When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by womble » 22 Jun 2022, 4:09 pm

And over 2,000 comments for 11,000 views.
What does that tell you .
Think about it. Take your time. :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jun 2022, 7:10 pm

Your well on your way to gaining the number of views and likes as seen on some of the least popular funny cat videos :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 22 Jun 2022, 8:01 pm

And what does that say about womble
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jun 2022, 8:35 pm

cz515 wrote:And what does that say about womble

In all fairness, it's pretty hard to compete with funny cat videos. They've got a massive and very diverse target audience.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 23 Jun 2022, 3:35 am

True but cat videos are not being farmed by armies of bots from troll farms in St Petersburg.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/01/troll-factory-spreading-russian-pro-war-lies-online-says-uk
Well paid work.
Or Eddie and crackers will shill it for free. :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 23 Jun 2022, 3:51 am

mchughcb wrote:Next week how many are going to be captured, 2500, 7500, 10,000?

Not a whole lot of surrendering going on now is there.
117 days now of young Russian conscripts who don’t want to be there being fed into a giant meat grinder. It’s insanity. Just kids as young as 18 with barely a boot camp.
Nobody wants to kill them. They just don’t put up much of a challenge to the seasoned adversary they face.
Strategically they,ve already lost this war. But these kids don’t know that. Just propoghanda filling coffins.
All just to feed the ego of one madman.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 23 Jun 2022, 8:36 am

Dear Womble
This guy does not seem to agree with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQB7uWuWpBw
Yes he is probably just a Russian propagandist troll spreading disinformation.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 23 Jun 2022, 9:34 am

Profiteering shill would be more apt.
That's Gonzalo Lira aka coach red pill from the incel manosphere :D
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 23 Jun 2022, 9:16 pm

womble wrote:

117 days now of young Russian conscripts who don’t want to be there being fed into a giant meat grinder. It’s insanity. Just kids as young as 18 with barely a boot camp.
Nobody wants to kill them. They just don’t put up much of a challenge to the seasoned adversary they face.
Strategically they,ve already lost this war. But these kids don’t know that. Just propoghanda filling coffins.

Are you actually looking, reading real media sources. Let me enlighten you a bit too reality

Germany and for that matter rest of Europe is still buying Russian oil and gas.
India is still buying Russian oil.
China is buying so much oil from Russia that its its become biggest source of oil. Btw China is the largest consumer of oil in the world.
We all know China is also supplying arms to Russia.
Germany has only this week skuttled a deal to supply solvakian track to Ukraine.

Have you imagined what will happen in Europe come winter time. And where they get heating gas and electricity generation from. No wonder they are looking at restarting their mothballed coal electric plants, not cheap nor easy.

Have you considered its only a few weeks before the media will realise the huge price increase in oil is due to the embargo on supply of Russian oil. I mean Europe, China, India etc etc etc getting Russian oil and getting it for cheap, why are we paying ridiculous for our petrol

And most importantly the small attention span of European and western public.

:violin:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 23 Jun 2022, 9:22 pm

womble wrote:

This is utter crap, 2500 just retreated out of Hirske into Lysychansk Aztol factory where the main roads are now cutoff. Its going to be almost impossible for them to get out. The Kadyrov just said their special forces have the factory surrounded. Only a matter of time Mariupol.

Keep believing whatever you like. There's going to another mass surrender or destruction in the next week, Aztol is nothing like the Azov steel works and how did that work out for Ukraine, 1036 Marines surrendered followed by Azov battalion.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 24 Jun 2022, 4:32 am

The master goat ****** still alive and talking s**t as usual then.
But he’s not even in Ukraine or remotely close to it.
Most of the Chechen tiktokers around the industrial Severodonetsk have gone quiet.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 24 Jun 2022, 4:44 am

Posted an our ago. These look like Russians being taken prisoner https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9VYZwQ8eA
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 24 Jun 2022, 4:56 am

What I believe is of no consequence. But fwiw I’m going with a stalemate currently.
Once this is sorted though, you’ve got a country with a defence system on par with Israel . Impregnable.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/23/7354216/
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 24 Jun 2022, 10:24 am

Womble you don't give up.
Well how is the sanctions going on how is its stock market going
How is its currency going

Look the answers up. But in short they are going very well indeed
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mickb » 24 Jun 2022, 5:07 pm

Ive been in two conflicts, served in one, contracted in the other and one defining factor of both was that nothing was reported accurately in the media. I have no doubt this situation between russia and some 2nd world dump no one can find on a map, is any different. They could put up footage of playstation COD battles and the average suburbanite would lap it up and argue about it.

The sanctions are about the most bungled concept of the whole show. Sanctions are meant to be weaponised trade policies, cripple the enemy . At this point it looks like our entire side is crippling itself by sanctioning a country that is not even a top 10 economy. Anyone at the top checking the math on this? Is their a 3rd grade primary school teacher anywhere on the staff? :lol:

Meanwhile the elephant in the room, the fact we all know we are going to have inflation across multiple sectors, from 2 years of lockdowns(and we were even told this, hundreds of times, in the last two years!), moseys out the door....
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by mchughcb » 24 Jun 2022, 5:17 pm

Spot on Mick.
Hurting us more. Russia is just going to make the EU bleed.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 24 Jun 2022, 7:50 pm

That's my point as well. All these sanctions have done is increase inflation for us poor schmucks.

All the while big oil is printing money, food is up and will keep going up. With inflation in Australia at 5% i region it is likely to head towards double digits by Christmas if the war still keeps on going, esp when winter hits and Europe starts freezing.

What's ironic is that even though Russia is probably still selling about the same amount of oil and gas as before but the market sentiment is that there is more demand then supply... keeping the prices high
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 25 Jun 2022, 9:11 am

Finally got them. First footage of HIMARS MLRS :clap:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0I0ETi_08M
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 25 Jun 2022, 9:14 am

Not looking good for Ukraine. They have been ordered to retreat but columns are getting completely smashed by artillery and helicopters. They must be out of stingers.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mickb » 25 Jun 2022, 1:22 pm

russia bleeding europe is only part of the problem, its how much big business will milk it too. Not much chance of them taking a hit to profits, but you and I will.

Like covid. You and I paying more for everything from computers, car parts, postage, milk, steak, chicken, workboots, a steelspan shed the last two years but the worlds richest all skyrocketed their wealth. I mean they didnt just get richer, they actually created a new level of rich...

Well I just hope they are prepared for these sanctions. They may need bigger screens on their smartphones to check their net worth by the end of it . :lol:
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by mchughcb » 25 Jun 2022, 1:59 pm

Bezos was doing well, everyone was losing their job, he wealth was propelled into the stratosphere.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 25 Jun 2022, 2:01 pm

womble wrote:Finally got them. First footage of HIMARS MLRS :clap:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0I0ETi_08M

Seriously dude, are you delusional? The Russians already captured the French artillery. I'm sure they will make a monument out of the US ones too.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 25 Jun 2022, 5:06 pm

That was a fake article placed in an Indian newspaper 5 days ago, since debunked.
Pretty poor effort when they didn’t even fabricate a photo.
If they even captured one of the Caesars they would be playing it 24/7 on state media.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 25 Jun 2022, 5:17 pm

This is pretty useful if you genuinely want to follow the conflict https://liveuamap.com/
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 25 Jun 2022, 8:26 pm

womble wrote:This is pretty useful if you genuinely want to follow the conflict https://liveuamap.com/

Kiev has just ordered their forces to retreat from Severodonesk

Next they will be ordering them to retreat from Lysychansk. Problem will be they are encircled and can't because it's too late.

The walls of reality are falling in.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 25 Jun 2022, 10:24 pm

Latest reports suggest that Germany and France are dangling the bait of EU membership to Ukraine in order to get Ukraine to capitulate as soon as possible.
This will allow a return to "business as usual" with a rehabilitated Russia.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 25 Jun 2022, 11:50 pm

mchughcb wrote:
womble wrote:This is pretty useful if you genuinely want to follow the conflict https://liveuamap.com/

Kiev has just ordered their forces to retreat from Severodonesk

Next they will be ordering them to retreat from Lysychansk. Problem will be they are encircled and can't because it's too late.

The walls of reality are falling in.

True, well done.
They absorbed hell. The Russians levelled both cities and now have moved in to take control of the rubble. They paid a very high price for them.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 25 Jun 2022, 11:52 pm

straightshooter wrote:Latest reports suggest that Germany and France are dangling the bait of EU membership to Ukraine in order to get Ukraine to capitulate as soon as possible.

Its never going to happen. The EU membership will take years. Germany is going into meltdown come winter if they have no gas. If Russia encircles the best troops Ukraine threw at them in the Donbass then the might still do a Barbarosa to Kiev before winter.The only EU membership is to a former state.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 12:02 am

straightshooter wrote:Latest reports suggest that Germany and France are dangling the bait of EU membership to Ukraine in order to get Ukraine to capitulate as soon as possible.

Candidate status for Ukraine and Moldova has been approved. Required Germany and France to give the thumbs up.
Basically probation period. They are prospects but no bottom rocker on their colours yet.
Have to show their commitment with agreed to reforms and do a lot of heavy lifting yet.
Still, it is a seal of approval :thumbsup:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfCuaGAOJE
Last edited by womble on 26 Jun 2022, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jun 2022, 12:11 am

mchughcb wrote:

Its never going to happen. The EU membership will take years. Germany is going into meltdown come winter if they have no gas. If Russia encircles the best troops Ukraine threw at them in the Donbass then the might still do a Barbarosa to Kiev before winter.The only EU membership is to a former state.

Just stared summer now. Different hemisphere. It’s complicated :D
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation