CZ 600 Series Rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

CZ 600 Series Rifles

Post by InisBineest » 17 Nov 2021, 8:31 pm

So... a new line of CZ rifles. I was waiting for this, but i must admit, I am feeling a little let down.

I've always liked CZ for their more traditional take on rifles, and the occasional modern twist. But this new line... well, they do look interesting (and i like interesting) but not for the same reason i've enjoyed CZ in the past.

I will admit, the 600 Trail looks interesting as a pack rifle, with its telescopic stock and short barrel... not sure how much of that it will be able to keep as it comes into Aus though. I hope it is a lighter thing too.

Any chance of a Mannlicher style stock on the Lux? Now that would be something i'd jump on:D

Also looks like you can switch out barrels on some of them. That could be useful if they can make it work affordably.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: CZ 600 Series Rifles

Post by bladeracer » 17 Nov 2021, 10:01 pm

InisBineest wrote:So... a new line of CZ rifles. I was waiting for this, but i must admit, I am feeling a little let down.

I've always liked CZ for their more traditional take on rifles, and the occasional modern twist. But this new line... well, they do look interesting (and i like interesting) but not for the same reason i've enjoyed CZ in the past.

I will admit, the 600 Trail looks interesting as a pack rifle, with its telescopic stock and short barrel... not sure how much of that it will be able to keep as it comes into Aus though. I hope it is a lighter thing too.

Any chance of a Mannlicher style stock on the Lux? Now that would be something i'd jump on:D

Also looks like you can switch out barrels on some of them. That could be useful if they can make it work affordably.

I like the look of that collapsible stock, but the 16" barrel makes it 690mm overall, which I don't think will be legal in any state unfortunately. If they offered an 18" option it looks like a nice light compact deer rifle. Although at 2.8kg, it's 250gm heavier than than the 16" Ruger American ranch Rifle.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Nov 2021, 6:16 am

bladeracer wrote:
InisBineest wrote:So... a new line of CZ rifles. I was waiting for this, but i must admit, I am feeling a little let down.

I like the look of that collapsible stock, but the 16" barrel makes it 690mm overall, which I don't think will be legal in any state unfortunately. If they offered an 18" option it looks like a nice light compact deer rifle. Although at 2.8kg, it's 250gm heavier than than the 16" Ruger American ranch Rifle.

Any length of firearm is legal. Just requires the correct licence. But yes it would be ridiculous to use this in a handgun competition.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 18 Nov 2021, 9:31 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Any length of firearm is legal. Just requires the correct licence. But yes it would be ridiculous to use this in a handgun competition.

Technically, you are correct, if you include collectors licences, but anybody buying something like this probably wants to actually go shooting with it.

Isn't there a maximum length for handguns in all states as well? There's an area in overall length in between classification as a rifle or a handgun? If law puts minimum rifle length at 750mm, and maximum handgun length at 650mm for example, where does that leave a 690mm firearm?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Nov 2021, 10:15 am

bladeracer wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Technically, you are correct, if you include collectors licences, but anybody buying something like this probably wants to actually go shooting with it.

Isn't there a maximum length for handguns in all states as well? There's an area in overall length in between classification as a rifle or a handgun? If law puts minimum rifle length at 750mm, and maximum handgun length at 650mm for example, where does that leave a 690mm firearm?

In Queensland it is rather weird. Under 75cm in length is a cat H except if it is a powerhead or Cat C,D or R firearm.

So this new CZ 600 could be registered in Queensland as a bolt action cat H the same as a Glock pistol.

That's the stupidity of the law. You can have a semi auto pistol for sports use under 75cm but not a semi auto rifle for sports use over 75cm.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (108.07 KiB) Viewed 5129 times
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Cooper » 18 Nov 2021, 10:30 am

The new 600 series does look interesting. I have 3 CZ 527 rifles and I like them quite a lot. I was aware that the Cz527s were been discontinued. But the new rifle is also replacing the Cz557. And others?

Haven’t seen too much on the barrel swap details. But looks like there is going to be 3 different action lengths. Mini for the 223 and 7.62x39 and 224 Valkyrie??(us market?) a medium for 308/6.5 creedmoor and 6.5 PRC and a magnum length for 30 06. Etc.

The new easy adjustable (clickable) trigger adjust looks good and I didn’t hate the look of the new safety setup.

I probably like the range model the most.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 18 Nov 2021, 6:18 pm

Hopefully a cz650 safari magnum will return.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 20 Nov 2021, 7:21 am

MontyShooter wrote:Hopefully a cz650 safari magnum will return.

Hopefully cz go back to making decent guns
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lentman » 01 Feb 2022, 2:17 pm

I have just heard back from Winchester Australia. The CZ600 series will be release in Australia in the coming weeks.
Lentman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 02 Feb 2022, 4:35 pm

God,just looked at their 600 lux.....the only one that looks remotely decent.....and its still frigging horrible.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 02 Feb 2022, 4:54 pm

The Lux is a Steel action, slick bolt and top feeding with mag in, sounds reasonable

Looks better in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1OK3bhjpdk
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 02 Feb 2022, 5:04 pm

With hideous fish scale checkering,a stupid looking walnut bolt knob, and horrible looking skeletal front sight cover....they should have stuck with the 500 series
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 02 Feb 2022, 5:42 pm

Bill wrote:The Lux is a Steel action, slick bolt and top feeding with mag in, sounds reasonable

Looks better in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1OK3bhjpdk

The rifle looks nice enough, but nothing special. The front sight shroud is interesting, sort of restricts the directions that light can hit the blade from.

I really struggle to take British shooter's opinions seriously. He probably just fired half the ammo that day that he's allowed to possess at any one time.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 02 Feb 2022, 7:13 pm

I'd rather well done fish scale checkering than than some of the drill bit checkering on some of the Rugers Ive owned. :lol:

Are British laws that restrictive for long arms ??
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 02 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm

Bill wrote:I'd rather well done fish scale checkering than than some of the drill bit checkering on some of the Rugers Ive owned. :lol:

Are British laws that restrictive for long arms ??

They have "slots" on their licence I believe, so a limited number of firearms. Shotguns I think are significantly more relaxed. Ammunition is extremely limited. I was told some time ago that you were allowed to possess 150rds for a centrefire rifle, but you can apply to expand it to several hundred rounds. They dropped the limit on bullets I think, so it only applies to live ammo. Also restricted in possession of expanding bullets. Laws vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Handguns are essentially entirely banned so they do pistol competition with handguns modified with long barrels and wire stocks to make them over 600mm long I think.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by jwai86 » 18 Feb 2022, 2:16 pm

Winchester Australia now has the CZ 600 series on their website, but they are only offering the Alpha, Ergo and Lux models.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MontyShooter » 18 Feb 2022, 5:52 pm

I hope the trail makes it here but it doesn't look good at least in Vic where there is a 750mm minimum length. The trail is 690mm at its shortest. Maybe a pinned minimum will be made but I doubt it.
Would have been a fun gun in 7.62x39.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by solarpak » 02 Apr 2022, 9:38 pm

If you have the good old CZ550/555/557.......hold onto them..........

The new CZ600 - only the Lux appeals - all steel action ............the ones with an alloy action .... why??

Only time will tell if they are successful .........will be looking forward to shooting a few of the new models.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by InisBineest » 03 Apr 2022, 9:02 am

solarpak wrote:If you have the good old CZ550/555/557.......hold onto them..........

The new CZ600 - only the Lux appeals - all steel action ............the ones with an alloy action .... why??

Only time will tell if they are successful .........will be looking forward to shooting a few of the new models.

C.

I'm not against alloy actions, given how far things have come in terms of metallurgy. Also that the bolt locks into the barrel, not the action in this case. The action itself is more of a bolt guide than anything that retains and of the forces involved in firing. A system that has proven itself in many rifles that use barrel extensions to hold the barrel and the bolt together when firing.

That said, given the choice, I still like steel:) if I were to jump onboard with a 600, I'd prefer the trail or the lux. Not sold on the plastic/laminate stocked ones. Just preference though, nothing personal;)
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by solarpak » 03 Apr 2022, 8:52 pm

Yep - the Lux would be sweet .........especially in 7x57!!!.......which is wishful thinking.

Still long for my CZ550 in 270 with the most gorgeous walnut .......that i foolishly sold !!! Oh well.......

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 23 Apr 2022, 9:39 am

Screenshot_20220423-090830_Gallery.jpg
Should never have discontinued their older models.....
Screenshot_20220423-090830_Gallery.jpg (148.87 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by jwai86 » 23 Apr 2022, 12:12 pm

As unfortunate as this defect is, I'm not sure if many CZ 600 rifles have made it into Australian retail circulation yet.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Shootermick » 15 Feb 2023, 8:15 pm

Has anyone seen one of these yet? I think the Trail has been fitted with a longer barrel to comply with minimum lengths when the stock is collapsed.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Billo » 16 Feb 2023, 10:29 am

Shootermick wrote:Has anyone seen one of these yet? I think the Trail has been fitted with a longer barrel to comply with minimum lengths when the stock is collapsed.

Yeah Mick Ive handle the short barreled 308 with tupperware stock at St Marys rifle range, its different. alot of weight in the mid section, stock is not that comfy. No idea is CZ has lost the plot a bit with the ergonomics. Might be different in the field thou :thumbsup:
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles