - .222
Howa 1500 VT Fluted - .308
Humperdinkel
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles