12g ammo travel storage box

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

12g ammo travel storage box

Post by MtnMan » 27 May 2022, 6:12 am

Can anyone point me to some storage boxes for 12g ammo? Can't seem to find much online. tired of keeping them in the factory cardboard box that falls apart.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: 12g ammo travel storage box

Post by mchughcb » 27 May 2022, 6:46 am

I use the mtm plastic boxes.
You can get them off ebay australia
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 May 2022, 11:15 am

mchughcb wrote:I use the mtm plastic boxes.

This, I use MTM products for rifle and pistol ammo, top quality stuff which has lasted for several years now. Apart from fleabay many gunshops sell MTM cases.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 May 2022, 12:29 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:

This, I use MTM products for rifle and pistol ammo, top quality stuff which has lasted for several years now. Apart from fleabay many gunshops sell MTM cases.

Agreed. The only MTM boxes I don't like are the 20rd ones, with the slip cover. They're narrow so fall over far too easily, and if you pick them up by the cover the bottom falls out dumping your ammo. These - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183000403463

But they're useful if you leave the lids off and tape two of the bottoms together in a 40rd block.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 May 2022, 12:52 pm

bladeracer wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:

Agreed. The only MTM boxes I don't like are the 20rd ones, with the slip cover. They're narrow so fall over far too easily, and if you pick them up by the cover the bottom falls out dumping your ammo. These - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183000403463

But they're useful if you leave the lids off and tape two of the bottoms together in a 40rd block.

Had the same thing happen bladeracer, I have one (only one!) which dumped 20 rounds of 6.5 Jap into the bottom of the canoe when I carelessly picked it up, so now it sits in the ammo locker holding misfires waiting to have the bullets pulled. A friend who only shoots shotgun has one of their 100 round waterproof Dry Boxes for storage which he likes.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 May 2022, 1:18 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Had the same thing happen bladeracer, I have one (only one!) which dumped 20 rounds of 6.5 Jap into the bottom of the canoe when I carelessly picked it up, so now it sits in the ammo locker holding misfires waiting to have the bullets pulled. A friend who only shoots shotgun has one of their 100 round waterproof Dry Boxes for storage which he likes.

I don't take these ammo storage boxes hunting. I prefer these for field use https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175060421782

But I also have a variety of soft wallet-style pouches that hold individual rounds securely out of sight and weather.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 27 May 2022, 2:47 pm

Rebels or qge has them I know because I have some just can’t remember which store I got them from
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 27 May 2022, 9:33 pm

I use these for both 12 and 20G cartridges. They don't fall out. I can see how many are in there

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17255584853 ... ctupt=true
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.