Some one is trying again

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Some one is trying again

Post by Farmerpete » 08 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm

Came across this in the qld epetition list thought I'd share it
https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work- ... ls?id=3386

They want c d and h for recreational hunting figure we might as well try.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Some one is trying again

Post by LJC » 15 Jul 2021, 7:07 pm

Where did this end up?
LJC
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Jul 2021, 8:36 pm

At a guess, it was probably filed in the short cylindrical filing cabinet along with banana skins, used tissues, chocolate wrappers and empty milk cartons.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 15 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm

I might try for a permit to build a nuclear reactor in my backyard between my garden shed and lemon tree
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 15 Jul 2021, 9:18 pm

Blr243 wrote:I might try for a permit to build a nuclear reactor in my backyard between my garden shed and lemon tree

i'm apply for a permit to mount a flux capacitor in a HQ holden ute :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dedd » 17 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm

LJC wrote:Where did this end up?

The response:
https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/apps/E-Petitions/Home/DownloadResponse/9c435c8c-0f24-4aea-92d0-fa4ba784e7a1

Spoiler alert the answer was "lol no."
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by ZaineB » 17 Jul 2021, 9:47 pm

a petition is never going to do it, you would need a lower house and senate both keen on the idea anyway, voting makes more sense than a petition, unless you get 5 million signatures or something ridiculous
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by straightshooter » 18 Jul 2021, 8:21 am

The only thing that has any effect on politicians is the apprehension that they may lose their seat on the gravy train and especially if that could happen before they qualify for their parliamentary pension.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Jul 2021, 12:54 pm

straightshooter wrote:The only thing that has any effect on politicians is the apprehension that they may lose their seat on the gravy train and especially if that could happen before they qualify for their parliamentary pension.

Spot on
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ChrisPer » 19 Aug 2021, 11:33 am

straightshooter wrote:The only thing that has any effect on politicians is the apprehension that they may lose their seat on the gravy train and especially if that could happen before they qualify for their parliamentary pension.

Focuses their minds wonderfully.
The best way of achieving that is a carefully targeted "Vote sitting member LAST" campaign.
ChrisPer
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 19 Aug 2021, 11:59 am

Queensland has no upper house. The only government in history(probably) to dissolve themselves back in the 1920s. I truly believe if we had one we would not of got molested the way we did in 1996. The government was going to let us(let us even though they work for us?) use self loading rifles for sports use but was told by a certain Brisbane sports club who got millions of dollars in funding by the fed that shooters don't want them.

However rant over, because we have no upper house change can happen quickly. All it would take is to have a key couple of members to hold the balance of power and we can make all the deals we want. Possibly not self loading firearms but pistols on private land, suppressors and state forrest hunting would be obtainable.

I am so sick of being on the defensive(politically speaking). All we ever do is take it on the chin and accept it. For once I want to start getting back what we lost.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 21 Aug 2021, 6:58 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Queensland has no upper house. The only government in history(probably) to dissolve themselves back in the 1920s. I truly believe if we had one we would not of got molested the way we did in 1996. The government was going to let us(let us even though they work for us?) use self loading rifles for sports use but was told by a certain Brisbane sports club who got millions of dollars in funding by the fed that shooters don't want them.

However rant over, because we have no upper house change can happen quickly. All it would take is to have a key couple of members to hold the balance of power and we can make all the deals we want. Possibly not self loading firearms but pistols on private land, suppressors and state forrest hunting would be obtainable.

I am so sick of being on the defensive(politically speaking). All we ever do is take it on the chin and accept it. For once I want to start getting back what we lost.

Given the sit back fear based culture I‘ve observed even in specific discussion forums I’d say generally Australians have lost their appetite to defend even what personally impacts them, it seems talk has exceeded action.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics