Matt Carricker's collection

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Matt Carricker's collection

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm

Yes it is a good idea to keep firearms that are not in use securely stored. However I disagree with the concept of the government telling people how to secure their property.

I much prefer the way they do in a lot of overseas jurisdictions. They make it a crime of criminal negligence if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm. So the law put the onus on the individual to make sure their property is secure not tell step by step how to do it. That's the individualist mindset over the nanny state mindset.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Jan 2022, 7:13 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Yes it is a good idea to keep firearms that are not in use securely stored. However I disagree with the concept of the government telling people how to secure their property.

I much prefer the way they do in a lot of overseas jurisdictions. They make it a crime of criminal negligence if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm. So the law put the onus on the individual to make sure their property is secure not tell step by step how to do it. That's the individualist mindset over the nanny state mindset.

unfortunately , some people don't have a lot of common sense or are just too damn lazy to secure stuff properly . hence , in steps big brother :roll:

work health and safety is a growing beaurocratic and regulatory monster for similar reasons :cry:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 05 Jan 2022, 7:17 pm

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:Yep. I guess plenty get fired. Quite a lot of people have pistols on their collectors licence. Just have a case of blanks sitting around....we are allowed bp cannons and allowed to fire them as well

Blanks? Blank ammo is not shooting, it's just making noise, especially in semis that won't even function with blanks. The last army open-day I went to they had a long queue to "shoot the F88". Sounded awesome until I saw they were blanks, no thanks!

We can have blackpowder cannons here in Victoria as well, CatB, so we can take them out shooting whenever we want, if we have enough powder. Can't fire explosive shells though.

It was just blanks being fired that someone rang you about officer..
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by northdude » 05 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm

mates vickers has some kind of attachment some clever guy made up so it will function on blanks, I'm guessing some kind of restrictor but haven't seen the actual device myself
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 7:24 pm

northdude wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:Yep. I guess plenty get fired. Quite a lot of people have pistols on their collectors licence. Just have a case of blanks sitting around....we are allowed bp cannons and allowed to fire them as well

Blanks? Blank ammo is not shooting, it's just making noise, especially in semis that won't even function with blanks. The last army open-day I went to they had a long queue to "shoot the F88". Sounded awesome until I saw they were blanks, no thanks!

We can have blackpowder cannons here in Victoria as well, CatB, so we can take them out shooting whenever we want, if we have enough powder. Can't fire explosive shells though.

It was just blanks being fired that someone rang you about officer..

Blanks would get the same charges as live ammo if you aren't allowed to fire the gun at all.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 7:25 pm

northdude wrote:mates vickers has some kind of attachment some clever guy made up so it will function on blanks, I'm guessing some kind of restrictor but haven't seen the actual device myself

Yes, you can get blank firing adapters, but you're still only firing blanks so why bother.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Jan 2022, 3:40 am

If you took it out on a boat far enough i think you could use it live ammo.
But just a canon on a tinny and I’d be a happy man.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 06 Jan 2022, 6:48 am

bladeracer wrote:
northdude wrote:mates vickers has some kind of attachment some clever guy made up so it will function on blanks, I'm guessing some kind of restrictor but haven't seen the actual device myself

Yes, you can get blank firing adapters, but you're still only firing blanks so why bother.

I think that about a lot of things people do but if they like doing it and its not harming anyone its cool with me...
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 06 Jan 2022, 11:51 am

northdude wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I think that about a lot of things people do but if they like doing it and its not harming anyone its cool with me...

Absolutely, if it's legal go for it!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2023, 3:56 am

Matt decided to bring them all out again, maybe this is going to be a new years thing from now on for him :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLOOTjezr1A
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation