Texas free for all?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Texas free for all?

Post by duncan61 » 13 Sep 2021, 1:00 pm

Regards freedom.I have just bludged off since Wednesday afternoon as I have done a lot of work got myself all stressed out now its all done and I have a reasonable sum of money in the bank.I have no debt and I am 60 and not supporting anyone else.My choices today
.Go down the local lake Carping
.Go to Trigg beach surf fishing
.Go to Innaloo shopping centre and have chinese for $10 and go to Woolworths
.Stay home and sort out my firearms and maybe knock up some ammo even though the amount I have in stock will see me out in my lifetime
.I have just bid on a few small tasks on Airtasker so I feel I am back to work
If that is not freedom I am not sure what is
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 13 Sep 2021, 3:21 pm

duncan61 wrote:Regards freedom.I have just bludged off since Wednesday afternoon as I have done a lot of work got myself all stressed out now its all done and I have a reasonable sum of money in the bank.I have no debt and I am 60 and not supporting anyone else.My choices today
.Stay home and sort out my firearms and maybe knock up some ammo even though the amount I have in stock will see me out in my lifetime

sounds good to me mate . i'm not in a bad spot myself , and am looking into ways of working part time . i've considered Uber , as where i live would be good for that sort of work . airtasker sounds like something i should look into as well :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 13 Sep 2021, 4:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Don't worry zaineb, flights to the US should start up again in the new year. :thumbsup: :violin:

Lol that's a good one OB.

BR, mate I n hear uber eats/door dash etc are what you should do if you live close to Brisbane/Ipswich
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 13 Sep 2021, 5:59 pm

bigrich wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Regards freedom.I have just bludged off since Wednesday afternoon as I have done a lot of work got myself all stressed out now its all done and I have a reasonable sum of money in the bank.I have no debt and I am 60 and not supporting anyone else.My choices today

sounds good to me mate . i'm not in a bad spot myself , and am looking into ways of working part time . i've considered Uber , as where i live would be good for that sort of work . airtasker sounds like something i should look into as well :thumbsup:[/quote)

5 minutes later I landed the reticulation job.It was 8 km from my front door down the coast rd so I went through Scarborough.I switched out one popup I had in stock and glued one back on that had popped the elbow.I ran all the systems and it was all good she was a realy cool chick from Broome so we had a good yarn.She released the Airtasker while I was there so it will be in my bank before 12 tomorrow and she paid extra so I will get $137.60.No one shot me with a handgun or raped me and gave me AIDS so good result.As a Plumber/Gas fitter part time Airtasker works great for me there are a lot of hot water units and gas hotplate switch outs that I make good money on.You can do as much or little as you feel like
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by ZaineB » 13 Sep 2021, 7:19 pm

Bugman wrote:Mate. have a look at yourself. You are going down your old name calling, vindictive pathway. Stick to script or bugger off.

Mate I'm more than happy not being a lemming. cheers.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by ZaineB » 13 Sep 2021, 7:21 pm

bigrich wrote:Poor form zaine. If you’re going to reply, think of something witty to reply with. Schoolyard style personal insults are most unbecoming. You don’t seem to take criticism well, most forum members cop a razzing at some time, don’t take things to seriously. You’ve raised some valid points that I can agree with, and some I don’t. But I still feel you have a view to contribute.
Cheers

I called a spade a spade mate, I'm not going to beat around the bush for the sake of "feelings", wallflowers are just that.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by bigrich » 13 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

ZaineB wrote:
bigrich wrote:Poor form zaine. If you’re going to reply, think of something witty to reply with. Schoolyard style personal insults are most unbecoming. You don’t seem to take criticism well, most forum members cop a razzing at some time, don’t take things to seriously. You’ve raised some valid points that I can agree with, and some I don’t. But I still feel you have a view to contribute.
Cheers

I called a spade a spade mate, I'm not going to beat around the bush for the sake of "feelings", wallflowers are just that.

mate , you concern me at times . anyone who is moderate in their veiws on oz gun laws has been labeled by you as weak , a lemming , fudd ,ect . i could be mistaken , but you seem to be hardline right wing , we should all carry handguns and have semi auto access as a right . is this your stance ?
you seem quite anti establishment , anti government . seem to think we should have a american style constitution mandated above our british empire colonial system . is this also the case or am i mistaken :unknown:

if i am correct on all of the above , i think you seriously should consider moving to the USA . just sayin'.......
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 13 Sep 2021, 7:53 pm

mate its not an "American style system" to have an actual undefeated right to defend you and yours, if anyone actually thinks you have that right here they are just kidding themselves, this is not about the yanks, the poms or anyone else. If our government cant take 5 mins out of being greedy sycophants to simply amend things so that every man woman and child can rightly defend themselves by whatever means necessary, they are nothing short of a malevolent government that would rather have you powerless than empowered. It has nothing to do with wanting to be American, live in America, etc etc, which is the same old slow tarded crap pouring out of people like OB. People here act like you're fine, well thing is, you are until you aren't then when you aren't you have no choice but to act like a sheep lest the law come down on you also. Plenty of places in the world that are not the USA have legal frameworks whereby if someone goes to harm you or is a threat to you and you act in your best interests, regardless of what tools are used, you aren't pursued by the Law and Government for doing so. Australia is not one of those places.

America comes up as an example a lot, why? they actually have rights, anyone opposed to actually having rights is obviously a bit soft boiled mate, that or they have a hard on for fascism. People who have never been in a bad situation, had loved ones in a bad situation, do not know or have (as far as I care) a valid opinion on the matter. Until they find themselves in the position of old mate in NT who was trying to just stay safe whilst trying to save the life of a fellow Aussie, they will keep on the Fudd attitude and as far as I care they are a disgrace to all who's lives were lost fighting for this country, why? no Gaul at all, they would rather be subjects and do as they're told for eternity than stand on their own two feet.

edit: no doubt they will come back with some yawn inducing crap like "mate I can handle myself" and I can protect myself blah blah blah, fact is, maybe, yeah maybe, but in most cases, certainly not legally.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Sep 2021, 8:26 pm

bigrich wrote:
ZaineB wrote:
Cheers

mate , you concern me at times . anyone who is moderate in their veiws on oz gun laws has been labeled by you as weak , a lemming , fudd ,ect . i could be mistaken , but you seem to be hardline right wing , we should all carry handguns and have semi auto access as a right . is this your stance ?
you seem quite anti establishment , anti government . seem to think we should have a american style constitution mandated above our british empire colonial system . is this also the case or am i mistaken :unknown:

if i am correct on all of the above , i think you seriously should consider moving to the USA . just sayin'.......

Lol. Zaineb is just one more who constantly complains about the firearm laws in AU. (we all know they are not perfect) And praises how great it is in the US. But just like the rest when you mention leaving AU to live in US or anywhere else for that matter we discover they are all piss and wind. And to boot starts name calling. Serious lack of maturity IMO.

The point he misses is we don't always get what we want in life and getting angry on line does nothing but put us all in a poor light.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 13 Sep 2021, 8:35 pm

mate you are the last person on here to bring up maturity, you live like a child under a nanny state, you are not "mature" and certainly not free to live your life as you choose, unless your choices fall into some pretty specific parameters, and like I said before, if that is the case, you are nothing more than happy to live in your cage which is categorically not freedom.
Last edited by Blackened on 14 Sep 2021, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate content.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by bigrich » 13 Sep 2021, 8:35 pm

ZaineB wrote:mate its not an "American style system" to have an actual undefeated right to defend you and yours, if anyone actually thinks you have that right here they are just kidding themselves, this is not about the yanks, the poms or anyone else. If our government cant take 5 mins out of being greedy sycophants to simply amend things so that every man woman and child can rightly defend themselves by whatever means necessary, they are nothing short of a malevolent government that would rather have you powerless than empowered. It has nothing to do with wanting to be American, live in America, etc etc, which is the same old slow tarded crap pouring out of people like OB. People here act like you're fine, well thing is, you are until you aren't then when you aren't you have no choice but to act like a sheep lest the law come down on you also. Plenty of places in the world that are not the USA have legal frameworks whereby if someone goes to harm you or is a threat to you and you act in your best interests, regardless of what tools are used, you aren't pursued by the Law and Government for doing so. Australia is not one of those places.

America comes up as an example a lot, why? they actually have rights, anyone opposed to actually having rights is obviously a bit soft boiled mate, that or they have a hard on for fascism. People who have never been in a bad situation, had loved ones in a bad situation, do not know or have (as far as I care) a valid opinion on the matter. Until they find themselves in the position of old mate in NT who was trying to just stay safe whilst trying to save the life of a fellow Aussie, they will keep on the Fudd attitude and as far as I care they are a disgrace to all who's lives were lost fighting for this country, why? no Gaul at all, they would rather be subjects and do as they're told for eternity than stand on their own two feet.

edit: no doubt they will come back with some yawn inducing crap like "mate I can handle myself" and I can protect myself blah blah blah, fact is, maybe, yeah maybe, but in most cases, certainly not legally.

yeah ,okay . some valid concerns and points . what actual right to defend ones self do you think should exist ? i don't think anyone on here is opposed to having rights . what rights are you talking about that you would want to see changed ? are you advocating lethal force ?

i myself grew up in a single parent family in a blue collar suburb in logan . when i was younger i knew bike club members and some scary career crim types . i left that behind me a long time ago . but i've been in some scary life threatening situations , true grit won out for me . that and i'm a big unit ;)
we already have a sorta right to self defence , but it's pretty grey in definition . but you have to prove your actions were just to the authorities . guilty till proven innocent in some cases .depends on what state you live in too.

as for people being "a disgrace " and being scared to stand on their own feet , your showing a total lack of respect to any veiw that differs from your own . you seem quite militant , and are really trolling on others moderate points of veiw . so we should all agree with your more radical veiws or cop a trolling ? doesn't sound very democratic to me . what about the freedoms of others ? agree with me or else . yeah , fascist , communists all used the same hardline attitude . you need to find empathy for others zaine
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 13 Sep 2021, 8:43 pm

ZaineB wrote:
mate you are the last person on here to bring up maturity, you live like a child under a nanny state, you are not "mature" and certainly not free to live your life as you choose, unless your choices fall into some pretty specific parameters, and like I said before, if that is the case, you are nothing more than happy to live in your cage which is categorically not freedom.

not free ? mate can you be more specific ? i can choose my own job, where i want to live , who i can marry , what rifle/shotgun i want . if i want to retire by christmas i can cause i've worked hard all my life . and i'm not free ? :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 13 Sep 2021, 8:48 pm

bigrich wrote:
yeah ,okay . some valid concerns and points . what actual right to defend ones self do you think should exist ? i don't think anyone on here is opposed to having rights . what rights are you talking about that you would want to see changed ? are you advocating lethal force ?

It matters not what a person uses to defend themselves, if someone is attacked they should not have to use equal force, they should be allowed to use whatever force they deem necessary themselves in the moment. If its lethal then sobeit, someone can kill you with their hands, in most instances if you use a weapon of any sort and someone else is unarmed, despite being the aggressor, you have committed aggravated assault or worse under the law. This should not exist. If someone is trying to punch or kick or strangle anyone, the victim should be able to use anything they can to defend themselves and yes this extends well and truly to firearms, as well as use them to ward off attack. Currently both are crimes in Australia.

bigrich wrote:i myself grew up in a single parent family in a blue collar suburb in logan . when i was younger i knew bike club members and some scary career crim types . i left that behind me a long time ago . but i've been in some scary life threatening situations , true grit won out for me . that and i'm a big unit ;)
we already have a sorta right to self defence , but it's pretty grey in definition . but you have to prove your actions were just to the authorities . guilty till proven innocent in some cases .depends on what state you live in too.

Proving your actions seems good in theory, but unless you have been there, you don't know, I do, costs a lot of money to "prove" anything in court, so good luck with that. Also if you use certain "weapons" in a defensive manner, there is nothing you can do to prove innocence as that in itself is a crime. A victim of an attacker shouldn't have to put themselves into considerable debt to prove they were defending themselves or to validate why they did so the way they did.

and yeah what you say about being a big guy is fine for you, but does not suit a lot of people, in fact wouldn't suit over half the populations needs, not everyone has "grit" and not everyone has the physique to exert on others.

bigrich wrote: as for people being "a disgrace " and being scared to stand on their own feet , your showing a total lack of respect to any veiw that differs from your own . you seem quite militant , and are really trolling on others moderate points of veiw . so we should all agree with your more radical veiws or cop a trolling ? doesn't sound very democratic to me . what about the freedoms of others ? agree with me or else . yeah , fascist , communists all used the same hardline attitude . you need to find empathy for others zaine

I know for a fact, from the horses mouth of older blokes who were there, that they hate how society has turned out, I'm not wrong when I say that almost a generation of men died for nothing given where we have let this place devolve to. And sure, maybe, but here's the thing, I'm not even that hardline, I am more or less a complete centrist, but having someone drone on with the same old s**t as OB does is just beyond tolerable, someone with no guts telling someone who is literally advocating for the weakest of Aussies that I am a coward who should move to the USA? what? really? I should listen to that? no thanks.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Blackened » 14 Sep 2021, 12:15 pm

Locking this as there are too many arguments being deleted now. Have left a few obviously inappropriate posts intact so warnings can be attached to them.

Locked.

Move on.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics