Berger excels in service

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Berger excels in service

Post by Downunder » 22 Jul 2021, 5:41 am

I was chasing some load data options on an unpublished calibre/cartridge projectile combination with a Berger product, an email sent during US business hours yielded a reply in under a minute, whilst policy red tape wouldn’t allow the dissemination of data electronically I was provided the tech support number (or if I provided my number they’d call me) where Upon calling vast amounts of information was freely provided by a very professional Bob.

I don’t use a lot of Berger product but this has prompted me to R&D a bit more.

Regards,

Tony.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Berger excels in service

Post by deye243 » 23 Jul 2021, 1:17 am

Yes Australian business could learn alot from US cs
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Harrynsw » 23 Jul 2021, 1:57 am

Going back some years, I was purchasing archery gear from the USA, a place called Lancaster archery. Whenever I had any queries I'd always receive a prompt email back. It was quite refreshing and made me want to return.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 23 Jul 2021, 10:09 am

deye243 wrote:Yes Australian business could learn alot from US cs

Yeah,I agree. About 5 yrs ago I bought a New Breed bow second hand. Had some questions about tuning so called them up in the states. The lady I got on the phone told me to send a message on Facebook directly to the owner of the company as he was away at the time. I was a bit iffy about doing this but she assured me that it was fine to do.

Sent him a message and he replied with a few hours at most. Turned out he was away hunting and was sitting in stand when replying. Sent him photos and he got back straight away with all the info I needed. This was for a second hand bow and I made sure I told them that. I was gobsmacked.

Here in Australia I generally wait at least a few days for a reply if I email, often weeks.
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 23 Jul 2021, 10:55 am

target shooting is much bigger business over there. it's taboo here, and only getting worse. we are a very PC nation. Meanwhile I've been using Quickload for Berger recipes, that and word of mouth in the target circles. There's some good info on https://www.ozfclass.com/phpbb/index.php - members on there actually know stuff. Best to err on the conservative side, at least to start with.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition