Southern Highlands Regional Shooting Center access

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Southern Highlands Regional Shooting Center access

Post by Oldgunfan » 28 Jun 2022, 5:32 pm

Has anyone been to the Southern Highlands Regional Shooting Center south of Sydney recently ? I ask because I’m wondering if my little car can make it up the roads there. I struggle on the road to bowral pistol club and am wondering what to expect on the dirt roads leading to SHRSC. Is it strictly 4wd access ? I have a Yaris lol
Oldgunfan
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Southern Highlands Regional Shooting Center access

Post by Gamerancher » 29 Jun 2022, 8:34 am

Unless the road has totally turned to sh!t due to the wet weather and a lack of maintenance from the "whinging-carribee" council, even a metrosexual in a Prius should be able to get there.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Billo » 29 Jun 2022, 1:14 pm

your Yaris will make it, just slow the hell down and you probably should arrive with 4 wheels and your teeth attach
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 05 Jul 2022, 1:09 pm

One needs a f250 truck compensating for one's small member.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldgunfan » 08 Jul 2022, 5:31 am

Thanks guys ok I’ll give it a try .. with any luck all the recent flooding hasn’t completely ruined the road in !
Oldgunfan
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 08 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

Oldgunfan wrote:Thanks guys ok I’ll give it a try .. with any luck all the recent flooding hasn’t completely ruined the road in !

You'll be fine. I've taken my little front-wheel-drive rice burner up there many times, even after rain. The road has tonnes of holes and puddles, but if you take your time you can navigate them - there's no creeks to cross. In fact I'm heading up there again soon for some casual shooting myself. It's a good range; they even have the berms for high power silhouette, just no club has the steel yet (last I heard). But also heard it's coming eventually. My biggest criticism is the constant 1/2hourly breaks and lack of wind flags. Wish they'd get a fullbore flag or two, to keep your eye on...
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Peterwho » 21 Feb 2023, 8:36 pm

Does anyone know what the current status is on Hill Top? The 50m range is open for club bookings but 500 and 800 are still closed. Can’t see any more detail online and it’s a long wait to get a human on a phone.

Regards

Peter
Peterwho
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges