Matt Carricker's collection

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Matt Carricker's collection

Post by bladeracer » 02 Jan 2022, 1:20 pm

Matt (Demolition Ranch) must've spent days carting his firearms out to his range, very impressive.
https://youtu.be/3YRCzhSuYDg
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Matt Carricker's collection

Post by Wm.Traynor » 02 Jan 2022, 3:33 pm

Heaven help me! I actually liked watching :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by womble » 02 Jan 2022, 3:46 pm

This actually is taking forever :)
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Jan 2022, 3:52 pm

Bubbas customs need to sell me an Adler trench gun
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Jan 2022, 4:10 pm

It's not just me I hope, does anybody else feel like watching again just to make a list :-)

I had a little fondle of a beautiful luger last week, tempted to get a bloody collectors licence again now!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by G-Swiss » 02 Jan 2022, 4:39 pm

Cleaning them all afterwards will be a bitch
G-Swiss
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by womble » 02 Jan 2022, 4:47 pm

I had been suppressing my genuine need for a Henry golden boy.
Now I’m struggling with it.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 02 Jan 2022, 7:11 pm

G-Swiss wrote:Cleaning them all afterwards will be a bitch

Y E S !!!
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Jan 2022, 7:51 pm

Gosh I love America! This should be every red blooded males backyard.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 02 Jan 2022, 7:57 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Gosh I love America! This should be every red blooded males backyard.

It helps to be a multimillionaire though :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 04 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm

I had an urge to get my collectors licence after handeling a mates uzi,thompson,sten and mg42
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2022, 3:10 pm

northdude wrote:I had an urge to get my collectors licence after handeling a mates uzi,thompson,sten and mg42

How do collectors licences work over there these days?
Can you use collector-licenced firearms?
Do they have to be deactivated at all?
The Uzi, Thompson and I think the Sten are available as closed-bolt semis, are you allowed to own those in NZ? I'm sure somebody must do semi conversions of the MG42 as well.

In the US some states allow converting Stens to semi but I can't recall ever seeing a semi-auto version manufactured for sale.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 04 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:I had an urge to get my collectors licence after handeling a mates uzi,thompson,sten and mg42

The Uzi, Thompson and I think the Sten are available as closed-bolt semis, are you allowed to own those in NZ? I'm sure somebody must do semi conversions of the MG42 as well.

In the US some states allow converting Stens to semi but I can't recall ever seeing a semi-auto version manufactured for sale.

Collectors licence in NZ allows fully functioning automatics.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by northdude » 04 Jan 2022, 3:42 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

this. they are fully functioning fully automatic. your allowed the ammo as well but not allowed to fire it. this guys got Vickers and all kinds of cool stuff. I must admit the mg42 had a strange evil presence about it.
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2022, 5:57 pm

bladeracer wrote:

But you can never actually fire them?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2022, 6:02 pm

It's good that at least they are able to be preserved in public hands, but sad that they can't be used.

northdude wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

this. they are fully functioning fully automatic. your allowed the ammo as well but not allowed to fire it. this guys got Vickers and all kinds of cool stuff. I must admit the mg42 had a strange evil presence about it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 05 Jan 2022, 6:19 am

bladeracer wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

But you can never actually fire them?

Now, here's a thought.
They don't (yet) have to account for all the ammo they might have, so who would know that a full-auto "piece" hadn't been used to consume a case or two of that ammo?
Just a thought :)
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by northdude » 05 Jan 2022, 6:27 am

Yep. I guess plenty get fired. Quite a lot of people have pistols on their collectors licence. Just have a case of blanks sitting around....we are allowed bp cannons and allowed to fire them as well
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by No1_49er » 05 Jan 2022, 7:01 am

The thing that is so obvious, from watching that video, is that barring a couple of occasions, he only fired ONE AT A TIME. Amazing.
Now, here's the thing.
What the f^k does it matter how many firearms a person owns! We all know that they have to be kept secure, in however many cabinets or strong-rooms as are required.
Last time I checked, I had "quite a few" :) But I can only ever use one at a time. No pistols; only rifles.
If I own one, why does the security requirement for 101 become so much more onerous? A security cabinet might contain 25, but, depending on the requirements of the relevant jurisdiction, another 1, 2 or 3 (or more) cabinets somehow now needs altogether different "monitoring" arrangements.
If some miscreant is going to attempt to cause some grief, no "back to base" monitoring is going to slow them or stop them.
That of course is our curse. Politicians do what politicians think they have to do (often at the behest of the police service) by imposing more and more "law" on the good guys. The miscreants don't give a f^k and just carry on, as they always will. But WE pay the price.
End rant.
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Jan 2022, 7:52 am

Old mate lives in the land of the free. No such thing as "secure storage laws" there. Maybe in the crap states like California, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts.

It is ridiculous to be told how to store your own property.

What's that new law in Victoria where you can't even store non firearm related items in the safe? Imagine getting told you cant store your golf clubs with cricket bats. Any other sub group and it would be called discrimination but molestation against legal firearms and it is all good. :allegedly:
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 10:04 am

northdude wrote:Yep. I guess plenty get fired. Quite a lot of people have pistols on their collectors licence. Just have a case of blanks sitting around....we are allowed bp cannons and allowed to fire them as well

Blanks? Blank ammo is not shooting, it's just making noise, especially in semis that won't even function with blanks. The last army open-day I went to they had a long queue to "shoot the F88". Sounded awesome until I saw they were blanks, no thanks!

We can have blackpowder cannons here in Victoria as well, CatB, so we can take them out shooting whenever we want, if we have enough powder. Can't fire explosive shells though.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 05 Jan 2022, 10:14 am

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:Yep. I guess plenty get fired. Quite a lot of people have pistols on their collectors licence. Just have a case of blanks sitting around....we are allowed bp cannons and allowed to fire them as well

Blanks? Blank ammo is not shooting, it's just making noise, especially in semis that won't even function with blanks. The last army open-day I went to they had a long queue to "shoot the F88". Sounded awesome until I saw they were blanks, no thanks!

We can have blackpowder cannons here in Victoria as well, CatB, so we can take them out shooting whenever we want, if we have enough powder. Can't fire explosive shells though.

Except for that little bit in legislation that specifially bans us from using BP cannons for hunting. Would love to know how they came up with that,
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 10:16 am

No1Mk3 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Except for that little bit in legislation that specifially bans us from using BP cannons for hunting. Would love to know how they came up with that,

Probably comes down to lack of accuracy :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 05 Jan 2022, 10:19 am

bladeracer wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Probably comes down to lack of accuracy :-)

The inaccuracy is in the thought process of the f^kwits that dream that sh1t up.
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by northdude » 05 Jan 2022, 10:32 am

Who would take a bp cannon hunting?
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by womble » 05 Jan 2022, 10:44 am

How do you even get hunting with cannons banned in the first place. :wtf:
Too many people putting a cannon ball through their foot when climbing over fences ??
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Jan 2022, 10:51 am

In Queensland a muzzle loading black powder cannon with a barrel under 120cm is a cat A weapon. So I guess you could wait for a mob of pigs or dogs to come onto your property and shoot them and it would be just as lawful as shooting any other cat A weapon.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 12:48 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:In Queensland a muzzle loading black powder cannon with a barrel under 120cm is a cat A weapon. So I guess you could wait for a mob of pigs or dogs to come onto your property and shoot them and it would be just as lawful as shooting any other cat A weapon.

Except for the animal welfare laws.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 05 Jan 2022, 12:52 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Old mate lives in the land of the free. No such thing as "secure storage laws" there. Maybe in the crap states like California, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts.

What's that new law in Victoria where you can't even store non firearm related items in the safe? Imagine getting told you cant store your golf clubs with cricket bats. Any other sub group and it would be called discrimination but molestation against legal firearms and it is all good. :allegedly:

I remember pre ‘96 lots of people kept guns in the back of their wardrobes. And lots of guns got stolen too.
Even if keeping my firearms in a safe wasn’t a requirement, I would lock them up anyway, as it’s just common sense against theft. Even more so if they were really collectable or valuable :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 1:02 pm

bigrich wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Old mate lives in the land of the free. No such thing as "secure storage laws" there. Maybe in the crap states like California, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts.

I remember pre ‘96 lots of people kept guns in the back of their wardrobes. And lots of guns got stolen too.
Even if keeping my firearms in a safe wasn’t a requirement, I would lock them up anyway, as it’s just common sense against theft. Even more so if they were really collectable or valuable :thumbsup:

As a kid in SA my rifles and guns lived in the wardrobe behind my clothes.
WA required pistol safes even in 1990 but I don't recall any laws requiring safes for longarms. A mate had a roller door installed across the end of his hallway in the eighties and all his firearms were locked in there.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation