Who shoots a Sig P320 X5?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Who shoots a Sig P320 X5?

Post by 0zarrian » 10 Jan 2021, 4:42 am

Hey just wondering who is shooting a P320 x5 here and has recommendations for recoil spring weight for 135gr reloads, factory spring cycles but not alway to lock open on empty, maybe only 25% of the time.

Also anyone know if you can import guide rods without the form. They aren't specified, guessing springs are fine.
0zarrian
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Who shoots a Sig P320 X5?

Post by gunnnie » 13 Jan 2021, 8:57 pm

What's your take on the X5 mate? I'm seriously looking at a 320 X5 Legion for Production Optics comps.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by greg_p » 26 Mar 2021, 4:55 pm

Springer Precision for guide rod and springs. I went with the tungsten for the weight but they also have S/Steel.
Grab a selection of spring weights to allow for you to tune for best results. I am running a 12lb with 135gn HP TGRSRKs and ~4.0gn AP70N

These parts aren't covered under ATARS nor require a B709 Import permit.
Springer Precision's online store doesn't natively accommodate shipment to Australia but drop them an email and they are happy to process your order manually. Mine was via Paypal money request etc..

Have a look around the site while you are there as there is plenty of other goodies. Extended mag release, Magazine Base Pads, grip tape etc... Probably steer clear of the magazine extensions though. :?

That said, better check the rulebook for your intended comp as these mods may bump you into the "Anything Goes" class.

Some other bits that may be of interest:
Don't forget to swing by Armory Craft for your new dual adjustable trigger. :thumbsup:
https://www.armorycraft.com/product-pag ... le-trigger

And then see if you can source the GrayGuns competition trigger kit.
For completeness: GoGuns Gas Pedal. (A great conversation starter with the purists. haha)

Loving my X5.
p.s. I get to shoot Prod. Optics but aren't competitive enough for anyone to worry about the non-production nature of a few parts. I don't practice enough, nor take it too seriously such that I feel that I am cheating other competitors with such an "unfair advantage". lol. The club shoots are pretty casual and they are a mostly good bunch of folks. That makes a big difference.

Cheers
Brain: "Stay Focused, Stay Focused"
Ears: "Shooter Ready?"
Eyes: "Oooh look, a butterfly"
greg_p
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 07 Apr 2021, 8:15 pm

Any of you guys know if you can buy the x5 site plate separately? I have an m17 and the big fat iron sights are not good for competition shooting.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers