CZ515 stock swap

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

CZ515 stock swap

Post by InisBineest » 15 Feb 2021, 5:06 pm

So, the picture says most of it....

I have a CZ 515 Tactical... and wouldn't mind to put the wooden buttstock from the American version on it.

Anyone with the same demented sense of firearm aesthetics out there with an American version that might fancy a pistol grip and adjustable buttstock?

Can't hurt to ask?

P.S. No this isn't a bait or joke, i'm actually keen.

P.P.S Yeh, i know this will make some folks mad, stay cool, we like what we like:)
Attachments
515 swap.png
515 swap.png (84.44 KiB) Viewed 2829 times
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: CZ515 stock swap

Post by Mattraff » 16 Feb 2021, 10:06 pm

You would need to chop the pic rail down if fitting a wood stock I think. You may need to swap both the stock and fore end to make it work and you would also need a new barrel mount for the fore end.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 17 Feb 2021, 4:44 pm

Mattraff wrote:You would need to chop the pic rail down if fitting a wood stock I think. You may need to swap both the stock and fore end to make it work and you would also need a new barrel mount for the fore end.

From what i can figure (and i may be wrong) I would have to chop the rear of the pic rail (not too much of a hassle if done well) and the rear stocks should just swap neatly. The barrel and actions would stay as is, as would the forends.

BUT... i'm yet to see the two side by side to try!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 17 Feb 2021, 9:40 pm

I had a look at my 515 today and can confirm that you would need to remove the rail as it bolts on to the stock at the rear. The wood stock will bolt on as the receivers are the same. You would need to attach the scope rings to the receiver as the rail needs to be bolted down at the rear and is very loose without the rear screw in as I found out when mine rattled loose at the range one day. The receiver is grooved for standard 11mm rimfire mounts.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 18 Feb 2021, 3:43 pm

Mattraff wrote:I had a look at my 515 today and can confirm that you would need to remove the rail as it bolts on to the stock at the rear. The wood stock will bolt on as the receivers are the same. You would need to attach the scope rings to the receiver as the rail needs to be bolted down at the rear and is very loose without the rear screw in as I found out when mine rattled loose at the range one day. The receiver is grooved for standard 11mm rimfire mounts.

Ah, thanks for that, i didn't take into account that there was no screw there. That puts a small spanner in the works, but not insurmountable. Cheers!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Saltwaterbrock » 31 Aug 2022, 5:49 am

By chopping the rear rail, you may have to take it to a local gunsmith and get a few screws tapped through the rest of the rear rail into the receiver..

I did this anyway for accuracy reasons, being that the pic rail isn't attached to the receiver from factory, tapping three screws through the rail into the receiver.. so it definitely can be done.. cost me about $300 at the gunsmith..
Saltwaterbrock
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Kraken tactical » 31 Aug 2022, 9:40 am

I've got a brand new CZ515 timber stock available
Kraken tactical
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles