Yildiz Elegant

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Yildiz Elegant

Post by Shootermick » 16 Jun 2022, 9:07 pm

I’ve got a Yildiz under and over in 28 gauge. It’s really quite a nice gun for the money.
Has anyone got one of the Yildiz Elegant side by sides? Good, or not so??
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Yildiz Elegant

Post by mchughcb » 16 Jun 2022, 9:37 pm

Is this the full alloy one that was in the SSAA mag?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 17 Jun 2022, 6:27 am

mchughcb wrote:Is this the full alloy one that was in the SSAA mag?

My under and over has an alloy receiver, not sure about the sxs.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 17 Jun 2022, 7:34 am

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/tr/cifte_i.html

There's some really good info there. As to.which ones we'll be able to get,I have no idea, but I can tell you I'm certainly interested in both the 20g and the 410 :) as long as they actually do have the screw in chokes
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 17 Jun 2022, 9:23 am

bigpete wrote:http://www.yildizshotgun.com/tr/cifte_i.html

There's some really good info there. As to.which ones we'll be able to get,I have no idea, but I can tell you I'm certainly interested in both the 20g and the 410 :) as long as they actually do have the screw in chokes

The model at my LGS is the A3TE, $1450.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 17 Jun 2022, 11:18 am

Ouch !
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 17 Jun 2022, 1:35 pm

bigpete wrote:Ouch !

I didn’t think $1450 was too bad, that sort of money doesn’t go too far on a decent shotgun.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by grumpy308 » 17 Jun 2022, 9:58 pm

Hi Shootermick. I purchased an A4 Elegant 410 a couple months ago and am quite happy with it even though it has seen little use. The current production does have screw in chokes and comes with five all up. The 410 has an alloy receiver but I don't think that is an issue unless you only ever use 3 inch magnums. Proportions and styling is along English lines which is what appealed to me but Australia only imports the standard model. There are very nice Lux and special Lux versions made that have extremely good timber and special engraving available as well. Pity we can't get those. The only thing not to my liking is the bluing which is a sort of matt finish rather than glossy and shiny but a covering of oil brings it up ok. The length of pull is quite long and I will lop it off if I can get hold of a small Pachmayr red old English pad to put on it. It took about 6 or 8 months after ordering to turn up but it was worth the wait to have a stylish little 410. I think there were a reasonable amount brought in by Raytrade at the time and I know the LGS where I purchased mine grabbed two extra's to put in stock. Regards Malcolm.
grumpy308
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 20 Jun 2022, 5:55 pm

grumpy308 wrote:Hi Shootermick. I purchased an A4 Elegant 410 a couple months ago and am quite happy with it even though it has seen little use. The current production does have screw in chokes and comes with five all up. The 410 has an alloy receiver but I don't think that is an issue unless you only ever use 3 inch magnums. Proportions and styling is along English lines which is what appealed to me but Australia only imports the standard model. There are very nice Lux and special Lux versions made that have extremely good timber and special engraving available as well. Pity we can't get those. The only thing not to my liking is the bluing which is a sort of matt finish rather than glossy and shiny but a covering of oil brings it up ok. The length of pull is quite long and I will lop it off if I can get hold of a small Pachmayr red old English pad to put on it. It took about 6 or 8 months after ordering to turn up but it was worth the wait to have a stylish little 410. I think there were a reasonable amount brought in by Raytrade at the time and I know the LGS where I purchased mine grabbed two extra's to put in stock. Regards Malcolm.

Thanks Malcolm,
There’s a couple in stock at two of my closest shops, I might get in for a look on the weekend, if it’s to my liking I’ll probably grab one.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.