Live ammo on film set?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Live ammo on film set?

Post by womble » 02 Dec 2021, 5:36 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Dec 2021, 5:55 pm

womble wrote:Image

Or more generally, anybody or anything that is not him. Soon people will be wondering if he were even involved with the movie, Alec who?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 03 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Larry wrote:The latest is that AB says he didnt pull the trigger. He went as far as saying he would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. So we have another of those magic guns that just go off by themselves.

Yeh, I laughed

Yeah what a prick. How unfortunate he was too that it decided to go off when it was pointed at the woman. A very unfortunate series of events. I also heard he doesn't feel any guilt. Of course why would he? He did nothing wrong, it was the gun.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Dec 2021, 8:30 pm

It was a single action revolver. So he new exactly what he was doing when he moved the hammer back and squeezed the trigger.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2021, 9:01 am

okay AB has come out and said he's not responsable . he pulled the hammer back and it just went off :wtf: . didn't realise she'd been shot till 45 mins later :shock:

i've seen bits of AB's interveiw on the morning news , and can't believe the crap he's pushing :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Dec 2021, 1:48 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Larry wrote:The latest is that AB says he didnt pull the trigger. He went as far as saying he would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. So we have another of those magic guns that just go off by themselves.

Yeh, I laughed

Looking back that was a poor choice of words.
Not laughing at the young woman being shot. I was laughing at ABs pathetic attemp of denial.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 05 Dec 2021, 4:44 pm

bigrich wrote:okay AB has come out and said he's not responsable . he pulled the hammer back and it just went off :wtf: . didn't realise she'd been shot till 45 mins later :shock:

i've seen bits of AB's interveiw on the morning news , and can't believe the crap he's pushing :thumbsdown:

This story has more holes than Blackburn Lancashire (assuming he actually does claim this to be the case).

It's meant to be loaded with inert rounds. Ok, no problem there. But then it goes of in your hand, with inert ammo. That's a big problem. But you didn't pull the trigger, only cocked it? Plausible, I guess. But then it took you 45 min to realise someone was shot, when the unloaded weapon in your hand just went bang, when you didn't even pull the trigger, when it was pointed at/very close someone? Did he decide that was a good moment to stop for morning tea and turned around without even looking, instead of doing what anyone I know would do when an incident like this occurs and go "oh crap, is everyone alright", or at the very least look to where the bullet from the unloaded gun that just went bang in your hand would have landed with mouth agape, glancing back at the gun in your hand occasionally

I was at least open to the fact that maybe he didn't do anything wrong and it was all out of his control before now
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 05 Dec 2021, 7:09 pm

Someone humour me please.
Where does it say that AB took 45 minutes to realise someone was shot?
A N D.....
Why didn't he feel the recoil telling him that the gun had gone off?
O H W A I T..........................
There was no recoil? :? :crazy:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 06 Dec 2021, 6:08 am

It appears AB was at least sufficiently compos mentis to not use the oldest furphy of them all, namely "it went off while I was cleaning it".
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 06 Dec 2021, 4:32 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:Someone humour me please.
Where does it say that AB took 45 minutes to realise someone was shot?
A N D.....
Why didn't he feel the recoil telling him that the gun had gone off?
O H W A I T..........................
There was no recoil? :? :crazy:

he said he didn't realise a live round had gone off for 45 mins in the exert of his interveiw , he said he thought she was hit by wadding and feinted :wtf:
i saw the bits of his recorded interveiw on chanel 9 today program on the weekend
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 06 Dec 2021, 4:54 pm

watch alec baldwin exclusive interveiw , abc news , part 2 . on youtube .watch it and form your own opinion . he's trying to distance himself from any responsability , and makes some questionable statements in my opinion :thumbsdown:

45 mins to a hour before he reckons he realised people had been shot . says he didn't understand why the fella hit in the shoulder was lying on the ground screaming ...... :shock:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Dec 2021, 10:54 pm

I had a deal of sympathy for him initially, a poor armourer not taking care to load properly, a director rushing takes, a general attitude of firearms complacency and yes an accident not only can happen but is likely. Then this "interview", so obviously arranged and scripted by his legal minders and full of ****** about the gun just going off and he never touched the trigger. Those of us familiar with the 4 click action of the Colt SAA, and the Pietta replica used in this fiasco also has a 4 click action, know full well slipping the hammer will NOT fire the round unless the trigger is pulled whether going from 1/4 cock to half cock or half cock to full cock the hammer will always lock on the previous sear unless the trigger is pulled. Even my Armi San Marco SAA does this as does the C&B Uberti and Palmetto. The scabrous dog is spinning bull to try to worm his way out, stuff the bastard.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Dec 2021, 3:34 am

Just gives more credence to my theory of a second shooter behind a grassy knoll.
It’s happened before.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 07 Dec 2021, 3:40 am

I hear a couple if tassie Aussies were in the USA about that time.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Dec 2021, 3:52 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 17 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm

Things are heating up.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 17 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Warrant for AB mobile issued.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/ ... /100708214

Just after he said he was "fully co-operating with Police" the cops have to get a warrant because his lawyer refused to co-operate.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 17 Dec 2021, 4:18 pm

You Tube is full of vids showing just how this shooting could not occur as AB as stated. From hitting half cocked hammers with hard objects trying to get the hammer to release. Only way it will release full travel is with the trigger pulled.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 17 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm

Being a single action revolver with a heavy trigger. He had to of cocked it and pulled the trigger.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Warrant for AB mobile issued.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/ ... /100708214

Just after he said he was "fully co-operating with Police" the cops have to get a warrant because his lawyer refused to co-operate.

Co-operating and giving up your right not to incriminate yourself are two different things.
Last edited by bladeracer on 17 Dec 2021, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 17 Dec 2021, 9:07 pm

Agreed. The legal system works in bizarre ways.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 20 Dec 2021, 3:16 pm

I just saw this which I haven't seen quoted before. I don't know if this was said at the time or is something being cooked up recently. Not sure what they hope to do with implying an issue with the gun as it still required somebody to load a live round or blank in it regardless. Has it been confirmed anywhere yet whether it was a live cartridge with a seated bullet?

"Gutierrez Reed loaded the gun with five dummy rounds before lunch, she said. There was one round that wouldn't go in, so after lunch she took the cleaner, cleaned it out and put another round in, which means there were six dummy rounds in the gun, she said."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Dec 2021, 5:13 pm

The post mortem seems to infer there actually was a bullet, it killed 1 and injured another. I strongly suspect there were more than 6 dummies involved.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 21 Dec 2021, 7:54 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:The post mortem seems to infer there actually was a bullet, it killed 1 and injured another. I strongly suspect there were more than 6 dummies involved.

Yes, I know there was a bullet, but did it come from the cartridge or from elsewhere, like lodged in the barrel and fired by a blank?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Dec 2021, 11:34 pm

bladeracer wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:The post mortem seems to infer there actually was a bullet, it killed 1 and injured another. I strongly suspect there were more than 6 dummies involved.

Yes, I know there was a bullet, but did it come from the cartridge or from elsewhere, like lodged in the barrel and fired by a blank?

It could not be a squib later discharged by a blank, blanks wouldn't propel it fast enough from a revolver to do what it did. It would also require the armourer to have lied as she has given a statement indicating she personally cleaned the gun prior to loading. The Sheriff has stated he seized "blanks, dummies and live ammo" from the site which indicates to me 3 distinct cartridges a blank, either star crimped or otherwise sealed, a dummy, cartridges mocked up to look like a real cartridge which is what is found in the gunbelts of movie actors and in scenes of loading etc, and live ammo sometimes used for effects. The armourer said in her statement she "dummied up" the gun which I take to mean she loaded dummies not blanks. Poor handling and on-set pressures by an inexperienced armourer and an unrelentingly demanding directorial staff seem to me most likely for this cock-up, As for any other possibility, the FBI have already forensically matched the bullet removed from Mr Souza's shoulder to the gun Baldwin was holding. Somehow a live round was mixed with the dummies, Baldwin drew the pistol cocked and fired it, (despite his protestations to the contrary) and it struck Mrs Hutchins and Mr Souza. Only the inquest can possibly get to the bottom of this, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 21 Dec 2021, 11:49 pm

George Clooney slams Rust producers and calls shooting incident ‘insane’

George Clooney has strongly criticised the producers of Rust after Halyna Hutchins was shot and killed on the set of the film.

Clooney, in an interview on WTF with Marc Maron, laid into the producers of the film: “Why for the life of me this low-budget film, with producers who haven’t produced anything, wouldn’t have hired, for the armourer, someone with experience.”

He then called the situation “insane” and “infuriating”.

Clooney also detailed his experience of working with guns on movies: “I’ve been on sets for 40 years and the person that hands you the gun, the person that is responsible for the gun is either the prop person or the armour. Period.”

The Hail Caesar star added: “Every single time I’m handed a gun on set, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew, every single take you hand it back to the armour when you’re done, and you do it again. Everyone does it.”

Clooney also talked about the safety process when he has used a gun in a film: “We need to be better at making the heads of department experienced and know what they’re doing. Because this is just infuriating.Every time I get handed a six gun, you point it at the ground and you fire. You squeeze it six times. Always

The actor and director also addressed claims the assistant director called out “cold gun” on set signifying that the gun was safe to use: ”I’ve never heard of the term ‘cold gun’, they’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s infuriating.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/george-clooney-calls-rust-shooting-incident-insane-b1958161.html

Looks like a few are calling BS on AB
Attachments
kirstie.jpg
kirstie.jpg (71.56 KiB) Viewed 8459 times
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 12 Jan 2022, 10:25 am

Brandon Herrera - Testing Alec Baldwin's Revolver Theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NI1fTx8tI
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 13 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm

The latest "No, No, NOT ME!" in this sad saga, the on-set armourer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is suing the ammo supplier Seth Kenney for mixing live rounds in the packets of dummy rounds and therefore introducing live rounds on set without her knowledge. So what happens now to the statements of cast and crew of using the firearms on set with live ammo?
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Jan 2022, 5:37 pm

Such a nice bloke :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwG5y-hdurQ
The video doesn't have anything to do with the story though, it's just stock footage of red carpet mainly.

"(20 Jan 2022) ALEC BALDWIN SUED FOR DEFAMATION BY FAMILY OF SLAIN MARINE

The widow and two sisters of a U.S. Marine killed in Afghanistan are suing Alec Baldwin, alleging the actor exposed them to a flood of social media hatred by claiming on Instagram that one sister was an "insurrectionist" for attending former President Donald Trump's Washington, D.C., rally on Jan. 6 last year.

The sister, Roice McCollum, protested peacefully and legally; was not among those who stormed the U.S. Capitol that day and, after being interviewed by the FBI, "was never detained, arrested, accused of or charged with any crime," according to the lawsuit filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Cheyenne.

The lawsuit comes as Baldwin is immersed in an ongoing investigation into the death of a cinematographer and the wounding of a director last fall after a prop gun the actor was holding on a movie set went off.

Last year, Baldwin sent McCollum a $5,000 check to help the widow of her brother Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum of Jackson, who was among 13 U.S. soldiers killed in a suicide bombing Aug. 26 at the Kabul airport, according to the lawsuit.

On Jan. 3 of this year, the lawsuit says, the actor privately messaged Roice McCollum on Instagram soon after she posted an almost year-old photo of the Trump rally, asking if she was the same woman who'd taken his donation. The suit says McCollum confirmed she was at the protest and told Baldwin, "Protesting is perfectly legal."

The suit says Baldwin responded by remarking that "her activities resulted in the unlawful destruction of government property, the death of a law enforcement officer, an assault on the certification of the presidential election," and told McCollum that he'd reposted the photo to his 2.4 million Instagram followers.

"Good luck," Baldwin wrote, according to the lawsuit.

"Baldwin plainly ignored Roice's denial of rioting and the assertion that she was cleared by the FBI for participating in any of the conduct Baldwin chose to falsely attribute to her via his massive following," the lawsuit reads.

Representatives for Baldwin didn't immediately return email and phone messages Wednesday. FBI officials in Denver didn't return email messages Wednesday asking if the lawsuit's assertions about Roice McCollum are true. Federal court records reviewed by The Associated Press did not show any criminal charges against her.

After Baldwin shared the photo of the Jan. 6 protest on social media, Roice McCollum got "hundreds upon hundreds of hateful messages," including one telling her to "get raped and die" and that her brother "got what he deserved," according to the lawsuit.

In a post under his Instagram account, #alecbaldwininsta, Baldwin called that message "abhorrent," and told Roice McCollum, "There are hateful things posted toward you that are wrong," according to computer screenshots filed in the case.

The lawsuit says Baldwin didn't do anything to remedy the situation, however. And by sharing the photo, he "lit the match and blew on the fire," resulting in the hateful messages and death threats not only against Roice McCollum but also against Rylee McCollum's other sister, Cheyenne McCollum, and widow, Jiennah McCollum, it says.

The lawsuit, first reported by the Casper Star-Tribune, alleges invasion of privacy, defamation, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress and seeks $25 million in damages.

Jiennah McCollum gave birth to her late husband's daughter in September. Online fundraisers have raised around $1 million for the widow and child."
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by perentie » 24 Feb 2022, 8:33 am

This came up on another Forum so I chucked it in here as may be of interest.
I did not watch it all the way through as the sound quality made it too hard for my old deaf ears to translate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhrvSMNq6bA
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics