Conventional buttstock for Stoeger M3000 tactical

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Conventional buttstock for Stoeger M3000 tactical

Post by thunderbird » 10 Nov 2021, 3:02 pm

I really do not like the pistol grip of the Stoeger m3000 tactical. Just wondering if there is any conventional buttstock that fits it?
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Conventional buttstock for Stoeger M3000 tactical

Post by womble » 10 Nov 2021, 4:08 pm

There is but it’s hard to get.
Because you’d have to buy it from stoeger in the US or Canada. And they could’nt be bothered with the paperwork. Plus you’d need to submit an import permit.
The other option is the magpul sga stock for a mossberg 500. Which itself is not hard to get. However, then you need to buy an adaptor from moa precision, but they’re in the US, so that’s not worth their while either.
It can be done but it’s a lot of pissing around. Freight forwarder and US address.

I have the same gun and the pistol grip stock is’nt growing on me. I just don’t like it. Was hoping I’d get the feel for it but nope.
I like the gun, but this is the first shotty I’ve owned with a pistol grip and it feels wrong.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 10 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

thunderbird wrote:I really do not like the pistol grip of the Stoeger m3000 tactical. Just wondering if there is any conventional buttstock that fits it?

I'm not familiar with the gun but if it comes in different versions with different stocks, just have your dealer order you a stock from the model you want.

When I bought my Dickenson T1000 standard gun, I ordered the buttstock and barrel from the Tactical version as well so I can swap between conventional and pistol-grip stocks and 20" and 28" barrels. They were not expensive and from memory were in stock here in Oz. It's also possible that Stoeger use a standard pattern from a common design like a Mossberg, Remington or Winchester, but it might take some research to determine that.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 10 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

Stoeger appears to be imported through Beretta Australia.
https://www.berettaaustralia.com.au/stoeger
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Nov 2021, 4:47 pm

Yes you could try that. But it would not be a timely exercise.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by M3D1C » 13 Nov 2021, 1:29 am

Like others have said, you can get the adapter and other bits from overseas. It's a bit of a pain, but I've found the Stoeger to be a better piece of kit than the Dickinson or Adler so I don't mind investing a bit in it
M3D1C
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by thunderbird » 18 Dec 2021, 5:40 pm

Thanks, guys. I do see the option of using magpul sga stock with moa precision adapter. But could. not bother to get it from US.
I may try to see if I can order a buttstock from the dealer.
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by thunderbird » 18 Dec 2021, 5:42 pm

bladeracer wrote:Stoeger appears to be imported through Beretta Australia.

That is correct. I contacted the beretta Australia but they do not sell stock separately
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 19 Dec 2021, 11:18 am

thunderbird wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Stoeger appears to be imported through Beretta Australia.

That is correct. I contacted the beretta Australia but they do not sell stock separately

So how do they expect you to replace it if you break one?
I'd email Stoeger or Benelli in the US and tell them the local distributor won't sell you a butt stock for your gun. If they'll ship it to you you will need a B709 import permit but as it is not restricted in any way it won't be a problem.

You could try emailing Boyd's as well.
https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/group/bl ... ction-type

The manual shows the butt to be attached with a simple axial bolt similar to so many others.
You could probably adapt most models to fit, either by modifying the end of the butt stock to mate to the receiver, or making an adaptor plate out of aluminium.
https://www.stoegerindustries.com/sites ... manual.pdf

Or talk to local dealers, maybe somebody is scrapping an old gun you can grab the butt stock off to try making it fit.

Brownells don't list the butt stock specifically that I can find (I'm using a phone though, which really messes up websites), but you could try emailing them. If they can get it then email Bruce at Brownells.com.au and ask him to add it to the website so you can order it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wazz » 30 Dec 2021, 8:29 pm

Mate I have a synthetic conventional stock of a Adler straight pull it also fits a dickson and pardus straight pull and looking at the receiver angle on the stoeger in pictures I bet it would fit. I can take some pictures and send them to you if you like.
wazz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by womble » 04 Jan 2022, 7:37 am

Yep probably. Perhaps not a precise fit up, maybe left with some raised edges. But still entirely functional.
I’d put money on stoeger buttstocks being manufactured with benelli moulds. Not hard to source a benelli buttstock.

Personally my hatred for this individual fingered rubberised pistol grip grows stronger each day. It’s the dumbest thing ever. I hate it so much.
But I’m going to buy locally because i just cant be assed with a b709 for it.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Jan 2022, 3:52 am

womble wrote:Yep probably. Perhaps not a precise fit up, maybe left with some raised edges. But still entirely functional.
I’d put money on stoeger buttstocks being manufactured with benelli moulds. Not hard to source a benelli buttstock.

After a considerable amount of searching i find i have been entirely wrong in that assertion.
The stoeger fit up is very unique. The receiver would sit high and proud on anything you tried to modify. The closest thing is a mossberg, but not near close enough.

You could try Turkish retailers. They care nothing for laws and permits. But i dont think even they understand their own language.
And you will get a please explain from customs. And you probably just ordered a kebab fryer or something.

So these are the stocks made for it https://www.stoeger.com.tr/dipcikler

And these are the people you need to hound for them https://www.stoeger.com.tr/international
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wazz » 11 Jan 2022, 2:19 pm

This is the spare Adler stock.
Attachments
stock2 (2).jpg
stock2 (2).jpg (215.3 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
stock 3 (2).jpg
stock 3 (2).jpg (177.66 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
stock4 (2).jpg
stock4 (2).jpg (256.61 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
stock 1 (3).jpg
stock 1 (3).jpg (194.17 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
wazz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by womble » 11 Jan 2022, 3:23 pm

That’s interesting. The rear of the stoeger receiver is quite tall. But still, a dremel here and a drill there might make that work. :drinks:

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jan 2022, 3:25 pm

wazz wrote:This is the spare Adler stock.

Very handy.
I'll try to remember to post pics of the Dickenson fitment when I get home.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wazz » 11 Jan 2022, 7:10 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Very handy.
I'll try to remember to post pics of the Dickenson fitment when I get home.

Should be the same I bought a pistol grip for the Adler that was advertised as to fit Adler,Dickinson,Pardus straight pulls
wazz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jan 2022, 7:44 pm

The T1000 has a 25mm square that sits up 3mm.

I would get a piece of aluminium plate 6mm or 8mm thick. Cut one side of it to mate to your receiver, cut the other side to mate with whatever stock you want to use.
Attachments
011202220742.jpg
011202220742.jpg (98.32 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
011202220450.jpg
011202220450.jpg (245.8 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
0112022201037.jpg
0112022201037.jpg (160.6 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jan 2022, 3:39 am

Thanks blade .
Yes i think your own custom alloy insert would be the best way to go. Soft and easy to shape you could mate both together without any raised edges and perhaps get it powder coated to match.

Or if you fit up a buffer tube adaptor that would open up endless possibilities. Telescopic or folding if you wanted it.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by thunderbird » 10 Feb 2022, 6:33 pm

womble wrote:That’s interesting. The rear of the stoeger receiver is quite tall. But still, a dremel here and a drill there might make that work. :drinks:

By looking at the photos of the adler stock and the stoeger stock, they look the same to me. :crazy: Cannot really tell "The rear of the stoeger receiver is quite tall"? Have you try the adler stock with your stoeger?
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by thunderbird » 11 Feb 2022, 4:32 pm

I am thinking of getting one of the adler stock and make a adapter to fit it to my stoeger. Just wondering how much is a adler stock?
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 12 Feb 2022, 5:42 pm

I definitely want a standard stock for my citadel. The pistol grip stock just isn't conducive to quick shots
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 13 Feb 2022, 2:34 pm

thunderbird wrote:
womble wrote:That’s interesting. The rear of the stoeger receiver is quite tall. But still, a dremel here and a drill there might make that work. :drinks:

By looking at the photos of the adler stock and the stoeger stock, they look the same to me. :crazy: Cannot really tell "The rear of the stoeger receiver is quite tall"? Have you try the adler stock with your stoeger?

I haven’t tried and you could well be right, but I don’t have an Adler stock to test it with.
It does look like the most suitable candidate without importing something.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm

thunderbird wrote:

I haven’t tried and you could well be right, but I don’t have an Adler stock to test it with.
It does look like the most suitable candidate without importing something.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 13 Feb 2022, 4:20 pm

bigpete wrote:I definitely want a standard stock for my citadel. The pistol grip stock just isn't conducive to quick shots

Knowing how good you are at crafting stuff, maybe you can just whip something up out of a lump of wood?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 13 Feb 2022, 4:32 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bigpete wrote:I definitely want a standard stock for my citadel. The pistol grip stock just isn't conducive to quick shots

Knowing how good you are at crafting stuff, maybe you can just whip something up out of a lump of wood?

Ha ha,you give me way too much credit. Tbh even if I could I probably wouldn't want to,its kinda nice having ONE plastic gun I can totally abuse
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 13 Feb 2022, 4:44 pm

bigpete wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Ha ha,you give me way too much credit. Tbh even if I could I probably wouldn't want to,its kinda nice having ONE plastic gun I can totally abuse

Doesn't have to look good or be finished, as long as it works :-) A chunk of 190x40 radiata pine would do. I carved an AR15 pistol grip out of pine and it worked just fine to help me decide what shape worked best in my hand. Its only finish was from handling with sweaty and oily hands :-)

I was looking for the pine grip yesterday to try on my Ruger Precision, but I didn't find it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wazz » 16 Feb 2022, 7:53 am

thunderbird wrote:

I am thinking of getting one of the adler stock and make a adapter to fit it to my stoeger. Just wondering how much is a adler stock?

I will sell the one in the pictures, PM me if you are interested.
wazz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by womble » 19 Feb 2022, 4:15 am

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wazz » 19 Feb 2022, 2:05 pm

wazz wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

mine is for sale for $80 posted
wazz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 19 Feb 2022, 3:06 pm

wazz wrote:
wazz wrote:
thunderbird wrote:

mine is for sale for $80 posted

Colour me interested.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.