100m or 200m rifle range in NSW, South

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

100m or 200m rifle range in NSW, South

Post by pilotsignal » 09 Oct 2021, 10:00 pm

I am sorry guys if I missed a similar topic, but is there any range in Sydney and around its southern parts offering 100m and 200m range for casual booking? I have been checking Hilltop rifle range and they only have 50mm and 500, 800m.
After almost 30 years gap I'd need to start with small to refresh my shooting skills. And this is for .223 rifle.
Thanks.
pilotsignal
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: 100m or 200m rifle range in NSW, South

Post by pomemax » 10 Oct 2021, 12:10 am

Silbverdale SSAA
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 10 Oct 2021, 6:43 am

pilotsignal wrote:I am sorry guys if I missed a similar topic, but is there any range in Sydney and around its southern parts offering 100m and 200m range for casual booking? I have been checking Hilltop rifle range and they only have 50mm and 500, 800m.
After almost 30 years gap I'd need to start with small to refresh my shooting skills. And this is for .223 rifle.
Thanks.

Hi mate. You can do whatever at hilltop. I have so far been to Cecil park and hilltop only. Cecil park is 50m and rimfire only. Hilltops 500m range from memory is what I used and I initially set a target at 50m for sighting-in my 223, then 100m and finally 200m. There were a couple of others shooting up to 500m in that range. You simply put your target at whatever distance you want.

I didn't go to the 800m range.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 10 Oct 2021, 7:27 am

Yeah, hill top is out to 500m on that range, not 500m only. So that will suit your needs.

But, looking on the map last night "greater Sydney" ends about 10km north of the range. I'm not sure if that changes once they throw Shellharbour back into greater Sydney, again
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pilotsignal » 10 Oct 2021, 11:55 am

disco stu wrote:Yeah, hill top is out to 500m on that range, not 500m only. So that will suit your needs.

But, looking on the map last night "greater Sydney" ends about 10km north of the range. I'm not sure if that changes once they throw Shellharbour back into greater Sydney, again

Oh, That I did not know that Hilltop allows 100m at 500m range. Thank you all for contributing :thumbsup: .
BTW, I've just checked that Goulburn range also offers 100m and sent them a message to confirm. Being in Wollongong that is not too far from me either.

P.S. Damn, can't wait to get out of lockdowns and start shooting !
pilotsignal
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 10 Oct 2021, 12:47 pm

3.5 months of not even being able to go into shops that aren't Bunnings is starting to get draining. Was so excited to get to the range next weekend and just do something, anything
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pilotsignal » 11 Oct 2021, 2:05 pm

In case anyone interested, I have received a response from Goulburn range.

"I’m sorry to have to say that we have had restrictions placed on our range for a significant period of time.
We have been working towards having this changed to no avail.
We are basically restricted to rimfire, so will be unable to assist you."
pilotsignal
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 11 Oct 2021, 2:27 pm

That sucks. Hill top doesn't open until 22 October I just saw, but even then it's just a few km into regional nsw so we have to wait until the weekend after (if things actually open up)
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 11 Oct 2021, 8:32 pm

disco stu wrote:That sucks. Hill top doesn't open until 22 October I just saw, but even then it's just a few km into regional nsw so we have to wait until the weekend after (if things actually open up)

What will be their position on unvaccinated or single vax? I know sisc at Cecil park won't allow entry but that may change from 1st December. I'm wondering if hilltop or Silverdale may treat this differently being more of an outdoor range.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by disco stu » 11 Oct 2021, 8:57 pm

Looks like need to be fully freedom punctured...oops, sorry. I meant vaccinated. I'm already done, early adopter, so I didn't pay much attention

https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/southern-h ... ng-complex
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges